what should i get ? Atrix 2 or Galaxy S2 ( i9100G)

pa1

Disciple
Hi, i've been planning to get an android device in 20-22k range for the past 1-2 months and have finally decided to go with atrix 2 ( thanks to this forum :hail: ).
Today i almost ordered it on Homeshop18, before checking this deal for galaxy s2 ( goes online tonight @12, price ??? ). I'm an occassional gamer but a heavy app user.
I'm planning to stretch my budget a bit to accommodate this deal, so what is the max price i should pay to make this a steal over atrix 2 ( keeping in mind that the offer is for i9100G -OMAP one), or would i be better off with atrix 2 ?

^ thanks. sgs2 displays deep colors ( unnatural according to some ) and atrix 2 has better resolution. Its a tough choice. But, currently i own a wave1 and it is hard to part with its beautiful SAMOLED display. So, i have gone ahead and ordered a sgs2(i9100G) for 23.7k @HS18

atrix 2 vs SGS2, price wise, the Atrix has a huge advantage if you are looking at it from the VFM perspective. You get a phone that is almost as good as the SGS2, but for around 2/3rd the cost.
Cons of the Atrix 2
1000mhz clock vs 1200mhz proccy for the SGS2 (though i think its the same chip, and overclock mods are there)
LCD screen - though the resolution is higher, the screen literally pales in comparison to the SGS2 screen(compared with a colleague's phone). contrast is exaggerated (the dark areas of the screen are nearly invisible), and the viewing angles are crappy.
Motorola service is nearly non existent :p
Firmware Mod support though decent, is still not as good as the SGS2

for me, I was planning on getting an Xperia sola or a U, and compared to those, this phone is above and beyond anything in the 20K price point. Dual core proccy, big ass screen, 8MP cam, Plus battery life is also nice - you get 1.5 days with moderate usage. Apps are handled decently, after a week finally soundcloud froze on the browser while i was trying to seek a song, but otherwise it has been flawless - ran NFS hot pursuit smoothly (not much of a gamer). I used my phone for browsing, FB, gtalk, music (on this phone I find myself using the shoutcast fm radio a lot) and the office communicator, and its more than sufficient.

Money was not a big problem for me, but I didn't see a point in blowing around 8K more for just a better screen, so went with the atrix2

Yep the Galaxy Nexus is a great buy at the price, SAMOLED screen, 720P resolution, JellyBean update, enormous dev community. Ofcourse the drawback is, its not launched officially in India.

^ thanks. sgs2 displays deep colors ( unnatural according to some ) and atrix 2 has better resolution. Its a tough choice. But, currently i own a wave1 and it is hard to part with its beautiful SAMOLED display. So, i have gone ahead and ordered a sgs2(i9100G) for 23.7k @HS18

Congrats on your new buy. Hows u enjoying the phone.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

atrix 2 vs SGS2, price wise, the Atrix has a huge advantage if you are looking at it from the VFM perspective. You get a phone that is almost as good as the SGS2, but for around 2/3rd the cost.
Cons of the Atrix 2
1000mhz clock vs 1200mhz proccy for the SGS2 (though i think its the same chip, and overclock mods are there)
LCD screen - though the resolution is higher, the screen literally pales in comparison to the SGS2 screen(compared with a colleague's phone). contrast is exaggerated (the dark areas of the screen are nearly invisible), and the viewing angles are crappy.
Motorola service is nearly non existent :p
Firmware Mod support though decent, is still not as good as the SGS2

for me, I was planning on getting an Xperia sola or a U, and compared to those, this phone is above and beyond anything in the 20K price point. Dual core proccy, big ass screen, 8MP cam, Plus battery life is also nice - you get 1.5 days with moderate usage. Apps are handled decently, after a week finally soundcloud froze on the browser while i was trying to seek a song, but otherwise it has been flawless - ran NFS hot pursuit smoothly (not much of a gamer). I used my phone for browsing, FB, gtalk, music (on this phone I find myself using the shoutcast fm radio a lot) and the office communicator, and its more than sufficient.

Money was not a big problem for me, but I didn't see a point in blowing around 8K more for just a better screen, so went with the atrix2

Why did the soundcloud freeze ?? any ideas

Back