PC Peripherals What rodent around 2.5K

sarang

Skilled
My two and half year old faithful MS Laser 6000 is dying. The right click takes some effort to push. So looking for a new mouse.

I have never used a so called "Gaming" mouse myself. Also never had a chance to dedicatedly use a decent wireless mouse. So open to explore that option as well, provided it serves the gaming purpose equally well.

Have mostly used MS mice since the optical days and was very comfortable with the Laser 6000, Comfort Optical 1000 etc.

Expected usage would be 30% Browsing, 30% Coding designing and emails, 40% gaming mostly FPS and an occasional TPS. Overall weekly usage is 20-35 Hours.

Budget is 2.5K, can increase a bit provided there's substantial value proposition on offer.

this is something you need to decide for yourself. mouse feel is totally subjective, and you need to try them out yourself before buying

greenhorn said:
this is something you need to decide for yourself. mouse feel is totally subjective, and you need to try them out yourself before buying

You've been to Pune lately haven't you? Still a comment like that? If I'd get to lay my hands on a decent sample space why would I post here? :)

That is exactly why I specified that what I've been using and what dimension are comfortable for me.

Now get back the topic and suggest :p PS : NOFM

@Audiophi1le: Will it be as good/better than the dying Laser 6000? Considering its Optical?

@Udit and harryneopotter: Thanks for the suggestions, any personal experiences with Razor? Quality, A$$ etc? Sorry for the n00bism but never used anything beyond MS and Logitech

Razer is pretty much a good brand for gaming gear. Though i am not much into gaming, but i have many friends who are using Razer mice (mostly DeathAdder), and its the most selling mouse between Counterstrike gamers, so it must something good. And after sales is also good coz AFAIK, SMC international handles Razer RMA atleast in delhi, and they are considered good in customer service.

the house I lived in pune had some razer and an MX 518.

Why, here in TVM alone I've been building up a collection of rodents for a friend's cafe :p

We have

10 intelli 3.0's

3 MX 518

1 MX 510

1 Diamondback

1 Krait

1 Salmosa

(and mind you all those razers were bought from a pune dude :p)

You're just not looking hard enough

greenhorn said:
the house I lived in pune had some razer and an MX 518.

Why, here in TVM alone I've been building up a collection of rodents for a friend's cafe :p

We have
10 intelli 3.0's
3 MX 518
1 MX 510
1 Diamondback
1 Krait
1 Salmosa

(and mind you all those razers were bought from a pune dude :p)

You're just not looking hard enough
Please name the dude!

Back