WhatsApp verification code issue!

smnrock

Skilled
I usually have android phone as primary and iPhone as secondary. Today my bad luck, I thought of using iPhone as main phone and decided to move from pixel 7 pro to 15 pro max. Main thing I wanted to transfer WhatsApp and for that I had to reset iPhone to use move to iOS.

Here’s is the problem, I use two WhatsApp accounts in pixel 7 pro and wanted to transfer only one main account. I did that following all the steps using move to ios app. After completing the move, I installed WhatsApp and trying to login, it was telling me to enter the verification code sent to WhatsApp in previous phone, ie., pixel 7 pro. But when I checked pixel, already it’s loaded the another account by default and WhatsApp was not showing any verification code.

From that moment I tried SMS and calls, WhatsApp keep saying check previous app or asking to wait an hour for next request. From morning, I tried multiple times after every one hour… But same results and now it asks me to wait 8 hours.

Google suggestions didn’t help like try in WhatsApp business, try using VPN :(

Contacted whatsapp support as well, but it automatically sends template answers :(.

I also tried to putting the sim back in pixel and install whatsapp fresh, even there it's same issue...

Anyone has any other suggestions?

Last edited:
From that moment I tried SMS and calls, WhatsApp keep saying check previous app or asking to wait an hour for next request. From morning, I tried multiple times after every one hour… But same results and now it asks me to wait 8 hours.
You just gotta wait. Do SMS or call OTP next day.

Recently faced this..
Just don't try to get OTP at random times. When WhatsApp says wait for 4hrs, try only after 4hrs.
If u try before that 4hr limit, u won't get otp and the counter resets to 4hrs again.
Not knowing this, I too tried multiple times only to get that 8hrs wait time, left the phone that night, and tried again in the morning and got the code as sms.

Last edited:
I usually have android phone as primary and iPhone as secondary. Today my bad luck, I thought of using iPhone as main phone and decided to move from pixel 7 pro to 15 pro max. Main thing I wanted to transfer WhatsApp and for that I had to reset iPhone to use move to iOS.

Here’s is the problem, I use two WhatsApp accounts in pixel 7 pro and wanted to transfer only one main account. I did that following all the steps using move to ios app. After completing the move, I installed WhatsApp and trying to login, it was telling me to enter the verification code sent to WhatsApp in previous phone, ie., pixel 7 pro. But when I checked pixel, already it’s loaded the another account by default and WhatsApp was not showing any verification code.

Google suggestions didn’t help like try in WhatsApp business, try using VPN :(

Contacted whatsapp support as well, but it automatically sends template answers :(.

I also tried to putting the sim back in pixel and install whatsapp fresh, even there it's same issue...

Anyone has any other suggestions?
Use call OTP option.

Recently faced this..
Just don't try to get OTP at random times. When WhatsApp says wait for 4hrs, try only after 4hrs.
If u try before that 4hr limit, u won't get otp and the counter resets to 4hrs again.
Not knowing this, I too tried multiple times only to get that 8hrs wait time, left the phone that night, and tried again in the morning and got the code as sms.
Again today morning tried, though this time it says, enter the code sent to SMS. But I never got one :(

Use call OTP option.
I mentioned in OP, nothing is working.

try disabling dnd on your sim if its enabled once.

also try shifting this esim to another phone and get otps and then transfer back
It is physical sim. Now I’ve completely disabled DND, will try again tomorrow! I already tried the sim in pixel again, but same issue.

Every other SMS is coming, Microsoft, zoho, Authy, Flipkart, Amazon.

Only bloody Meta related apps:(

I never get SMS OTP from whatsapp. It's crap. I have to use call OTP option.
It always gives a message, "We couldn't call your number. Please check your number and try again in 1 hour" :(
For other numbers i do get SMS OTP. Even SMS from Facebook is not receiving.. Basically, messages are not received for all the meta group services.

I've logged into web whatsapp in my desktop, just checked its working fine still, strange !
Try switching wifi in mobile on/off(first try with on then with off) to see if it works. Also, try sim in exact same slot as previous one as well as other slot.
Yep, did that.. no go!

Not sure whether the issue at my particular Airtel number which stops all the messages or calls from WhatsApp. Facebook, insta and today whatsapp says, SMS been sent to your number. But none was received. But other Airtel number i've is receiving SMS from whatsapp.

As @anmolbhard004 suggested, disabled DND completely now, will try again tomorrow and see if this is working fine.

Recently i've ported from Jio to Airtel for this number, not sure whether that has any relation in this issue :( Originally this number is from Airtel only, two years before moved to Jio, again last week moved back to Airtel.

Recently i've ported from Jio to Airtel for this number, not sure whether that has any relation in this issue :( Originally this number is from Airtel only, two years before moved to Jio, again last week moved back to Airtel.
This may definitely be an issue. I suggest ppl to not port their number linked with critical services, get a new number instead & change it on all linked services.

Still no go.. i think its something to do with Airtel. somewhere I read, people face this kind of issues when they have used TRAI DND app and report continuously. I was doing this actively earlier when i was using this number with Airtel before moving to JIO.

Guys, anyone remember the services which uses SMS gateway based on 59039 or 59029 which i believe Airtel global message gateway. As of now i know, 59039 is used by meta related services(facebook, insta and whatsapp) and 59029 is used by google sms services based on google search results.

Is any other service provider uses this gateway for sending alerts/OTPs?

EDIT:

Ok, finally got SMS now, relieved :)

Tried all the following things, not sure what helped or it got resolved automatically.

1. WhatsApp support continuously replied even though messages are mostly automated. But one last message, it was asking to send screenshot or recording. So i sent recording.
2. Complained to Airtel also...
3. Filed grievance in Whatsapp separately.
4. In reddit, i can see similar report for lots of people especially for the last 6 months. One of the reply said, if we are using dual sims, disable other sim and try only with this SIM. Now i also did that. But two days before i tried that as well with only one SIM.
5. Changed physical SIM to e-SIM. Basically change of SIM.

All in all, not sure what helped..

@gcbeldar

Last edited:
Back