Where to Buy XBox 360 in Mumbai?

Ecstasy

Disciple
Hi,

I'm planning to gift XBox 360 to my brother on his B'day. However, I do not know which shop/place would be the best in terms of price. Can anyone suggest me places from where I can buy?

Thanks

dinjo said:

Don't Chroma charge you extra compared to the normal price of those consoles?

Also, I wanted to know how much does a new controller would cost since there is only 1 controller in the pack?

Thanks

Yes they charge higher but the advantage i feel is no shipping the console so you pick it up on your own.

Ecstasy said:
Don't Chroma charge you extra compared to the normal price of those consoles?

What do you imply by 'normal price'? Croma charges the MRP of most of the consumer electronic goods being sold there and consoles are no exception. You may however bargain for fairly ones such as LCD/LED and plasma displays. The other dealers (ebay, Letsbuy etc) charge lower than the MRP and their profit is fairly lesser for each device sold.

For controllers, check out Letsbuy.

Buy Microsoft XBox 360 Wired Controller for Windows - White

Buy Microsoft XBox 360 Wired Controller for Windows - Black

Buy Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

PS: Coupons may bring down the price further. Look into this thread for the ongoing offers - http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deals-and-discussions/letsbuy-com-deals-and-coupons-186393.html

Thanks for the info guys.

And, It's been a while since I trolled this forum so I have forgot the rules & regulations. Is talking about moding the console illegal here? =p

Hmm..

If its illegal then please delete my post. Anyhow, I would be buying the console tomorrow and I need to mod it as well. So, anyone knows where I can mod it cheaply and from a trustworthy guy?

Please post your message here or pm me. Thanks. :)

^ if you plan to buy a mod console than you have 2 options

1 - get a new console from shivam electronics[heera panna],croma[many outlets],vijay sales[again quite a few outlets],origin games[inorbit and pheonix mall] and then take it to lamington road and get it modded.

2 - second you could just go to lammy and get a console there which has already been modded.

be careful on modded consoles from lamington as they sell mostly ntsc consoles and will be without warranty, before you ask, yes warranty on a modded xbox console can be saved.
I would suggest you to better buy an unmodded indian pal console with warranty and then go to a modder who can save your warranty and mod it.

dragon_unleashed said:
be careful on modded consoles from lamington as they sell mostly ntsc consoles and will be without warranty, before you ask, yes warranty on a modded xbox console can be saved.

I would suggest you to better buy an unmodded indian pal console with warranty and then go to a modder who can save your warranty and mod it.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Will be buying a new console from Croma tomorrow. However, I do need to know the price of the mod at lamington road or Heera panna?

Also, I would be buying an extra wireless controller. So should I buy that from Croma as well or buy it from Lamington road/Heera panna?

^ buy the controller from croma only.

i have no idea about the modding price.i think there are only 2 shops which do it.one is ninja electronics which is inside a small gully opposite to the police station.

Ecstasy said:
That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Will be buying a new console from Croma tomorrow. However, I do need to know the price of the mod at lamington road or Heera panna?

Also, I would be buying an extra wireless controller. So should I buy that from Croma as well or buy it from Lamington road/Heera panna?
Don't go lamingnton there are bunch of cheaters there they can replace your motherboard components , I would recommend get a rgh hack and not lt hack unless you want xbox live.

Hey, sry OT for asking my question here, but can someone please guide me on few options that i have -

1. My friend is coming in December, so i can ask him to get xbox360 from frys from USA during Thanks giving.

2. Get that console for under 200$, mod it in India, i know it will be NTSC ( but i guess we can DL ntsc formats games, updates )

3. Now, can i upgrade my firmware after mod ?

Or should i just get it from India ( PAL ), mod it and do option 2 & 3 mentioned above.

Mods - pls remove / edit if this post not allowed in this forum ( atleast PM the answer :) )

coolcatric said:
Hey, sry OT for asking my question here, but can someone please guide me on few options that i have -

1. My friend is coming in December, so i can ask him to get xbox360 from frys from USA during Thanks giving.

2. Get that console for under 200$, mod it in India, i know it will be NTSC ( but i guess we can DL ntsc formats games, updates )

3. Now, can i upgrade my firmware after mod ?

Or should i just get it from India ( PAL ), mod it and do option 2 & 3 mentioned above.

Mods - pls remove / edit if this post not allowed in this forum ( atleast PM the answer :) )

1st of all when you bring the console to india don't directly plug the adapter to our indian power plug as the adapter will blow because in US the power output in 110V and in India it is 240V. So u better get a good quality step down convertor or a Indian xbox 360 adapter rating 240V.

If you are not thinking of mod and playing og games than get the console from India as it will be really difficult for you to find og ntsc games in india.

EDIT:- Black Xbox 360 Wired controller is available @ neotech computers(andheri w) for Rs. 1290/- with bill and warranty.

Get a slim console from US older mfg date the safer

Get a rgh hack on it and make it region free

Profit

dragon_unleashed said:
1st of all when you bring the console to india don't directly plug the adapter to our indian power plug as the adapter will blow because in US the power output in 110V and in India it is 240V. So u better get a good quality step down convertor or a Indian xbox 360 adapter rating 240V.

If you are not thinking of mod and playing og games than get the console from India as it will be really difficult for you to find og ntsc games in india.

EDIT:- Black Xbox 360 Wired controller is available @ neotech computers(andheri w) for Rs. 1290/- with bill and warranty.

You suggest, pros and cons of modding. Me not a online gamer, would dl ntsc games i guess....

1 question - Does modding restricts you from upgrading yr machines firmware ?? or any other update....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dinjo said:
Get a slim console from US older mfg date the safer

Get a rgh hack on it and make it region free

Profit

How to do that ? Can you pls provide some link ( newegg/ tigerdirect/ frys )

also i am in NCR, from whr to get the modding done ? How much does it costs ?

Back