WTB: Wireless Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

imranais

Disciple
WTB: A wireless router to set up a wireless network at home, to enjoy wirefree internet and make full use of the wi-fi capabilities of the laptop.

(^^^Man that sounds so bookish, anyways hope everyone got the point.:p )

Plz post good offers asp, Thanks!:cool2:

Guys a brand new Netgear WGR614 wireless router is available in mumbai for Rs.2250 as on 18th october 2006 with full warranty.

Pl. do not send me PM's for ur used routers asking for same or more amount than the price of a new one.

Thanks!

Waiting for some good and reasonable offers...

I inquired at Mahavir Electronics at Lamington, price they told me was 2250.

Plz Can u tell me where its available for 2000?

***BUMP***

@Stormblast: I found a shop at Lamington which is selling Netgear one for Rs.2050! Thanks for the headsup... :thanx:

Come on guys give some quick offers or I will have to buy a new one this weekend...

yes chic_magnet, hook up the adsl/ethernet wires to this wireless router and this wireless router produces wi-fi signal. This signal can be received by the wi-fi enabled laptop giving me the complete mobility to browse internet from anywhere in my house with no wires attached... :)

***BUMP*** :p

Come on guys isnt there anyone ready to sell his used router for a price below the price of a brand new router?

All PM's I have got range from 1 month old to 6 months old router and asking price from everyone is from Rs.1900 to Rs.2700. Guys a new one is available for 2050, so plz quote ur price accordingly for ur used router, Thanks...

I will wait till sunday if I dont get any worthy offer, I will have to buy a new one for 2050... :(

imranais said:
yes chic_magnet, hook up the adsl/ethernet wires to this wireless router and this wireless router produces wi-fi signal. This signal can be received by the wi-fi enabled laptop giving me the complete mobility to browse internet from anywhere in my house with no wires attached... :)

the Netgear WGR614 u mentioned above is not a ADSL modem cum wireless router. so u wont be able to plugin the adsl cable to this router

varkey said:
the Netgear WGR614 u mentioned above is not a ADSL modem cum wireless router. so u wont be able to plugin the adsl cable to this router

I'm hoping he already knows that..:bleh:

PS: To imran --> Honestly..I think you'd be better off getting a new router!!

varkey said:

Yes dear I am aware of that...:hap2:

And ya I think I am better off buying a new one as nobody is ready to sell their used one for below the price of new one...:mad:

Anyways its Diwali today and tomm is sunday so I will wait till tomm evening for offers if any...:cool2:

BSNL sells a wireless router (Type-IV) for 2000/- only, to their customers.
I recently purchased this to replace my old Type-I router. It's a Huawei
Sterlite SmartAX MT841 with 1 WiFi (comes with a PCMCIA slot in modem, and
an addon PCMCIA WiFi accessory card), 4 ethernet and 1 USB port. It has the
usual ADSL modem capability, that most of the Netgear/Linksys routers lack.

Performance is good enough for its price, and WiFi signals are decent too. See
if you can buy it directly from them, otherwise you can coerce a friend with
a DataOne connection to file a request application form with 2000/- in cash
to their office and get you a shiny new wireless boradband modem/router.

NOTE: Don't forget to ask for the PCMCIA card, which is included in the price.
I know a few who weren't provided with the free accessory card, or were asked
to pay 600/- for it. If you don't get one, you can still buy an aftermarket Linksys
card and use it for WiFi.

^^ I was looking for the same wi-fi router/ADSL modem. Unfortunately, BSNL in karnataka has no stocks of that model. Infact BSNL Karnataka has no stocks of even the basic Rs.1200/- ADSL modem. sucks.. :(

last i heard the corporate office in Blr was preparing the Tender notification for procurement of the modems. The file is in 'process' for the last 2 months.

Yamaraj said:
BSNL sells a wireless router (Type-IV) for 2000/- only, to their customers.
I recently purchased this to replace my old Type-I router. It's a Huawei
Sterlite SmartAX MT841 with 1 WiFi (comes with a PCMCIA slot in modem, and
an addon PCMCIA WiFi accessory card), 4 ethernet and 1 USB port. It has the
usual ADSL modem capability, that most of the Netgear/Linksys routers lack.

Performance is good enough for its price, and WiFi signals are decent too. See
if you can buy it directly from them, otherwise you can coerce a friend with
a DataOne connection to file a request application form with 2000/- in cash
to their office and get you a shiny new wireless boradband modem/router.

NOTE: Don't forget to ask for the PCMCIA card, which is included in the price.
I know a few who weren't provided with the free accessory card, or were asked
to pay 600/- for it. If you don't get one, you can still buy an aftermarket Linksys
card and use it for WiFi.
Man dat sounds cool, an ADSL modem cum wireless router brand new for just RS.2000 what else one can ask for? I was about to finalise a linksys wireless router deal but I think I better research this BSNL router thing first.

Thanks for the heads up :hap2: btw Yamaraj where do u stay, maybe u can help me in this? :D

^ I'm in Patna, the one and only Underworld. ;)
Even if the Patliputra Ex guys agree on selling me another modem in a week,
it'll not come cheap given that modem box is bigger and heavier than most
mobo boxen, and there is another WiFi PCMCIA box to accompany.

I think you can contact one of many BSNL franchisee in your area and ask
for the Type-IV modem. Then you can also ask a friend to get you the same.
I'll be happy to provide any help, if you cannot get it locally by any means.
PM me after you've tried all options. :)

^^^Thanks mate for ur early reply and willingness to help... :hap2:

Also a big Thank you to all the people who contributed in this thread... :thanx:

Requesting MODz to plz close this thread
as I dont think anyone has or wants to sell their old routers. So I would try and get it from BSNL, thanks to advice from Yamaraj or buy the linksys router....

Hey, keep us updated on the availability of the BSNL Type-IV modem. I am interested in that, but it aint available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back