Working with Inverter/UPS Lead Acid Batteries

I've sunk in 10k with used batteries so far (bought the second one after my last update here) so it's more likely that I'll change the inverter. Maybe do some kind of exchange with a reseller on OLX. Or buy a new inverter on EMI that does have a charge setting/profile for SMF.

Quick update: After a few months of saving and budgeting, that is what I ended up doing. The Luminous Optimus and iCruze inverter models have a SMF battery setting that float charges at 13.45V which is acceptable for the Amaron Quanta batteries.

I sold two of the dead 100ah Quanta batteries for scrap at Rs 3000 each and purchased a physically damaged but perfectly operational 24V Luminous Optimus/iCruze inverter (the lowest tier 2000VA one). It's hooked up to the remaining two used batteries that I purchased about six months ago.

The Optimus and iCruze models have solid state switching when power cuts out, just like the older Cruze+ models, so my entire fleet of systems remain online even at load. But this is a temporary setup until I finish my LiFePO4 battery rebuild (probably by the end of the year) and pair it with my older 48V Luminous Cruze inverter linked in the first post.

The next project would be to see if it's viable to rehouse that 48V Luminous Cruze+ inverter into a rackmount enclosure/form factor.

Back