Which New Phone for 20k..ish

saumik_

Adept
ok im lookin fr a new phone, was thinkin f the samsung Jet which should cost aroun 20-21....

any other touchscreen phones I should consider?

primary use - music etc tp.... basically i jus want a new phone fr the heck of it...tired of my Nokia 5610
dnt think i should wait for the X6 or watever?

X6 will take sometime to come if want to buy now got to look other phones any way samsung jet is a good buy also look at LG ARENA
Are you open to non touch phones?

If you want a touchscreen & a new phone just for the heck of it, better you go for Nokia 5800 XM. Would be cheaper than 20K, + you'll get the apps & games support with S60v5.

X6 would be pretty expensive. Otherwise you can wait for the 16GB X6 without the CWM license coming next year.

nah dont want the 5800 dont like it, i dont want non touch either...
im going to alfa today will check out the jet etc....

went to alfa just now,

they dint have the Jet... said it would come 2mr for around 19k

the OLD pixon was for 18k :O and the S8300 ultratouch for 21250

the star 3g looks pretty good and IMO is a way btr option than the 5800.... i dono im confused

Go and have a look at Samsung Jet @ juhu Croma:)
Thy r selling it at 20675.Saw it last week only.
Its way better than 5800 compared to screen and touch effects.:D
Speakers are also good...just the audio quality of earphones is not that good.
plus it has AMOLED screen :hap2:

Practically & Frankly Speaking, wait for the Nokia X6, its gonna rock the market.

The Capacitive screen is really an innovation (for Nokia :p) & mark my words, symbian on that thing will ROCK!!

Only letdown is the panzy, 434Mhz, Arm11, which isnt much of an issue, if one is used to an N97 or even a 5800.

seriously :p ^ i wouldnt mind the htc hero but as i mentioned earlier budget is an issue im not filthy rich so yes im looking for a phone under 20k

Get a BlackBerry 8520 Curve ! I'm using one right now, and I'm loving it :D

EDIT: It retails for INR 16,000, but comes locked to AirTel. You can get an unlock code for 15$ though

or you could go for this...

Global Easy Buy

works out to 17K. + 8 GB SDHC card will cost u 1k locally + unlock code will cost another 1 K . so for 19K ... you'll get a brand new Htc G1 android based handset that you can load custom roms n stuff. Sweet Deal. I'm getting a black one myself.

Back