PC Peripherals Which soundcard should i buy ?

Which sound card should i buy out of the following

1.Creative Labs Sound Blaster AUDIGY2 ZS - PCI Soundcard -- 85 $

2. Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value - Sound Card Dolby Digital 7.1 - 63$

Also what is the difference between the 2 and also suggest some other soundcard within 100$ if better than this.

If you have such a nice budget, get an HDA X-Mystique instead of audigy. It does DDL in hardware. Most ppl who switched to that from the audigy seemed to be hearing new things :)

techmaster said:
Whats the price and from where in US can I buy it ?

Also Chaos what is the diff between ZS and value cards?
ZS has firewire, gold plated connectors and extra I/O options over the value. If you wanna get an audigy2, get the value OEM version and save some cash.

zhopudey said:
The DDl in hardware is only useful if he has a spk system with digital in, or else an av- reciever.
creative drivers suck. i'd say go for HDA X-Mystique..
btw
which speakers have it? say within Rs 10000

HDA review here:
Pros:
* Great sound quality.
* Very low CPU usage.
* Dolby Digital Live encoder with DTS,DTS-ES,DD-EX support.
* Price.
* Not a Creative Labs product.

Cons:
* Availability

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=articles&go=page3&arc_id=29

Be very careful if you own a nForce3 Mobo and going for the Audigy 2 ZS. Seems that theres a compatibility problem with these mobos. it seems this the pc does a BSOD with a horrible screeching sound very randomly while using the card. Theres a 40 page theard in the creative forums over this. Through its working fine with my pc, people who have the same config as mine are also facing this problem.

lord_nemesis said:
Be very careful if you own a nForce3 Mobo and going for the Audigy 2 ZS. Seems that theres a compatibility problem with these mobos. it seems this the pc does a BSOD with a horrible screeching sound very randomly while using the card. Theres a 40 page theard in the creative forums over this. Through its working fine with my pc, people who have the same config as mine are also facing this problem.
Hm... is it limited to the ZS or also a problem with other audigy cards? I get the screeching sound issue in farcry with EAX enabled even though its not a ZS. However no BSODs.

Chaos, that is because Audigy LS does not have hardware EAX mixing, check again, Farcry DOes need hw mixing. I got the same problem too.

lord_nemesis said:

no problem like this for me never got screeching sound. I also having nforce3 mobo

Back