Android Weird wifi issue. Some apps dont work.

icysmoke

Disciple
I use an Airtel broadband wifi. Strangely some apps (like spotify) dont work with my wifi. They work fin on my ACT wifi. Also, on the airtel wifi, these apps work fine on my iphone but not on my two android phones (s22 ultra and mi 11 lite ne 5g). To summarize the issue

1. Spotify on iphone on Airtel wifi- works well
2. Spotify on android on airtel wifi - doesnt work
3. Spotify on android on mobile internet - works well
4. Spotify on android on ACT wifi - works

The issue is not just with spotify but with other apps too. Exact same issue. My airtel wifi is not ipv6 supported. Dont know if that matters.

Has anyone else come across such an issue

As commented by chetansha, DNS is the first thing you should be looking at. I would recommend changing it in client device itself rather than changing in router and then checking if the apps start working.

Next step would be to use cloud warp.

I called a friend since i am not too tech savvy. In the router settings he first changed ipv4 to ipv4/ipv6. Somehow all the apps work now. The issue still makes no sense to me. Why would it always work on iphone. Thanks for the inputs.

I called a friend since i am not too tech savvy. In the router settings he first changed ipv4 to ipv4/ipv6. Somehow all the apps work now. The issue still makes no sense to me. Why would it always work on iphone. Thanks for the inputs.
I'd like to know the answer to this as well for future ref.

Back