Urgent: Need to buy a Cell for 22k before 17th April. Need your guy's help :)

eggman

Adept
[EDIT]

Finally decided to wait till S3 is announced:

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s3-invite-examined-by-our-experts-and-readers-50007648/

T
hanks everyone for their suggestions:)

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 22-23K. Well actually my pocket won't let me buy anything more than 20k. But I have got a 10% off coupon in eBay and will be using that
happy19.gif

So anything of that range would cost me 20k
tongu23e.gif

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Should be good looking. I like the Xperia series look. Stands apart from the crowd.

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Anything

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Will try to avoid Samsung. Why?

Because I bought Samsung Wave and it malfunctioned after 13 months. Repairing would cost 8k.

I have heard Nokia's built quality is good. I have no Idea about HTC. And before Wave, I used SE mobile ( W810i ) for 4 years. Worked flawlessly.

But I don't know if SE makes phone that good anymore or not.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: 5MP minimum, but 8 MP preferred. 720p Video recording would be enough.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Windows or Android. If it is Windows, it should have a chance to get Windows 8 when it is released. i.e. It should be a top of the line kinda cell. If it's android , then ICS is must.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: Wifi and 3g Must.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, internet and daily usage. I message a lot so it should be easier to type on.

WP doesn't have Swype I guess, so is there any alternative available?

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: It should last for 2 years at least. So a bit future proof. So I guess I should invest in Dual core?

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: I am kinda noob on the cell scenario now, so please help me.Models I have considered :

1) Nokia Lumia 800

The phone I initially intended to buy.It's got a killer look and Fluid UI. But

-> It's on Windows Platform. The future and support are not that strong as Android.

-> No Swype

-> Single Core processor. Not sure if it will last for the future .

-> No front Cam

2) HTC sensation:

Looks good and has good specs. But will it get ICS update? Future proof?

3) SE Experia Arc S

Killer looks and good specs. But will it get ICS update? Future proof?

4) HTC One V

Latest one in the market. Cheap and and comes with ICS out of the box. But Weaker specs.

Now please suggest , if any better alternative is present in the price range.

Will it be wise to save up now and buy Galaxy S3? Are next gen cell coming very soon (like in 1-2 months)and it would be better that I wait?

I have only till 17th April to use the coupon so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would personally go with the lumia 800.but since you got a 10 % coupon why not go for the galaxy note? Should come around 28 k i guess

I know you have listed samsung as a bad service provider,but nokia will charge you similar if you break the screen.lumia is sexy but the note is a beast and totally worth the extra 5 odd k.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

[EDIT]: Ignore please. As the information has changed now.

Isn't this a better offer than this.

The first one has manufacturer's warranty and free stuff . The 2nd one has only Dealer's warranty and no free stuff. Still I see that the 2nd listing has 30 models sold, and the 1st one has only 2. Am I missing something?

Go with the who is providing Manufacturer's warranty, there was yellow tint issue with the initial lot of Xperia S... Reason that he sold only two phones because Xperia S was launched in India on 10th Apr, its been only 3 days !!

Last day..Should I buy Xperia S ?

I'm in love with its looks ..My only doubt is that Is it VFM (I will get for 29k) an will it be future proof for next 2 - 2.5 years!

I know Quad cores are coming soon , but won't dual core be enough for the next few years. Or should I wait for Quad core phones ?

I got the xperia S. Received it as i was typing. After coupon cost me 28k. Got it with 1 yr sony india warranty. Make sure you get the same. Not the non mfg warranty piece.

If you wanna zero in on the phone, lemme know, ill pass on the sellers info..

Else to answer your initial question, if you wanna stay on budget, i would get the Arc S. Or you have the option of S2(i9100 not 9100g) for 26500 - 10% with warranty. Go through the search thoroughly. I found only one seller in that price range selling i9100 models, rest all are 9100G.

Why not the HTC Sensation. good specs, confirmed ICS update, and good dev support at xda so you should get a few updates even after HTC stops updating it. Atrix 2 has very poor dev support and motorola's ICS rollout is also very late.

Also, Snapdragon's in general are very OC friendly, there is a custom kernel on xda for Sensation which has support for upto a 2 Ghz overclock.

Why not the HTC Sensation. good specs, confirmed ICS update, and good dev support at xda so you should get a few updates even after HTC stops updating it. Atrix 2 has very poor dev support and motorola's ICS rollout is also very late.

Also, Snapdragon's in general are very OC friendly, there is a custom kernel on xda for Sensation which has support for upto a 2 Ghz overclock.

^^ exactly .. for 22k at saholic i think it's a gud deal.

I got the xperia S. Received it as i was typing. After coupon cost me 28k. Got it with 1 yr sony india warranty. Make sure you get the same. Not the non mfg warranty piece.

If you wanna zero in on the phone, lemme know, ill pass on the sellers info..

Else to answer your initial question, if you wanna stay on budget, i would get the Arc S. Or you have the option of S2(i9100 not 9100g) for 26500 - 10% with warranty. Go through the search thoroughly. I found only one seller in that price range selling i9100 models, rest all are 9100G.

Check PM.
<

OP, after using the xperia S for 3 odd hrs, here's my share of general banter..

The phones awesome, screen, audio quality and camera quality is top notch. On 12mp though only 4:3 res pics can be taken. im sure this can be altered using their party camera products.

I have used the S2, htc sensation 4G, atrix and the motorolla razr..

off the 4, the htc has the best UI by a mile. Its a joy to use the phone. Every button, every tab is in perfect location and the ui is uber smooth. The only issue i had with it was the camera quality in night and the screen being a normal screen. Also the audio quality and volume on the sen 4G is very low.

The xperia S is new to me, so i guess ill give it sometime. But first impressions seem very very promising.

if you wanna play safe, get the s2, i9100 version, but it always makes sense to get a newer model. If u have a budget constraint at the moment, dont get the atrix2 for sure. The phones not that gr8 and the second value will sky dip in a couple of months.,

In ur budget, get the arc S, has a gr8 screen and camera, but is single core.

Sensation if u can get a 22k listing - 10%

S2 with 26.5 listing - 10%.

Check pm for the Xperia S listing. But he aint the guy i bought it from. D fella's pulled out cause he says the 10% is too much and y sell for 28k when he is easily getting 33k for the phone.

Back