Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

Heyya Guys!!

just found thehut.com ships in 1 pound to India!! Is this really reliable website to order from. What about the import duties and such ghapla!!

Check out ivg for this, many members there have ordered stuff from thehut.

None had good idea whom I contacted there, however I went forward and ordered one which I got finally.
<
Later on ordered more from them..hehe..

Now those buggers have jacked up the prices. ;(
<

Anyone knows of other similar sites like shopabroadonline? please dont recommend shop and ship - they're too costly.

asking cause shopabroadonline quote is fishy.

i asked for a quote for a router on amazon where its listed at 31.99. Current USD -INR price is 53. So it should be 1696.

the online quote is 1696. then they phone me saying online quote is wrong and have emailed me new quote. The new quote shows item price as Rs 2173, making it around USD 41.

They added 10 dollars to amazon price just like that. NY tax cant be 30% right? at most it would be around 10% = 3 dollars.

They seem to be charging their own weird price. Maybe they dont like people buying again and again from them.

Anyone knows of other similar sites like shopabroadonline? please dont recommend shop and ship - they're too costly.

asking cause shopabroadonline quote is fishy.

i asked for a quote for a router on amazon where its listed at 31.99. Current USD -INR price is 53. So it should be 1696.

the online quote is 1696. then they phone me saying online quote is wrong and have emailed me new quote. The new quote shows item price as Rs 2173, making it around USD 41.

They added 10 dollars to amazon price just like that. NY tax cant be 30% right? at most it would be around 10% = 3 dollars.

They seem to be charging their own weird price. Maybe they dont like people buying again and again from them.

I dont understand why quote is fishy , router is listed at 32 , 9% NY tax $2.88 , shipping would be free as above $25 so effective international shipping is $6.12 . And you say that its wrong i am surprised . Router weight would be atleast 1lbs so international shipping would be minimum $10 with all service taxes inclusive

or

is the router priced $22 ?

router is $32 (1.6k), add to this shipping + customs and total came to 2.7k.

they made a mistake. instead of 32 they put 42 and charged me 2.1k for router and added shipping and customs to it and total came to 3.3k.

anyway problem is solved. they gave me a revised quote afterwards with router's correct price of 32 dollars.

^ But not for every item, only selected items are available for International shipping.

I find ShopAbroadOnline's price very attractive. Their rates are

First lb - $9

2nd lb - $3.5

Each additional lb - $4.5

Compared to SnS its much much better for heavy packages.

^ But not for every item, only selected items are available for International shipping.

I find ShopAbroadOnline's price very attractive. Their rates are

First lb - $9

2nd lb - $3.5

Each additional lb - $4.5

Compared to SnS its much much better for heavy packages.

How does customs workout in case of shopaborad ?

I have never used their service so no idea.

^ Customs at actuals, just use their calculator - http://www.shopabroadonline.com/onlinecalc.asp

The duties and taxes field also includes the service tax on the shipping cost, so don't consider the whole thing as duty.

But if you use their PPO service (where you order it yourself and give their address, just like SnS) the rates are much more

1st lb - $10

each additional lb - $6

Don't know why such a difference.

Back