web hosting plans ?

If you don't have a credit card or paypal account, you can't sign up with Godaddy or even Valueweb (another service I recommend).

I thought the starter of this thread asked for a windows based service...(one of the reasons I didnt bother to post here)....

@ RiO : godaddy offering cPanel on a windows servers ?

I thought cPanel for windows was still under "Private Alpha Testing" phase...is it not ?

Mr Ashish why dont you just post your client names first, but as you already said that you are new, you have no clients, then do one thing, when you get some clients post them here and we will continue this debate.

first you say that godaddy is expensive and now you say that its cheap thats why they suck??? Make up your mind.

Btw anyone who wants the godaddy codes can pm me.

Hmm I dont have credit card only ICICI card with visa electron logo on it which makes it debit card. Any other method as I can use paypal only if i have credit card.

Hacker said:
Mr Ashish why dont you just post your client names first, but as you already said that you are new, you have no clients, then do one thing, when you get some clients post them here and we will continue this debate.

first you say that godaddy is expensive and now you say that its cheap thats why they suck??? Make up your mind.

Btw anyone who wants the godaddy codes can pm me.

I am new doesn't mean I don't have any clients. I have already given a small list of sites hosted in a PM to someone who was interested :) And I have offerred no obligation 30 day trial period!!

Godaddy is expensive in terms of absolute costs. Someone wants 10MB and godaddy's packs starts with 5000MB!! That will cost 2000+ a year. That way its expensive! Whereas what I told him will cost only 500 a yr. I guess, you have read my posts in a hurry :cool2: Godaddy is expensive in absolute terms and cheaper in per MB terms. Got it?

Let me quote what I had written earlier. Kind attention Mr. RiO
There are far better and cheaper options!

Even I can provide hosting that will be ..............
Note the word options and even. I said there are many options and I can be one of them. Secondly, if even I can be better than them, there are many others who will be far better. And when some questions were asked, I answered them. Thats it!! And why shouldn't I?

Secondly, I have shown 10 comments and ran out of patience! There are not only 10 but many more such comments on the web. Check them out some day.

Everyone knows there are many options and I stand by what I said. Godaddy hosting is not as good as it is made out to be!! IMO, it sucks. There are better options!! Whether its me or 1000 others. If it would have been someone good, I wouldn't run them down. I think just because I said both the things in the same post, it lead to this argument. Anyway, I am bored of this argument and leave it here and don't intend to argue further on this unless its a direct argument :p :D

@ archish, I don't think you can take things without a credit card. Either get hold of a Godaddy reseller in India or use some one else's service ;) of course after due inquiry.
@ m1n0r, godaddy also offers Linux hosting. But so far I haven't read anywhere in their KB that its with cPanel. It seems to be one of their own product. The present GoDaddy hosting users can confirm this and we have a couple of them here ;)

I have been following this thread for quite sometime, till now I was just reading it and was mute spectator but now few of the comments made me speak my mind here...

RiO said:
You offering hosting is not a problem... putting another service down and then offering your service is unethical, especially because you have no idea how big Godaddy is. On top of that, showing 10 comments of unhappy users to justify your original statement? Compare those 10 or even 1000 to the 10 million Godaddy registered users - that's my point! :)

There are better ways to present value of a service you're offering - you don't have to say "x" and "y" are horrible services, but I have something better (especially when you don't have first hand experience with those services).

Actually, I do not see anyone putting any service down, everyone here is just putting their points forward and in that it is highly possible that some of the services will have bad points... and I do not see anything wrong in putting that forward to people...

Like you said (check in bold letters in first para of you quote), only 10 users out of 10 million users found it bad but you also must understand that out of 10 million users 100 might have visited that site and from those 100, many might not have posted any comments and only fraction of the people might have posted the comments....

So it is bit illogical to say from 10 million users only 10 found it bad so we can't call it as a bad company, you should see the no. of users posted bad comments from the total comments present on that site

I have seen godaddy's control panel and some options, I must say that, they have pretty confusing stuff...specially the stats software which is very important, all they provide you is some script which reads the logs file Analog's log file and shows some awful stats....

