WTB:Remote Controller for Desktops (Like Dell Laptops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00gieMan

Adept
Hey folks,

Looking for a solution for my desktop.. mainly want a remote controller like you get with Dell Studios, Inspiron and XPS.. teh small mini media remote..

Looking something similar for my desktop.. Dont want to use it as mouse / keyboard non-sense.. just for Mute, Play/Pause, Selection, FFwd, Rwd, controlling KMPlayer and Winamp... (Dell Media remote takes up KMPlayer by default and so does it with Winamp)

..Obv, dont wana spend 3k for a Microsoft branded media centre remote or crap.. Looking something within 1k (even 1k is too much for it)..

Saw amarbir's PC TV Remote.. but dint find it that interesting.. the quality looks ultra low and fkall from the pic itself.. 2ndly dealing with amarbir and mainly its a self import by him and no warranty.

...Any suggestions locally? Am from mumbai.. No sorry, dont suggest me to go to lamington road to do some RnD.. no time for that :bleh:

..Or anybody wants to sell their Haupauge TV Card's remote or Avermedia's Remote.. (ONLY IF YOU U"VE TESTED YOURSELF WITH KMPLAYER AND WINAMP AND WMP and if that remote works with them and compatible with Windows Vista / Windows 7 64bits).

...Kinda need the remote ASAP.. Pour in the suggestions.. also words from some peeps who have purchased that "PC TV Remote" from Amarbir.

EDIT: No, DealXtreme isnt a good option coz of its wait time and i kinda need it asap.. and plus dont wana get the complications of online transfer crap.
THANKS IN ADVACE.

^^ Thanks for that link gmano.. will check for that remote locally.. dont think buying it from someone in ludhiana (whom i dont know) is a good idea in the 1st shot.. Although, 999/- is still expensive for this remote controller.

EDIT: I know about the combination of keyboard+mouse.. but the main draw back for DealXtream is that it'll take long time to reach me, wher i need this remote as quick as possible.

I may let go my dealextreme Remote, but I need to search for it first :p (reason: I have migrated from HTPC to WD TV live)

^^ Ha ha.. cool.. well search adn leme know as quick as you can :p.. how much for WD TV live ?

mods can you shift this link to member's market section and tag it as "wtb"

@b00gieMan
^^ Thanks for that link gmano.. will check for that remote locally.. dont think buying it from someone in ludhiana (whom i dont know) is a good idea in the 1st shot.. Although, 999/- is still expensive for this remote controller.
You can trust gadzetz & moreover it is a ebay listing just pay through paisapay & u will get a insurance upto 50K. In case u don't receive the stuff u will get u money back from ebay.

I have bought so many things from gadzetz & the seller is trust worthy.

b00gieMan said:

I have also purchased from GADZETZ , no problem. GOOD seller.

Well that way even i have Dell Media Remote. But the thing is u need to have IR receiver and dont know if Generic ones will be compatible with Dell / HP remotes.. and again IR Receiver availability is another issue.
niceguy1430 said:
Hve a HP laptop remote which came with it for Media Centre. Dont know if it will be of use to you though.

^^ Anybody has the GADZETZ guy's number and name? Their site seems to be screwed up.. and i think calling him up and talking to the main guy is a better idea than sending him or contacting him via eBay.

EDIT: if so then please PM me his name and number. Preferably the main guy instead of someone working in his shop / store.

gadzetz is a real good trustworty dealer! ..have already purchased xpensive stuffs from him..NO problems so far! & above all the dealextreme pc remote from Amarbir is a Real Great stuff..decent/nice build quality,direct plug & play & compatible with almost any s/w media player u can name.it's super vfm..u cant go wrong with it!

@ vivacious.. thanks for the contact details.. i got it.. will speak with him soon.. i appreciate the help. :)

@ Techie#1.. cool to know that.. and about DX Remote with amarbir.. well i guess better to go for a pinnacle branded one than any al-cheapo.. above all.. the one that amarbir has is craply priced.. the price on the site + 4% + Shipping and above all the man got no manners, no professionalism and not ethical in any way. Turns out sums up to be an expensive deal coz on DX its just for 500 bux and free shipped. Also the guy gets pain up his when someone asks him to list it on ebay..(god knows for what, anyway as he himself said.. he is an old man.. god bless his old-age).

Pinnacle is 999/- (Free Shipping) - eBay coupon.. turns out better deal + no banging ur own head on the wall.

^^ man..is OLD age that Bad?....for that matter,i'm even older than Amarbir,lucky me...u don't consider me a lunatic..& my advices heresy!...think u will also age sometime dear!!!
unless u have got something personal against Amarbir,i wouldn't rate him that Bad a dealer,he is sometimes just Temperamental!

Go with whatever u think Best...its ur money & ur decision afterall !!!

^^ Hey Techie#1.. take it easy.. nothing against age or anything :) Infact i respect aged people as am sure everybody here does it.. Also nothing personal against Amarbir.. just that last time i asked him a couple of things like a normal person with respect and requested him for a couple of things.. and "He himself said.. I have my own working style, i'll do it when i want.. am an old man.. i cant rush"... which was so totally out of context and i was like.. huh..? WTF? ..where did that come from and why did he say that? :S And not just this.. a couple of more worst things from him.. rather one of the 2 worst attitudes i've ever come accross when it comes to TE / Other forum dealers.. (dont wana ask me about the 2nd one, lol)

.. just that i dont like it when a person gets so lame giving lame excuses and being a "Matlab ka Old Man"... u know what i mean..

Anyway.. getting back to the thread topic.. will be talking to GADZETS guy by 2nite hopefully.

Do others wana order the remote from him?? mebbe i can ask him for bulk price and see if he can reduce is further.

One thng. Is tht pinnacle one just fr media centre or any and all players. If price is good me wants one.

Its a Media Centre remote.. but KMPlayer takes it also winamp takes it.. My Dell Media Remote worked the say way... kmplayer took the remote settings out of the box.. no softwares or custom shit installed.

Anyway.. who uses Media Centre for movies and stuffs.. specially after getting these Wide Screen LCDs.. kills the fun for old series or 4:3 ar videos. Also audio is awfull.

that dealer's a/c is on 30 days hold on Ebay.. crapped out 30 days :( W/o ebay coupon the deal makes no sense.. 1k remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back