User Guides Write in your language !!!

90 % of Indians don’t know how to read and write in English. How make information reach to people in rural areas thru internet, when 70% of text written in websites is in English!!!. To solve this problem, a character encoding has been introduced named as Unicode. Unicode supports almost all languages that can be written in all over world.

For indian languages , Unicode supports

Telugu
Tamil
Kannada
Gujarati
Bengoli
Malayalam
Marathi
Hindi
Punjabi
Oriya

In Unicode each character is assigned a particular code. Eg. अ is assigned &2309; . Similarly each and every character from all languages is assigned a code.
The pattern looks like this
& + code + ;

Unicode can also be written in hexadecimal. One needs to convert code to hexadecimal and write as &#xHEXCODE.If you know how to convert code to hex its fine, otherwise simple method is to use scientific calculator to convert decimals to hexadecimals.
For more information you can visit unicode.org

To make a webpage understand unicode you need to mention character encoding in meta tags as

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
To make system support and understand Unicode, you need a Unicode font. At present Arial Unicode MS is the most feature rich font. Since this font is property of Microsoft, no one can distribute this font directly; however you can install this font thru these steps.

(Unicode works best with windows 2000/XP/2003 operating systems)

HTML Editors supporting Unicode are

Microsoft Front Page
Macromedia DreamWeaver
Mozilla Composer

Browsers Supporting Unicode are
Mozilla
FireFox
Netscape 7.0
IE 6 or above
Safari (For MAC os)

are some famous html editors

Well there are some compatibility issues with unicode,
Unicode is not supported in Windows 98 , ME and upto certain extent NT.
MAC os 10 has introduced support for unicode, browsers for MAC
Linux by default can not show unicode characters , but by installing language support , unicode can be displayed.

You can also install LIP (Language Interface Pack) for office Xp and 2003 from Here

Let us start work with our own National language

To start with coding in HTML , here's a simple tool to write in hindi
Write Hindi
Now let us understand how to write using this tool ,

One just needs to click on expected characters.
Here's an example
क + ा = का

to have half letters u need to use it as
क + ् + य = क्य

Similarly you can make many words using this tool and unicode.

At the end final words to all friends
आपको मीत्रता दिवस मुबारक

PS:Will be adding more language support soon

hey... 8- 10 characters in kannda lang are missing :O ...so cudnt write my name:(
शऋित (Shruti) ಸಂಜಯ (Sanjay) :hap2:

Hey.... I started a thread like this long ago... only it was in the testdrive section (was seing if the forum supported it), we haad a long discussion, but that thread has now been removed (apparently feedback+testdrive threads are removed after a month)

KingKrool said:
Hey.... I started a thread like this long ago... only it was in the testdrive section (was seing if the forum supported it), we haad a long discussion, but that thread has now been removed (apparently feedback+testdrive threads are removed after a month)
me too was looking for the same.. i still cant read the unicode characters( those in this thread!) :(

Hi श्रृति (श + ् + र + ृ + त + ि )(Hope spelt if correctly)

Added support for your name :hap2:

EDIT:
I just seen now , IE is not showing break ups properly , But fireFox does ,so simply try firefox if you are having trouble viewing this webpage

Back