I must also make a point that, till now my client has not faced any issues with them but it is highly possible that, it is becasue his site had nothing but few static pages and some pages driven my php mysql (no CMS)

So locking of queries and all, issue won't arise here....

Some of the pointers which will give clear idea to the users:

GoDaddy hosting customers victim to massive hack

WHT Thread 1 (check the no. of people saying godaddy is "good")

WHT Thread 2

These are very few users compared to 10 million users but these kind of reviews help a lot to mak decision.

And if you wish to have an accurate product rating, then you will have to ask all 10 million users to rate godaddy...

Hacker said:

Sometimes, it's better if kids stay away from the serious discussion...do you even know what you asked? listing client names here? If a person does not want to list them publically, then it is his choice. PM him and he will provide...why there is any need to ask the same question again? (which was answered in the first page itself)

I request users to be bit sensible enough to post comments, it just looks stupid if users keep on posting illogical stuff because of anger.

Lol Mr Logan a new user with one post or is it Mr Ashish with a different id or maybe someone from mr ashish's company.

:D

:rofl: :rofl: I really don't need to do all that rubbish!! :D Please request some admin to check the IP addresses :D :D or track it out in whatever way he wishes to do.

LOL... whether they're different or the same people, both are clearly from the same company.. have fun ladies, I seriously don't have time for this shit. If I see anything out of line or any BS posted, I will make it a point to voice my opinion... PERIOD. I wish I had the time to read the 2 lengthy posts by you and your buddy because I'd love to reply point-for-point but to me it looks like crap, and I don't respond to crap.

And stop saying Godaddy or any other services suck just because you want to promote your superior services here.

Hacker said:
Lol Mr Logan a new user with one post or is it Mr Ashish with a different id or maybe someone from mr ashish's company.

:D

everyone starts with one post, and like I said earlier, I was reading this thread for sometime and few of the comments made me register in this forum. So if 2 people are saying the same thing, then it does not mean that both are from same company...for god's sake give some better reason and behave like a matured person...

RiO said:
LOL... whether they're different or the same people, both are clearly from the same company.. have fun ladies, I seriously don't have time for this shit. If I see anything out of line or any BS posted, I will make it a point to voice my opinion... PERIOD. I wish I had the time to read the 2 lengthy posts by you and your buddy because I'd love to reply point-for-point but to me it looks like crap, and I don't respond to crap.

And stop saying Godaddy or any other services suck just because you want to promote your superior services here.

lol and that was one of the common excuses I have ever seen for "oh, my boat is sinking", if you do not have time to read the comments of other users, then why do you waste your so called "precious" time in posting your comments also? It just pinched you when I proved that godaddy is not that great as you are saying...

and like you said, you do not have time to read the reply I posted but are you sure you did not read it? lol

I seriously think that you both guys should be ready to accept minus points of the things you are praising...I am not saying that godaddy sucks but it is not as good as you are saying (you would have got idea abut it if you had read so called BS properly)....the links I provided are opinions written by other users and if you think it is BS then I can't help it...because I don't care what you think, my main point is here to know the people reality about the things which other are praising....

So from next time, if you plan to reply, give some better excuse not any BS replies like "I don't have time, you are from his company and all" If you don't have time, then simply be at your place and have fun with whatever you are doing but dont post stupid replies like that here in a healthy discussion

If you have point, prove it, don't act like a kid who gets angry if someone does not agree with him...be bit sensible enough and show some maturity..

Two posts to your name and you expect credit from people around here lol... anyway:

1. I don't remember any of my posts praising godaddy, I corrected the misconception created here by you and ashish who haven't used their service. On the other had, the two of you are comparing a sub-standard service like yours against godaddy and you've probably been running it for a couple weeks at most... sheesh!

2. It appears you and ashishmehta are the same person as you have the same style of replying, or, you're definitely related to each other one way or the other. It also appears that both of you are here with a personal agenda, which is to promote your cheap web hosting services.

