Unknown charges getting deducted on Vodafone BB Plan

honest1

Adept
Hi,
My friend has Vodafone prepaid Blackberry 399 plan(Mumbai Circle) which offers free BB, emails and browsing. Suddenly on one fine day, he started getting message that xx amount is deducted, XX MB used. There are around 7-8 deductions happening during the period. Even if he doesnt use the browser, the charges are getting deducted.
There is no consistency for the charges and it ranges from few paisa to 10 Rs.
I have checked his TCP/IP settings and nothing was checked there. Called Vodafone CC which as usual was unaware about this and told that the new version of Whatsapp is causing the issue/some application is using the data, etc.

Can someone help in identifying the issue?

Shoot your query on Vodafone twitter handle with ur num...they will call u...these guys are much better than CC ppl.
My query has been resolved many times.

I guess only access through the Blackberry APN is unlimited and free. Some applications try to use the normal GPRS APN ie www in case of Vodafone. So unless you have a normal GPRS plan as well, you will be charged at 10ps/10kb or similar rate.

Even on BSNL, I get notifications sometimes saying some data was transferred through the non-blackberry APN but most of the time its just few paise so I never bothered.

Friend had the same problem with her BB Torch. Calling the CC didn't help as they didn't have a solution for this. They just kept repeating that your Vodafone Live is activated and talk like dumb people.
Just as she was going to switch to Airtel, the deductions stopped.

I would advise you to Switch to some other provider.

My friend also has this problem, the vodafone cc said its because of whatsapp. So whatsapp is using the normal apn instead of the bb apn or something.
The problem didnt get solved, my friend just leaves 0 balance so that nothing can be cut.

Back