Urgent help needed PSP-2003 bricked.

Yesterday night, me & my friend was trying to install custom firmware on his PSP-2003, just when the firmware was being installed, the damn loose battery compartment gave away and battery fell down in the middle of upgrade. Since then PSP refuses to boot, the power LED stays on for sometime, screen stays off and after sometime even the power LED switches off.
On searching various PSP forums, it seems that this particular model won't work with Pandora Battery too, Right now we are stuck with a bricked PSP & need some urgent help. Any idea how to get it back to working stage.

I tried contacting Sony Service, they asked for bill, but this PSP was gifted to him by a friend in UK, so we don't have any bill as such, I tried to explain the situation to CC exec, they are saying no firmware changes are done in service centers, if its under warranty then they replace it with a new one or if we show bill proof for out of warranty products then they are ready to replace it with a new one for 50% price.

Going service center way is our last option now, since Bangalore is just a 4hr drive from our town, if someone can guide us to some PSP service guys in Bangalore, we can go to them directly & if something can be done with it at home itself then we are more than happy.

Help!!!!!!!

open ur psp, check mobo version if its other than ta-88v3 then u can use pandora battery to unbrick it. if its ta-88v3 then no luck. service center will not accept imported/other regoin bought psp even with bill.

aman147 said:
open ur psp, check mobo version if its other than ta-88v3 then u can use pandora battery to unbrick it. if its ta-88v3 then no luck. service center will not accept imported/other regoin bought psp even with bill.

Still searching for a pandora Battery, availability seems an issue. In the meanwhile I contacted Sony India Service and I explained the situation that I haven't got any bill/box or any purchase proof, they agreed to check the PSP & if it isn't serviceable then they offered me a PSP 300x at 70% discount. Since the psp is not mine, I left that option to my friend.

Back