3. It peeves me off when people bash another service just to promote theirs without first hand experience.... it's unethical and immature, so don't talk to others about maturity. Keep in mind you've just arrived here, bad reps are not far away if you continue this way.

4. And you haven't proven anything about godaddy... I bet you didn't even know they had over 10 mil users in the first place. That's a huge number, even if you showed me 10,000 negative user comments, it still doesn't substitute first hand experience which you don't have.

5. I'm a kid? I have to prove a point? I don't have to prove anything... you need to, in order to sell your sub-standard service on this website that has a lot of experienced web users.

Great!! I am loving it.... seriously loving the argument...

Okay, let me answer yout points one by one...

1. I am not here to sell or promote any service, I replied just to show people that godaddy is not as good as you are saying, there are many people who are not happy with their hosting service. So just make one thing clear that, I am just giving the right picture to people, nothing else. In my replies I have never promoted or tried to promote anyone's service but I just showed the link where people are giving feedback about godaddy's hosting service.

2. Replied in point one, and not relevent.

3. You are missing the point again, read my reply to point 1. haha About bad reps, lol kiddo, give 10 bad reps to me...haha..bad reps.. kids will never change

4. About knowing that they had 10 million users, YES I did not know about it but why should I know at the first place? lol You are there to track the correct no. of users...If you would have read my reply properly, you would have got what I mean, and what people at ZDNet are saying...what people at WHT are saying...and about my first hand experience...read my reply again, I have used Godaddy hosting service. I have one of my clients hosted on it, so I got to know about their control panel and stats software and all...

5. lol

Man, you're either stupid or arrogant... where are the valid points you keep saying you raised? Since you've come here just for this thread, we know who brought you here and why... turn around and take your trash somewhere else. You guys are still beating around the bush... here's my final statement: godaddy, valueweb, networksolutions > net4domains, thewebartist and your buddy's superior hosting service. You have no ammunition to prove this statement wrong... every hosting service has their advantages and disadvantages, it's always a trade-off between what you want and what you can live without. You can't show 10 or 100 or 1000 comments from unhappy customers to say a service sucks. If you can't understand and agree with this, you have to be stupid AND arrogant.

kiddo, if someone does not agree with you then it does not mean that they are stupid but it proves that you are stupid lol

now about the points saying, godaddy sucks...i had asked you to read my reply properly but you did not because you thought it is BS lol

now i am quoting it again and read it

This is the link to that reply

Quote from the link with text : GoDaddy hosting customers victim to massive hack

Earlier this week I blogged about the case of Turkish hackers defacing a record number of websites. 38,500 sites were defaced in a single day by hacker iSKORPiTX who used an automated mechanism to attack what appeared to be an exploit in a sloppy implementation of ASP code (more than 21,000 sites listed here). But when I dug a little deeper (and courtesy of reader Toadlife's link), it appears that the exact same type of hack by the same hacker using the same exploit may have happened over a year ago to a GoDaddy ASP hosting customer in April of 2005. When I randomly sampled and inspected 40 of the defaced sites in the massive list, nearly everyone one of them were being hosted by GoDaddy hosting services.

If you think it is BS, say this to ZDNet lol (afterall they said Godaddy is not good)

Quote from the WHT thread 1:

Godaddy as a domain registrar is tolerable, and at that only because of the price:feature. But as a host, they're maddening.

- They nickel and dime you to death by charging extra for every little thing that coems standard on other accounts.
- They'll drive you to distraction with their relentless upselling: $9 a month to get cpanel, more to get a fixed IP, more for this, more for htat.
- It can be difficult to get away from them. You change your nameserver, see the change propagate, and mysteriously 12 hours later your domain is once again resolving to the Godaddy server.
- They place odd restrictions on the database permission taht can be assigned to an 'application' user. E.g., the user that your application uses to connect and make changes can't be given global LOCK privileges.
- Their canned scripts are set up in such a way that they have your database captive. E.g., if you install Joomla using their automated installer, you have no way of looking at the database tables for your install.

