CPU/Mobo Upgraded my pc! A few queries

paraman

Adept
Was looking to upgrade for quite some time. Finally took the plunge.

So out went:
E6300
MSI P965 mobo
Transcend RAM
Zebronics 7600GT
Samsung 740N
And in came:
AMD X3 720BE
Gigabyte MA78GPM-DS2H
Corsair 2x2gb 800mhz RAM
MSI 4850 521mb
Samsung 2233SW

Took some screenshots under Vista SP1 and there are a few doubts.

All screenshots taken at default core and memory speeds. No overclocking done as yet.

1. CPUZ screenie shows core speed only 803mhz, why?

2. In memory tab of CPUZ DC Mode is 'unganged'. What is this? In BIOS there is an option to set it to 'ganged'. Which one is better?

3. GPUZ shows correct clock and memory speeds while Catalyst CC shows lower clock and memory speed. Which one is correct?

4. Windows Performance Index is unable to determine the score. Even after refreshing same screen appears. Why?

5. 3DMark vantage screenie is here. Is the score ok or less than what it should be?

Awaiting your replies!

1. Because of AMD Cool N QUite , which reduce CPU multiplier to save power..

2. Ungaged is 64 x 2 bits and gaged is 128 x1 bits

4. Yea it happens with me to sometimes :p

Congrats on the purchase :) Wise upgrade :) try unlocking the CPU 4th core by enabling ACC from BIOS :)

3. CCC shows low clocks only when GPU is Idle or not in use. its normal & is due to powerplay Technology..

5. nice score there..

2. > In ganged mode you can get access all cores to 100% of the ram(dual channel). it uses 1x128bit dual channel
> Unganged mode gets access to single stick of ram(single channel). unganged is 2x64 bit dual channel

for multi threaded benchmarks you need to be in unganged mode, this is the fastest way of running the system..:)

CCC downclocks the gfx card when it is idle to save energy.It is known as powerplay

ATI PowerPlayâ„¢ technology is designed to enable power saving profiles that help reduce power consumption when the GPU is idle or in minimal use in comparison to previous AMD products. This dynamic power management enables the GPU to automatically adjust power between low, medium and high states for a tremendous power efficiency advantage. For example, when receiving and composing emails little demand is on the GPU and it runs in a low state, whereas when gaming, there is high demand on the graphics engine and the GPU runs in a high state.

Since the GPU consumes less power it also produces less heat ultimately contributing to reduced system temperatures and fan noise delivering consistent performance levels for a seamless user experience.

try unlocking the CPU 4th core by enabling ACC from BIOS

The BIOS doesnt seem to have that option. Looked everywhere but didnt find it :(

@ H@cKer & muzux2
Thanks for your replies. Cleared my confusion about incorrect speeds.

paraman said:
The BIOS doesnt seem to have that option. Looked everywhere but didnt find it :(

@ H@cKer & muzux2

Thanks for your replies. Cleared my confusion about incorrect speeds.

ACC is only on 790GX mobo's dude you have 780G based mobo..

Back