X360 vs 20k upgrade for a computer

You will see Nehalem socket based processors from Intel in q4 2008. So stick with the current processor motherboard and ram for now. Just upgrade the GPU and get a good PSU.

amritsingh87 said:
amen to that.... will upgrade my comp... but do i need to upgrade my processor too ? btw: I have an E6600 ... i already have TRUE... so will overclocking it on P5B or abit P35E do or i need faster proccy ?

do i need faster ram too... i currently have 4gb 667... ?

If I were you, i would refrain from upgrading the CPU and motherboard as a major Nehalem revision is due very soon , as octave correctly pointed out.

Nor the RAM (coz Nehalem supports DDR3) or the mobo.

Get a HD4850 if there are some games that you want to play desperately and your current config. cant handle them.

CPU clock shouldnt make a huge difference to the more graphics intensive games as such, still try to be close to stock voltages for 24x7 use.

13k for the 360, then paying 2-3k on every game, which basically in the long run turns out to be more expensive that PC upgrades.

^^ Thats assuming you are buying new games. I buy my games second hand for about 700 - 800 bucks. I used to hate pirated games so I used to spend 1.3k for new PC games.

But yes if you play pirated games, then a PC will be anydays cheaper unless you mod your Xbox.

Don't upgrade your motherboard. Just buy a new Graphic card. In case Intel or AMD release a kickass processor any time soon, you will be stuck with your configuration.
And there is no reason for you too upgrade your proccy now. 6600 won't bottleneck any game. Infact even cheaper C2D's don't.

amritsingh87 said:
me too... but i find myself spending on upgrades every 6-8 months or so.... so thought that a console would last longer...

so.. can i buy an original x360 and softmod it ? and still avail warranty ?

Why do u have to upgrade every 6-8 months

Plan wisely so that u recycle every 2 years or so...Believe me thats not difficult, unless u r gaming on 24+ inchers

pcgamer said:
Why do u have to upgrade every 6-8 months

Plan wisely so that u recycle every 2 years or so...Believe me thats not difficult, unless u r gaming on 24+ inchers

no no... i usually dont spend much on upgrades... every upgrade for gcard = like 5-6k or sth... sold my 7600gt and bought 8600gt now selling 8600gt and going for 4850/8800...depending on cash wen buying... i think should have waited and bought an expensive card... that shud have lasted longer....

go for a Xbox 360...forget about the PC....xbox can be easily modded & also here in india u can still claim warranty for 3 years (RROD only)....

i have a modded Xbox 360 with 50 odd Games for it, still has to go bad( touch wood)

so i guess even at 500 bucks a game i have already got the complete worth of my Xbox 360, though even i totally reccomend a PS3 or a PC because a Xbox 360 is not very reliable., i have seen other people who have a troubled even with original unmodified consoles let alone a modded console brought from the grey market.

your call

kris30 said:
yeah worth it. but u need to feel sad when your graphic card gets out date in a couple of months

My 8800gts bought last year plays all the console-to-pc games @ max settings @ 1280x1024, If you mean games like Crysis... then its a different thing :)

Back