Urgent help required- Ebay transaction- Purchased D5100 twice

thenvk

Adept
Hi,

I have purchased D5100 from a seller on 24th of this month.He was supposed to ship by 29th. Contacted the seller on 25th and he said, it was shipped on 25th. Tracking number was not updated. I sent couple of emails and called 2-3 times. No response. Waited till 28th. On 28th there was a reversal transaction for my CC. I thought the transaction got cancelled.
Purchased the same cam from another seller yesterday. Today I can see the first transaction being debited from my cc.

Now, technically I bought 2 SLR's. Both sellers are not responding to email/call.

Contacted ebay and they said, they can not cancel one of them. Ebay CC also said, though the email said he need to ship by 29th, it is not correct. He is a power seller and said its in power shipment. It can reach me any time.

Contacted my bank, they said they can not cancel and they said they are valid.
Sent emails/messages to both of them through ebay. Any help on what can be done in this case? Does any one have their alternative emails/phone numbers

First guy
http://www.ebay.in/itm/190814184335?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Second guy
http://www.ebay.in/itm/181056733087?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

looking at their listing, I guess these two guys are one and the same.

thanks
vamsi.

I am a bit confused. So the first transaction was reversed to your account and then debited again? If yes, you can ask your bank for an explanation. If it was reversed whats the point in releasing the funds again.

The transaction made was for EMI option in Standard chartered bank. The transaction messages are

1. EBAY INDIA PVT LTD 3EMI MUMBAI IN == 30,879.99 DR
2. 23REVERSAL OF INSTABUY TRANSACTION==30,879.99 CR
3. 23INSTABUY TRANSACTION CR REVSD ==30,879.99 DR

Bank CC guy said, the second one was just a general one, they said it is being converted to EMI. These remarks are really stupid. Does any one understood the second one as being converted to EMI?

eBay issues payments / refunds only on Mondays and Thursdays. When did eBay approve the refund? Did a Monday or Thursday (whichever earlier) complete before this second debit with the note REVSD?

Moreover, if I am not mistaken, you have listed the three transactions in the reverse order, that is, most recent first. If so, is there a possibility (based on the date) that the most recent one is actually on or after your second purchase?

In case of Standard Chartered EMI, the first two transactions are normal. First the actual transaction shows up, and then you see a credit of the same amount once its converted to EMI. If you look at your card details page, you will see a new card called Instabuys xxx and you need to make EMI payments to this card number.

I am not sure about the 3rd transaction though.

Regarding eBay, ideally you should have waited till the deadline and placed the new order only once the refund was initiated by eBay.

eBay issues payments / refunds only on Mondays and Thursdays. When did eBay approve the refund? Did a Monday or Thursday (whichever earlier) complete before this second debit with the note REVSD?

Moreover, if I am not mistaken, you have listed the three transactions in the reverse order, that is, most recent first. If so, is there a possibility (based on the date) that the most recent one is actually on or after your second purchase?
Check the below images

In case of Standard Chartered EMI, the first two transactions are normal. First the actual transaction shows up, and then you see a credit of the same amount once its converted to EMI. If you look at your card details page, you will see a new card called Instabuys xxx and you need to make EMI payments to this card number.

I am not sure about the 3rd transaction though.

Regarding eBay, ideally you should have waited till the deadline and placed the new order only once the refund was initiated by eBay.
This is the first time I am buying using the emi, So not sure.. I will be in big troubles if either of one does not get cancelled.

Check the below images

From the 3rd transaction it looks like they may have cancelled the EMI facility for some reason. You need to check with the bank.

Do you see a Instabuys Classic or some other card in your netbanking portal? Card number starting with 9.

From the 3rd transaction it looks like they may have cancelled the EMI facility for some reason. You need to check with the bank.

Do you see a Instabuys Classic or some other card in your netbanking portal? Card number starting with 9.
No, only a single card is displayed.
Also its 99% confirmed that both the sellers are same. Both from Delhi. Both phone last 5 digits are same. Lot of their items are also same. I wish, he understands the problem and cancels one of the transaction.

I am worried that has lot of negative feedback about D5100.

If nothing else works then try to call the second seller from some other number and then request him to cancel the order and tell him that you are ready to give him some cash (something like 500-1000) for listing expenses and some profit without selling the item.

You are in a mess. Only seller can help u now. As far as bank transaction goes, thst is common procedure wherein bank first debits then credits and debits again in emi format.

Ebay normally sends mail saying refund is approved. At certain times when refund was approved they with held the same after 2 days saying seller objected to it. It was a mess.

Try contacting the seller . Ebay wont help.

How can there be an auto-reversal on the credit to his account? For debiting any transaction from one's account, shouldn't there be a valid debit authority from the account holder? The 3rd transaction feels a bit dodgy to me.

How can there be an auto-reversal on the credit to his account? For debiting any transaction from one's account, shouldn't there be a valid debit authority from the account holder? The 3rd transaction feels a bit dodgy to me.

The first two transactions are normal in case of Standard Chartered. For EMIs they create a new card account and all related transactions show up in that.

From the 3rd, it looks like the EMI option was cancelled by the bank for some reason, which maybe for a totally unrelated reason.

Wonderful.... The first guy shipped it today... :(..
His mobile switched off, His is not responding to email.. still shipped it.

Now your only options are :

1. If the second seller ships it refuse to accept it saying house locked etc. and claim item not received. But if its thru power ship then u would have to accept it.
2. Don't open one of the cameras and file ebay guarantee. Chances of success are not very high.

@thenvk recently a friend bought a Xperia SL from ebay (3 EMIs) and then he realized that he could have saved 2k by using a coupon I had. So he tried to cancel the order but the chennai dealer had already shipped it the same day. 2 days later the order arrived in Pune. Dealer said not to accept it. He sent it back. The dealer cancelled the order after getting back the cell.
But he still had to pay the octroi charges(to the dealer) which were subtracted from his transaction and also the proc. fee for the EMI he took from AXIS Bank(of course to the bank).

See what happens if you dont accept the delivery and send it back. Ask ebay to cancel the 2nd order. You dont be the first to offer some damages. If they ask then and only then you can negotiate. but be ready to pay some overhead cost towards your rush.....
Good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back