VODAFONE 3G Plans are out

raksrules said:
I think the 21 Mbps claims are all fake or say under standard test conditions, like only one user using all the bandwidth, with himself sitting with the tower on his head and all natural conditions like air, weather, wind speed are conducive to the speed to be achieved. :|
did you test reliance 3g with your modem?
i had got this on reliance during their trial period on 10.2mbps phone

1151751671.png

TechHead said:
Voda 3G, at least during the trial period, was only about 5-6MBps down. Not sure whether anyone saw the 21+ speeds?

Did you really mean 5-6 MBps (bytes not bits) which is equivalent to 50 mbps (bits not bytes), I doubt it.
I got 8 mbps (bits not bytes) down during the trial period on my Nokia (N900) which has a hardware limit of 10 mbps down :D

Waiting to signup for the 848/3gb plan which is probably what will suit my usage the best.

Still I have used BSNL,VodafoneIN and Reliance 3G.

All I can say Reliance 3G is best here with speed,good ping and stable connection.

Revolution said:
Still I have used BSNL,VodafoneIN and Reliance 3G.

All I can say Reliance 3G is best here with speed,good ping and stable connection.
Wow..!! Reliance?? Unbelievable. You too from Kolkata?? Then will surely try Reliance.

sarang said:
just called the voda CC. After wasting my 1 Re. (50Pc per 3 min CC call) they tell me I can't have 3G since I have an iPhone. And plans for iPhone n BB are not available yet. What kinda dimwits design these plans? What exactly differentiate the data usage on an android / winmo-winfo/ symbian and ios/bb.

That just kills my day :mad:

Yea the separate plans for iphones are totally ridiculous. Just because iphones are expensive they they think they can rip people off by charging extra! For BB it is understandable as afaik all internet traffic on BB's goes thru RIM's servers and you need a BB account with RIM for the same. BB internet plans on EDGE are currently 499-699 depending on the operator, though i think BSNL offered a 999 plan for 3G.

You could try activating the plan on another phone, and then switching the sim back to your iphone. Anyone knows if this would work?

krishnandu said:
Wow..!! Reliance?? Unbelievable. You too from Kolkata?? Then will surely try Reliance.
I tried all with free promotional or trial offer.
Now I'm back to 2G again because you know every packets of 3G data is more expensive that every drop of human blood.....:mad:

hunt3r said:
Yea the separate plans for iphones are totally ridiculous. Just because iphones are expensive they they think they can rip people off by charging extra! For BB it is understandable as afaik all internet traffic on BB's goes thru RIM's servers and you need a BB account with RIM for the same. BB internet plans on EDGE are currently 499-699 depending on the operator, though i think BSNL offered a 999 plan for 3G.

You could try activating the plan on another phone, and then switching the sim back to your iphone. Anyone knows if this would work?

Some APN settings in iphone would make the regular plans work on it .AFAIK Fah33m is using the same.

^^ I asked vodaphone on twitter and was told that Mobile Internet is for phones. Mobile Broadband is for 3G dongles. Video calling is only available in Mobile Internet. Still retarded naming scheme

krishnandu said:
Hey guys, can anyone tell what's the diff. between Mobile Internet and Mobile Broadband in 3G Plans??
hatter said:
^^ I asked vodaphone on twitter and was told that Mobile Internet is for phones. Mobile Broadband is for 3G dongles. Video calling is only available in Mobile Internet. Still retarded naming scheme

That's pretty weird. :S I hope it's true though, since 500 bucks for 500min+500sms+500mb data usage seems reasonable compared to other plans.

Earlier on I had read Mobile Internet had a 256kbps cap on it while Mobile Broadband didn't have a cap. It would be totally ridiculous if they're providing 3G with a 256kbps cap. :|

any voda user from kolkata checked speeds recently
i took vod mobile internet 100bucks for 100mb plan to check out the speeds
only getting 450kbps with 1100ms latency on mobile speedtest :( :(
as i get 150 to 200 kbps on 2g this is pathetic

I have used APN as www on my Nokia 5800 but I never seem to catch any 3G signal ever. Tried different areas of Mumbai. Has it been fully launched? And yes, I'm using dual-mode in the network settings.

Back