Car & Bike Which SUV or Crossover under 25 Lakhs

Not ugly exactly its over done but with a dark car the front grills gets hidden to a certain extent. The car looks stupid in white and silver.

Agree on that. The Dark Grey does quite well in hiding the stupid overdone front bumper.
Better pounce on a dealer and get it soon as the bookings begin on June 8th.

Even i am thinking of getting an SUV but the budget is not like the one u have.Earlier i was also thinking of XUV 500 AWD but then after reading all the ownership threads on teambhp and other auto forums,have decided that its not worth it for the next 18-24 months as there are too many niggles in it.I am thinking of a pre worshipped Pajero or Grand Vitara and somehow inclined to a GV.Metalspree,you can also give these both cars a try.Have been searching for a V6 GV for a long time now.

Wassup Lamer :p.

Edit : For the first time i sat in the rear seat of fortuner and was shocked that it has less head and leg room than a innova.

It dont have leg room for front passenger also, I'm 6'1 and the dashboard kept touching my knees :sleep: ... A prospective buyer ~6'2 was disgusted to see that and stormed off the showroom saying Captiva is better !

abhifusion
i have the same problem( knees touching dashboard) even in Innova but not as bad as a Fortuner , surprisingly i did not face it in the XUV.

Head room eases if i push the rear seat back but its sad in stock position.
Fenix i am not a fan of used cars doesnt matter even if its worshipped car . Grand vitara is petrol and has sad FE . I am booking XUV next week , i have read the entire Tbhp about the niggles but they aren't that bad unless ur stuck with a lemon. Mahindra is fixing most of the issues and tbhp folks even report the stupidest of the niggles as well . I have test driven the XUV throughly along with a couple TE members and all of us felt its pretty good vehicle .
Sandy , hunt3r , NinByChoice lamers what do you say about today's TD

abhifusion
i have the same problem( knees touching dashboard) even in Innova but not as bad as a Fortuner , surprisingly i did not face it in the XUV.

Head room eases if i push the rear seat back but its sad in stock position.
Fenix i am not a fan of used cars doesnt matter even if its worshipped car . Grand vitara is petrol and has sad FE . I am booking XUV next week , i have read the entire Tbhp about the niggles but they aren't that bad unless ur stuck with a lemon. Mahindra is fixing most of the issues and tbhp folks even report the stupidest of the niggles as well . I have test driven the XUV throughly along with a couple TE members and all of us felt its pretty good vehicle .
Sandy , hunt3r , NinByChoice lamers what do you say about today's TD

I still feel you should get a reva... Save the planet go green! Peace Bro.....

I still feel you should get a reva... Save the planet go green! Peace Bro.....
I.M.H.O. Battery powered cars are hardly an environmentally friendly option as creating those batteries itself is a very polluting affair. CNG is far better for the nature.
But this guy here wants an SUV...
Sir, if my previous advice does not satisfy.... I really think you have a choice between two cars as of now. Santa Fe will tick all the sense boxes but if it were me...I would go with fortuner. Looks gorgeous and Toyota reliability is simply unbeatable.

I.M.H.O. Battery powered cars are hardly an environmentally friendly option as creating those batteries itself is a very polluting affair. CNG is far better for the nature.
But this guy here wants an SUV...
Sir, if my previous advice does not satisfy.... I really think you have a choice between two cars as of now. Santa Fe will tick all the sense boxes but if it were me...I would go with fortuner. Looks gorgeous and Toyota reliability is simply unbeatable.

Sandy was not serious mate :p
Its not really about reliability, it has to give you what you want, like leg and head space and gizmos and what not.

Anyways, AFAIK metal is settling for a XUV5OO

I want an electric car too. With MSEDCL declaring that one electric unit will cost a Re 1/- since 2013 this seems a sensible solution :)

is this the same car which has weird door open handles which are generally found inside the car?? isn't it mikey?? :rofl:

is this the same car which has weird door open handles which are generally found inside the car?? isn't it mikey?? :rofl:

True that Kauzy Sir !!

Kauzy is it true what Metalspree is saying about the Fortuner ?

Oh and yeah I saw this yesterday :p

If you're really going as high as 25L, consider the Audi Q3 (even though technically.. it's not a full offroader) Considering the awesome diesel powertrain and the Audi Quality, it's priced just slightly higher than 25L (26 odd lacs ex-showroom mumbai)... it's a very capable car / softroader that you should consider.

Another vote for the fortuner and Endeavour.

If you're really going as high as 25L, consider the Audi Q3 (even though technically.. it's not a full offroader) Considering the awesome diesel powertrain and the Audi Quality, it's priced just slightly higher than 25L (26 odd lacs ex-showroom mumbai)... it's a very capable car / softroader that you should consider.
Do you know how high the taxes are in Bangalore?!

Again, He is getting XUV5OO. @Metalspree tell them will ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was just a suggestion... taxes are high everywhere except for prolly Delhi and the UT's..

It was just a suggestion... taxes are high everywhere except for prolly Delhi and the UT's..

Sorry mate, didn't mean to offend you.
Karnataka is the exceptions to taxes, they are the undefeated champion in levying tax for no good reason.
Taxes are pretty similar everywhere actually, including Delhi. J&K is cheaper I think.

Back