Urgent Blood required for my dad - Type A or Type AB. Call me at 9840613069

Sourav

Adept
Hey guys!

If anyone of you has any of the following blood types - A+, A-, AB+, AB-, Please respond ASAP. Blood is required in Chennai, at Apollo Speciality Hospitals. It is for my dad. He is undergoing Bone Marrow Transplant for 3rd stage Bone Cancer(Multiple Myeloma) .

Please call me at 9840613069/9940123666/044-45145706 anytime. It's very urgent.

Thanks in advance people :)

Wish I could help you since mine is AB+. But i am too far away. Do check the link raks posted. i will still ask my friends in chennai to help you out.

Sorry to hear about your father, I sincerely pray to God to cure him soon. I am of your type but i am NE :(
Hope you get blood soon

Thanks for the reply guys. Please inform your friends/relatives, in case they happen to be in Chennai, about this requirement.

Sorry to hear abt ur dad, I'm not in chennai ryt now.. I'll b arriving at chennai on tuesday morning, is tat ok for u? My blood type is A+...

^^ Yes sir, that is absolutely okay! Many thanks to you :) I shall contact you on Tuesday afternoon or whenever you are free. Thank you again, kind sir :)

Best wishes for your dad... I am sorry I cannot help you as my blood is B+ and not in chennai... Neyways Best of Luck and hope ur dad gets well soon...

Sourav said:
^^ Yes sir, that is absolutely okay! Many thanks to you :) I shall contact you on Tuesday afternoon or whenever you are free. Thank you again, kind sir :)
I was plannin on visiting blood bank(Stanley hosp.) by nex week to unload some red stuff, glad u posted now... :eek:hyeah:

wish your father a very speedy recovery.

My blood group is AB+ve but cant help you out from Surat. :(

^^ Thanks anyways Doc :) You responded and replied, and that's much appreciated. Deep regards and heart-felt thanks go out to all those who responded to my posts here. Thank you all. It is YOU who makes the world go around :)

You guys know what? I have posted a similar request such as this one on another very well known forum about cars and bikes with a huge-huge member base. So far, it has had 91 views, but not even one response! Not even one! I wonder what has happened to the world where people can't even respond to donating blood. And it's not even donating blood, strictly speaking. All the blood is actually returned back to the donor then and there. It's just the platelets that are extracted from the blood sample. Sheesh. Not even one response. Unbelievable.

Thanks again TE and all you guys out there. You guys are the best :hap2:

I have circulated this to my contacts, I sent your contact numbers as well. i hope its not a concern though.

My best wishes for your dad's speedy recovery. God bless him

@Meg@M!nd - My dad is at the Apollo Specialty Hospital, at Teynampet on Cenotaph Road. Near Capgemini office. I have your number saved up, so please don't worry. I will get in touch with you on Tuesday :). Thanks again for your amazing support and response.

@CA50 - No issues my friend :) I too have the same posted on FB on my profile, my wife's and a few close friends as well. Spread the word if you can. All day long we searched, and so far we have come up with 4 donors :(. And the doctors want at least 6-8 donors from whom the platelets can be harvested.

Just an FYI to anyone who might be reading this. More information about this Plateletpherisis. This is not your regular blood donation. Your blood will be returned to you then and there, back into your body :). The idea is, that blood from a healthy donor is taken and then fed into a centrifuge. The platelets are extracted from the blood and your precious blood is fed back into your system then and there from the machine. The harvested platelets will then be used to spruce up my dad's immune system. This is because his immune system at the moment is non-existent. As a last resort to cure his bone cancer, the bone marrow in dad's bones has been killed off, and fresh marrow needs to be re-grown. Since this re-growing process takes a lot of time, this is the period when the body is left without any immunity. So doctors harvest fresh platelets from healthy donors and keep it ready, so when the platelet count in dad's bloodstream goes south, they can inject it and re-affirm the immunity to a certain extent.

I've told my A+ friend in Chennai, to go and also to forward it to friends there. I've given him the details.

Hope your Dad gets a speedy recovery.

Back