UMI X2 | 5" 1080p | 1.2 GHz quad | 2 GB RAM | 4.2 Jelly Bean | Rs. 14,000

@comp@ddict, Their warranty is next to nothing, but buying $160 mobiles from china is also a risk as they may come broken in the shipping and customs is also increased.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did mention 3 months "REPLACEMENT" warranty.

That counts?
Yes, but they don't have a single service centre nor they have a tie up with any 3rd party service providers and not a single single shop, in fact their website doesn't even list any postal address

Guys I have completed the full form & completed payment, but it finally asked for Bank Deposit but doesn't mention Account details of the person.
Anybody can tell, how to make payment for this ???
& to whom ???

Wait for it. Even Micromax has halted shipments of Canvas HD. It's the unavailability of the Mediatek MT 6589 quad core chipset due to humongous demand for the same.

@comp@ddict, yes, I agree with you and it'd be good if they also give the demo (review) piece to iGyaan.in, Somehow people are talking of giving it to gogi.in (never heard about it), Do you know anything about them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like another dissapointment after the A116 from Micromax, haven't seen any reviews or reports of this phone being actually available:mad: .
Guess I will have to finally go with the Samsung Galaxy Grand :(

Looks like another dissapointment after the A116 from Micromax, haven't seen any reviews or reports of this phone being actually available:mad: .
Guess I will have to finally go with the Samsung Galaxy Grand :(

If an HD screen isn't extremely important to you, look at the Xolo q800. It has the same specs as the Canvas HD, minus the 720p screen and actually runs games better because of the lower resolution. PPI-wise they're quite close from what I read. It's also around 1.5k cheaper and while sold out in a few online stores, you might get lucky at a retail shop. My friend just bought one from Poorvika in Chennai and is happy with it so far.

IMO, it's a better buy than the Galaxy Grand - faster for a little more than half the price.

Just saw this on another site today. Hope there are no quality control issues with this phone. Specifications look too good to be true at its price point. If they manage to get good tie-ups with local service centers, I don't see a reason why it won't sell well. Maybe the Chinese name could be a deterrent since people associate Chinese stuff with being sub-standard automatically. Most people don't know/realise that all Micromax, Spice and Karbonn smartphones are rebranded versions of Chinese OEM handsets.

Just checked below my every electronic gadgets etc I am holding right now, from watch, keyboard, mouse, monitor, music player, cell phone, landline phone, tablet, travelling bag, water bottle, tiffin ................... everything is made in CHINA :(

Back