If you know that all you'll ever need is some basic PHP/PERL scripting and your needs are fabulously simplistic, then the price makes it kind of OK. But otherwise, stay away. They'll make you absolutely crazy.

and you call it a good host lol

Read the thread called WHT thread 2 in the given link, you will know the problems faced on Windows Server.

And now, coming back to the point, someone suggested to go for Godaddy for 10 MB hosting. The person needed 10 MB and the guy suggested 5GIG account lol

For windows 10 MB hosting, Indian hosts should provide the hosting for small amount of MB, ofcourse at the low cost.

First, stop calling me kido without knowing who I am... I have more e-commerce experience than you will ever have in this life. Why don't you and your buddy give us a link to your web hosting service if you're so sure it's superior to others :) Any service is subject to hacking, all a hacker needs is motive and reason... more importantly, I would never sign up for your service because I simply can't trust someone with no business sense and a one-track mind. In fact, I'm highly recommending TE users stay away from your service (while we still wait for a link to you and your buddy's site :D).

And last, the owner of the thread and others who were looking for advice here are probably going with godaddy so move along troll. I have a good mind to publish a guide here about web hosting since many TE members are planning to create some online presence... maybe you'll learn something from my guide if you're still around.

I call you kid not because of your age but the because of the comments you are making without reading anything, you are just trying to continue whatever you are saying without reading comments by other people.

About e-commerce experience, it would be better if you leave that apart because you really don't know who I am and where do I work. so just leave that part apart from the hosting. It is just not related.

About any servvice is subject to hacking, YES I do agree on that but as a hosting company, they should keep their softwares (server side ones ofcourse) updated...

Since you have raised the issue of security, I just checked the php version of the server on my client's site is hosted (it is on godaddy)...

It showed me that it runs on PHP 4.3.11 which is more than a year old and it is just updated version which comes with redhat. Redhat 3 comes with 4.3.10 and the system has automatically updated to the version 4.3.11

Current latest build is 4.4.2 which covers lot of security holes and bugs which are present in PHP 4.3.11 (check the PHP 4.4.1 changelog here) About apache, they are running version 1.3.33 but the latest is 1.3.36, there are many security holes and bugs covered in the latest version. (view the changelog here)

So don't you think it is reponsibility of the server admin to run the latest versions of the software?

About business sense, hmm it is not possible to come to business sense because we have not discussed about any business here, we are discussing about the godaddy hosting company. I hope you have not lost the track here.

About owner of the thread moving to godaddy, it is his choice, and I really don't care much about it but my main point to come here was to let people know how godaddy really is, you have not faced any problems with them because you have not installed lot of stuff on it (the ones mentioned in my earlier reply, in points)

About adding your own hosting guide, that would be great, but before that just make sure that you know the basics of server admin and core of the system.

^ Debate is fine guys, but please stay out of personal attacks against each other! Answer the OP's original poster and nothing more.

@Logan: Would be wise for "new" members to stay out of flaming controversies! :)

@ashishmehta: Wish granted, alternate ID found. Not a wise thing to do! ;)

Thanks Crazy_Eddy for entering into this thread. About staying out of flaming, basically some members made healthy discussion with rude comments. So I had to repond back to them ;)

Anyways, things seem to be cool now. :)

cheers

Crazy_Eddy said:
@ashishmehta: Wish granted, alternate ID found. Not a wise thing to do! ;)
Ya, after sending a message to you guys, I regd with the id of my choice and was about to give up this one, but you guys deleted that one. :p My request is still there. Please change my id to what I want.

As for arguments between Logan and RiO, I have nothing to prove to RiO. :p If RiO says its me with another ID, ok sir, you are right. If he says its someone from my comapany, once again, you are right. Why do I bother to prove anything to you :D

Do you think I take marketing at this place so seriously!! There are many other places with many more members to do this. I came here for offerring 5 free accounts. Saw a few "hosting reqd" posts and joined. Never expected this to go on like this!

Back