X360 - Reset Glitch Hack thread

Re: The Reset Glitch Hack : A new exploit on Xbox 360 (read: JTAG re-born)

dragon_unleashed said:
Dash launch 2.26 can be updated directly, just copy the dash launch folder to the root of your xbox 360 mem unit and go to the "Installer" folder and inside that run the "default.xex" file and follow the instructions and after installation is done and reboot your console....
Gotcha! I guess that should be relatively easy enough. :p
dinjo said:
I'll be connecting the console tonight to download covers , only website i found is covers.jqe360.com another point to note is certain themes do not support auto download of covers so check theme notes before installing.

We need Dean from PS3 Scene to develop a stable launcher
Do post the results. My current Batman theme has the same options as my stock dashboard. Also amen to Dean coding an alternate dashboard for 360. Multiman must be the most easiest and efficient dashboard till date.
Gannu said:
Fixed for you.
Actually, it works both ways. Deank is his full user ID, but most people often refer to him as Dean. ;)

Where is the xml file which you were talking about i could only find dashlaunch.ini

Same here. On Dashlaunch 2.26 now and Peace Walker works perfectly. :D

^hey have the issues with regard to brightness sorted out?

Gannu said:
^hey have the issues with regard to brightness sorted out?
Oh yesh! Forgot to mention that. It was mainly beacause all the settings had reverted to default and I had to set the 'Reference Level' option to 'Expanded'. This was known as 'Black level' on the earlier dashboard versions. :p

I didn't noticed any difference in brightness

Ethan_Hunt said:
Oh yesh! Forgot to mention that. It was mainly beacause all the settings had reverted to default and I had to set the 'Reference Level' option to 'Expanded'. This was known was 'Black level' on the earlier dashboard versions. :p

So let me get this straight. This hack brings about a new dashboard which mimics multiMAN or something similar for PS3. Am I right? And backups can be booted from a portable hard drive?

Gannu said:
So let me get this straight. This hack brings about a new dashboard which mimics multiMAN or something similar for PS3. Am I right? And backups can be booted from a portable hard drive?
Very similar to it. The only difference is that this hack allows complete unsigned codes to work on the console. So every content available would work on it. This allows a great deal of flexibility in modifying and editing the content as well. Freestyle dashboard is the 360 equivalent of MM on PS3. 360 and XBLA titles can be booted off the external HDD, but DLC and title updates need to be stored on the 360's internal drive to work.

Ethan_Hunt said:
360 and XBLA titles can be booted off the external HDD, but DLC and title updates need to be stored on the 360's internal drive to work.

A little noob question... By external HDD, you mean any USB external HDD which can be connected to XBOX 360 and used as additional storage
or
use the laptop HDD and fit in some spare XBOX 360 HDD using HDD Hackr and other tools...?

roxster said:
A little noob question... By external HDD, you mean any USB external HDD which can be connected to XBOX 360 and used as additional storage
or
use the laptop HDD and fit in some spare XBOX 360 HDD using HDD Hackr and other tools...?
In the above context, I meant any portable HDD connected via the USB port (FAT32 formated). The second method you pointed out is also an option. However, it will then turn the HDD into an internal 360 HDD. Also, you don't need to use any tools to convert a laptop HDD to work with the 360, if you use this hack. All you need to do is place the laptop drive into the official 360 HDD casing and stick it in. Go to device management, format the HDD and enter your console's serial number, when asked for it. Simple! :)

Ethan going green with envy reading all those MGS Peacewalker posts. I want to play Arkham City bad but no one in my city can do this hack :((

sharktale1212 said:
Ethan going green with envy reading all those MGS Peacewalker posts. I want to play Arkham City bad but no one in my city can do this hack :((
I understand shark. Since this hack is relatively new, I think only the pros who have been following/performing JTAG hacks closely would be able to attempt this. Also sourcing those Coolrunner chips and other material is another set-back. :(

Ethan_Hunt said:
In the above context, I meant any portable HDD connected via the USB port (FAT32 formated). The second method you pointed out is also an option. However, it will then turn the HDD into an internal 360 HDD. Also, you don't need to use any tools to convert a laptop HDD to work with the 360, if you use this hack. All you need to do is place the laptop drive into the official 360 HDD casing and stick it in. Go to device management, format the HDD and enter your console's serial number, when asked for it. Simple! :)

Wow...then its great...I have always felt less power when it comes to customization unlike PS3 where in you can use laptop HDD without any modding/tools...
Has reset glitch method matured now? I mean..I read few tutorials and it seems someone who knows inside of XBOX 360 well, can do it..and lot of stability issues were reported...If this is stable like what it is in PS3 Scene... I can get this done by someone...

roxster said:
Wow...then its great...I have always felt less power when it comes to customization unlike PS3 where in you can use laptop HDD without any modding/tools...
Has reset glitch method matured now? I mean..I read few tutorials and it seems someone who knows inside of XBOX 360 well, can do it..and lot of stability issues were reported...If this is stable like what it is in PS3 Scene... I can get this done by someone...
Well, I can only speak for myself, as far as the experience goes. I ran into a few issues initially with FSD settings, but since I'm slowly learning the ropes, I soon figured out how to go about working them out. My console's boot times are pretty good too. It can take anywhere between 2 secs (minimum) to 35 secs maximum to boot into the dashboard. It also seems to randomly freeze on the 360 logo, since it got glitched, but that's not a major concern. It happens rarely and if it does, all you need to do is power off the console and switch it back on. Everything else is same as JTAG. PS3 scene is still stuck with finding a workaround to play 3.60+ titles. Although, good progress was made on the PSN titles and some random 3.60+ games getting patched to work on 3.55, but nothing major.

360's scene is very active and if not the RGH/JTAG hack, then C4EVA is always present for the drive firmware. ;)

Having said that, I'm very happy I got this done. If you know someone who can do it for you and has a sound knowledge of it, then I'd definitely recommend it.

I am planning to get my 360 glitched. But the thing is, who will do it for me :(.. I did all the firmware flashing thing by myself... That being said, i dont think i can do this RGH hack by myself.. Should i take the risk and do this by myself?? If its that easy, someone please help me with the process.. Or if some1 can get it done for me, please let me know..

Soldering is the only hardest part, if your soldering skills are poor get team-xcuter QSB's from xconsoles .Either you can solder them or by some mechanic ,because margin of error is less and permanent .

navino87 said:
I am planning to get my 360 glitched. But the thing is, who will do it for me :(.. I did all the firmware flashing thing by myself... That being said, i dont think i can do this RGH hack by myself.. Should i take the risk and do this by myself?? If its that easy, someone please help me with the process.. Or if some1 can get it done for me, please let me know..

I tried glitching my slim with cpld purchaged from ebay ,seller said its programmed with Trinity.jed (but i doubt).. But my slim b1tch wont glitch,flashed my nand back and everything is normal.. as i ordered team-xcuter products waiting before trying again

i purchased these,yet to receive

1.Teamxcuter CPLD cool runner-II from xconsoles
2.LPT programming cable for cool runner from xconsoles
3.Qsb's for slim from xconsoles
4.PIC18F4550 dev board for flashing/reading nand from nex-robotics just for 700/-

^^ thx for the help bro.. Iam now planning to take the risk of doing it by myself.. Some help here would be appreciated..

I have a phat jasper with mfg date as 20th aug 2009.. I dont have any special tools or hardware with me.. As I managed to flash my drive with just a sata cable as its a liteon one.. So, i need to know all the tools and hardware that are required to get this RGH done(easily:) ) my myself..

TY

Back