Will the N82 be dropping the price?

Gryph0n

Adept
Nokia's N79 & N85 are anticipated to be shipping shortly. So is there an anticipated price drop for the N82?

Should i go ahead and get the N82 at ~19K today, or would it be more sensible to wait and get it cheaper later?

I can wait till Dec 2008. How much of a price drop can I anticipate by then?

by december you will find a new favorite and think again to wait..

n82 had its share of price cut.. now its in a sweet spot... 18k ... it will fall further but by then you will have better (pricey) alternatives..

yeah.. although after using a bigger screen... 3.5 inches.. going back to 2.4 inches is a little pain for me... every phone seems smaller to me now...

used imate o2...

so its agreat phone, but only problem is the 2.4 screen... i think any mobile above 12k needs atleast a 2.8 inch screen...

try playing video files or using opera mini on these and find the difference..

Please do wait..dont hurry now..there are sleeker models than the 82 coming upp..get those..85 and 79are gonnabe good..wait for them...
The price cut is arounf the corner..

H@cKer said:
I am suggest to wait till dec the price will come to 15k at that time and that's my opinion.If 4k is not much for u then you can get it now.

At ~19K today, the pricetag is a bit stiff. But if it comes down to 15k, that would be the sweet spot for me. I guess i'll wait till Dec.

To me the N82 has everything in terms of features that I'm looking for. Smartphone, Good camera, GPS, Good Music capabilities. It does seem a bit thick in photos form-factor wise, but thats something I can live with.

For me, there seems to be nothing compelling about N79 & N85. They seem more like a half-hearted rehash, than a full hearted refresh. 3.2 & 5 MP Cameras, GPS, and most other stuff that are already on the N82. But if they bring down the price of the N82, I'm all for it :eek:hyeah:

i just bought the N82 for 19.5k .. its a damn good phone with plenty of features which will not be used after some days :lol:
waiting for better phones is worthless as new phones are launched every fortnight.

Gryphon....if u really need it...u can check market thread where its going for 16.5k within warranty from jesal....

Prices of lot of model will come down till feb next year as new models will b ard....also due to 3g entry of iphone they were expected to b down but due to inflated rates it wont happen soon but lot of good models ard will bring iphone rates down and so vice versa other models will launch within 30k range so again the price of 20k ones will fall down....

if u really wanna wait, i suggest that you wait till diwali. apart from that, waiting till december makes no sense. like many others have pointed, there will always be something newer and better in the market. infact thats the very reason the prices of older phones drop.

Back