Windows 7 Build 7057 Possible RC1 is Out

Last month, Microsoft had listed the 36 much requested changes in its first release candidate of Windows 7. This RC 1 was expected to arrive on April 10. However, to everyone's surprise, a new Build 7057 of Windows 7 was reportedly being seeded on Torrent sites.

Nothing surprising anymore about Microsoft's operating system release candidates getting leaked at the torrent sites. It's an old 'cat and mouse' game going on between Microsoft and the folks leaking out information. A 32-bit version of Windows 7 build 7057 was leaked on the web which is being seeded through torrent sites.

Apparently, the build 7057 carries an expiry date of March 2, 2010. Sized 2.51 GB DVD ISO could be activated using the same Windows 7 beta keys. However, it's likely that this build is one of the pre-Release Candidate build.

Does anyone in Chennai has Windows 7 build 7048? Does anyone have any idea to download build 7057? If yes can you send me a DVD and I will Pay the cost incured.

Just finished installing 7057.

Man the new login screen really looks awesome. Has such a refreshing look. It makes Vista and XP look plain fugly!!
I hope they use that very background as the default wallpaper too. The Betta fish wallpaper would be near its lifetime now, with the beta builds coming to an end.

Also, the new themes, sounds and wallpapers are simply top-notch! When they had announed the new themes packages for Windows 7, i hadn't thought it would come out so good.

A garden soundscheme for the Nature Theme with superb wallpapers. Awesome.

Looking around right now, will post if i find anything new.

I have 7000 installed, any means by which I could migrate to 7057 without doing a complete reinstall?

mr47 said:
I have 7000 installed, any means by which I could migrate to 7057 without doing a complete reinstall?

Just choose upgrade when you start installing the new 7057 build from win 7 itself. Will work just fine. i did my 7000 --> 7048 update like that.

64 bit should work well now that most drivers are mature, considering they have been around from vista times. I hope all my devices are supported. Will post back after I install it.

rajshah said:
Just choose upgrade when you start installing the new 7057 build from win 7 itself. Will work just fine. i did my 7000 --> 7048 update like that.

Oh that means I have to download the entire ISO, cant I just get update from within the control panel>windows update?

ranjan2001 said:
Oh that means I have to download the entire ISO, cant I just get update from within the control panel>windows update?

"Windows Update" isn't for updating a beta OS to a different revision :p You need to get the image and use the Update OS option.

Installed 7057 on my laptop. you know what i think about it? EPIC FAIL. bloody thing runs slower than vista on my system. took me 30 mins, i'm not kidding, to install firefox and the damm thing wont open. control panel took 10 mins and still has some shitty loading bar going on.

there are a million things in this windows which makes me hate it even more. got sooo pissed off i banged my lappy again with my fists after a looooong time. BAH. once i come back from office win7 is going down the toilet

perhaps it because these leaked internal builds are done with "debugging" info/unoptimised settings to help monitor perf/crashes etc? so i too will wait for the official (hopefully public) release of RC1...

SunnyBoi said:
Installed 7057 on my laptop. you know what i think about it? EPIC FAIL. bloody thing runs slower than vista on my system. took me 30 mins, i'm not kidding, to install firefox and the damm thing wont open. control panel took 10 mins and still has some shitty loading bar going on.

there are a million things in this windows which makes me hate it even more. got sooo pissed off i banged my lappy again with my fists after a looooong time. BAH. once i come back from office win7 is going down the toilet
Why in the world did you install a leaked release??:huh:
Try the beta once..

Back