Why is the Seiko Monster so popular?

OT: I know almost nothing about watches, but pugs are cute! :(
We have 2 pugs in our office - probably the most awful, useless, irritating and stupid dogs ever. All toy dogs must cease to exist. (Don't get me wrong I am a dog lover and have 2 dogs at home)
I dislike automatics - i find them delicate/overpriced/getting way too much attention than they deserve in general
I hate the monster but thought it would be cool to have a monster look alike in my collection of watches. Since i only buy quartz watches i ended up getting a Norsk Monster - it is a fun watch well built, works well and cost me less than INR 1250 on ebay.com

On a side note I haven't been visiting TE much and spend most of my time on Watchuseek specially the F71 section. I am glad to see a horology sub section here and would be dividing my time between both forums.

Attachments

• IMG_20141105_124926.jpg
    IMG_20141105_124926.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 195
We have 2 pugs in our office - probably the most awful, useless, irritating and stupid dogs ever. All toy dogs must cease to exist. (Don't get me wrong I am a dog lover and have 2 dogs at home)

I dislike automatics - i find them delicate/overpriced/getting way too much attention than they deserve in general
I hate the monster but thought it would be cool to have a monster look alike in my collection of watches. Since i only buy quartz watches
i ended up getting a Norsk Monster - it is a fun watch well built, works well and cost me less than INR 1250 on ebay.com

I agree with both the points.

I mean I get it thats its a cheap diver, but 90% of the owners dont ever go diving AFAIK.
It's like this - 100% of the owners who have chronograph don't go racing. Even the few who do, don't use it to keep track of their lap times. :angelic:

Since i only buy quartz watches...
I get the automatics just to endlessly watch the seamlessly flowing second hand :D

I get the automatics just to endlessly watch the seamlessly flowing second hand :D
The aesthetic appeal of mechanicals is extremely high. One you power up every 24H and one self winds. And then there is the....errrm.....Kinetic.....!

Back