CPU/Mobo Which CPU+MOBO+RAM to use for video encoding??

Hey guys,
i originally wanted to start this thread in market section, but i thot i should first get some advice on what to buy..
so my main usage of this rig would be heavy video editing & encoding using Pinnacle Studio 10 and Ulead, also i cant afford to spend more than 15K to 20K on this setup,
so for CPU i was thinking Q6600,
as for motherboard i wanted something with onboard graphics or should i get some dedicated graphics card??
and RAMS 2GB
so i really need everyones input on this one, and if anyone interested in selling these at an affordable price please PM me.
thanx,

Ok.. Video editing certainly demands a good gfx card preferably from the nV Quadro series/ATI Fire GL. But the price of 20k seems prohibitive;

Keeping 20k as the price, see if this fits:

1. Q6600 [9650/-];

2. Biostar TP35D2A7 [The cheapest motherboard offering P35 chipset ~4.4k];

3. 2x1GB Transcend DDR II ValueRams 800MHz [~2k/-];

4. ATI HD3650 [Source one from Newegg thru KMD ~4.6k]

Total ~ 20,650/-. :)

For video encoding you really dont need GPU power. But for the sake of easing workload from the chipset i will use discrete gfx card for this purpose.

Now keep in mind that most of these low cost consumer boards are not really built to take constant load, specially with Quad core CPU where PWM is stressed.

I have seen couple of blown biostars with Q6600 due to this exact same reasons when these boards were used in a rendering farm. Spend little extra and get atleast Abit IP35-E.

Rest of the stuff like Q6600, as much ram as you can buy and some basic GPU like Gecube HD3450 256MB will do. This GPU costs 2.7k odd here.

thanx for ur advice guys.. so heres wt ive settled with...
Intel Q6600 (hoping to find one in the market section at 8K :ashamed: )
ABit IN 73 HD OR Palit N73PV Mobo (want to go for onboard gfx for now) (from rahul_varma's GO)
2GB corssair ram (locally purchased)
.. need your advice on the mobo.. will it be good enuf for q6600??
i have all the other stuff like 600W psu, 500GB HDDs an all.

dont skimp on a mobo with onboard... doesnt matter if you are going above budget for a bit ...it will last longer and without worries..

alright... i guess trying to save 3-4 K will prove pointless in the longer run anyway...

well.. i guess ABit IP 35 E is the best all rounder i can find then..

thanx for all the input guys, now time to hunt for good bargains in the market section....

later..

Back