CPU/Mobo Which is the Best RAM to buy?

nadim_90210

Disciple
I am looking to order for RAM, currently i am running on COrsair XM2 800Mhz. I am planning to upgrade it. My System spec is E8400 with P5Q Pro & Zalman 9700 Led. Which is the best memory avaliable.

So far what i have heard it is the OCZ Reaper. Please Help guys if you can provide me with any better option.

Nothing from Crucial Technology ? :S

I guess u havent tried that brand yet . Get any 800Mhz 2x2GB kit from crucial , it can easily do 1100Mhz .

Get the tracers if u want some show off :p

Vandal said:
I trust OCZ more than Corsair. Burnt out 2 kits of dominator memory. Plus OCZ XTCs 1066 MHz used to be guaranteed D9 chips.

there are NO 4gb D9 kits... those are only 2gb dual channel kits
good 4 gb kits (2 X 2gb) usually have promos or powerchips

Vandal said:
Try this:
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
I trust OCZ more than Corsair. Burnt out 2 kits of dominator memory. Plus OCZ XTCs 1066 MHz used to be guaranteed D9 chips.

Arey, No D9 even on most 2x1GB kits these days sir. :)
The OCZ mentioned above most probably uses powerchips as Funky had purchased teh same kit iirc. :)
And you trust OCZ more than Corsair now.

I remember your posts from good old DDR days when you were on Corsair sticks. :lol:

More confusion.

Now i am confused between the following.

Mushkin

Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

G-Skill

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory (Is the latency of this 1 to be considered? )

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Please Help

PS : My Budget is 110$

_pappu_ said:
dont take mushkin...their quality has gone down recently

stick to gskill or ocz for 4gb kits

Can you back that ?

A lot of people in EOCF have been buying mushkins with great results, I would suggest you getting the 4gig redline kit! Best performance for the money would easily to 1066mhz! I personally was able to overclock the blackline (1066mhz) to 1140mhz stable!

Back