Budget 31-40k Trying to go for budget build with RX 5600 XT

Any idea how to update?

Any idea how to update it? I'm not seeing much resources available on internet for Asrock
1) Google it or contact asrock and check. Check support page of latest gpus from asrock, can you find bios for them ? I could not for a random 6600 from asrock. if they are not there in support/download, then asrock has changed the process to update bios.
2) Does Asrock tweaker have any option to update bios ?
3) Do you face any issues ? Updating bios may have some risks and this gpu does not have dual bios. I have done this twice ( 3080 and 5600xt ) and not had any issue, but its something to be aware about. For 5600xt, i updated it within return window.
4) Its best to get the bios update from asrock itself for your gpu, but if you cant get it and want to update, then i can share it. This is the gpu that i own.

1) Google it or contact asrock and check. Check support page of latest gpus from asrock, can you find bios for them ? I could not for a random 6600 from asrock. if they are not there in support/download, then asrock has changed the process to update bios.
2) Does Asrock tweaker have any option to update bios ?
3) Do you face any issues ? Updating bios may have some risks and this gpu does not have dual bios. I have done this twice ( 3080 and 5600xt ) and not had any issue, but its something to be aware about. For 5600xt, i updated it within return window.
4) Its best to get the bios update from asrock itself for your gpu, but if you cant get it and want to update, then i can share it. This is the gpu that i own.
Yes mine is same as yours.
I can't find any details for bios in Asrock might have to contact them.

Fo high end games like tekken 8 gpu does seems to crash when undervolting to ~890

I can't find any details for bios in Asrock might have to contact them.
ok, do that. If needed, let me know and ill upload what i have.

Fo high end games like tekken 8 gpu does seems to crash when undervolting to ~890
Maybe first see if stock is stable before looking at uv.
Each gpu will have its own limits. Just increase voltage if something crashes or decrease clocks. Google for tips on how to undervolt.

Also search over internet too and see what problems people faced initially when 5600xt launched. They had increased vram clocks at the last minute to compete with 2060 and it wasn't stable for few months until new bios. You can also ask asrock on why they ship with old bios.

Finally, before flashing update - you can take a backup of current bios from gpu-z. I havent looked at it much, but since option was there i took backup. Did not need as update went smoothly.

ok, do that. If needed, let me know and ill upload what i have.

Maybe first see if stock is stable before looking at uv.
Each gpu will have its own limits. Just increase voltage if something crashes or decrease clocks. Google for tips on how to undervolt.

Also search over internet too and see what problems people faced initially when 5600xt launched. They had increased vram clocks at the last minute to compete with 2060 and it wasn't stable for few months until new bios. You can also ask asrock on why they ship with old bios.

Finally, before flashing update - you can take a backup of current bios from gpu-z. I havent looked at it much, but since option was there i took backup. Did not need as update went smoothly.
Hi,
So the Asrock team today shared with me the bios L09.

Do I just have to run the executable to update? Because I can't find any guide for Asrock.

Hi,
So the Asrock team today shared with me the bios L09.

Do I just have to run the executable to update? Because I can't find any guide for Asrock.
Why is it not publicly available ?
In my case, it is a zip file with 2 files - cmd and exe. I ran the cmd without root access, it will ask for permission which i gave and thats it. At first i had tried to run it as root using an elevated cmd shell but that did not work.

So simply - just ran the bat file and gave permission. It was over quickly.

Why is it not publicly available ?
In my case, it is a zip file with 2 files - cmd and exe. I ran the cmd without root access, it will ask for permission which i gave and thats it. At first i had tried to run it as root using an elevated cmd shell but that did not work.

So simply - just ran the bat file and gave permission. It was over quickly.
Ok so it was just exe file to run.

I first did a backup of old driver from GPUz then ran it and it went smooth.

Got update to L09, base clock increased to 1820 and is stable at ~940V (crashed at 920) with tomb Raider.

One impressive thing though me temps went down by atleast 12-15 degrees. Had rise of tomb Raider running at 72 before update now it goes around 58-60

One impressive thing though me temps went down by atleast 12-15 degrees. Had rise of tomb Raider running at 72 before update now it goes around 58-60
yes, base core voltage is 1049 - so we can undervolt + increase clock - more perf and lower heat. Best formula for tuning for both cpu and gpu.
You can test it with something like furmark too which caused crashes for what seemed stable initially. I used that and superposition + games.

This card now is clock limited. We have more cv to spare but bios doesn't allow past 1820. There are mod bios out there - but i wouldn't bother with it. Not worth the risk as we don't have dual bios and could end up with a bricked card for small gains. Enjoy the card instead. There is also VRAM that we oc, but for me even a 50Mhz bump was not holding, so i kept it at base ( 1750)

I am running this card at clocks optimized for 800mv ( around 1590-1600). Temps at low 60s, power limit at 110W, did custom fan curve too to keep it quiet. Only loses 8% perf vs 1820 in superposition.

Got update to L09, base clock increased to 1820 and is stable at ~940V (crashed at 920) with tomb Raider.

With L08, config i have is
1049 cvoltage, core clock 1750, memory 1750, Powerlimit = 160w. Max clock - 1820 after OC.

Can you confirm whether you can increase clocks beyond 1820 in L09 ?

Last edited:
yes, base core voltage is 1049 - so we can undervolt + increase clock - more perf and lower heat. Best formula for tuning for both cpu and gpu.
You can test it with something like furmark too which caused crashes for what seemed stable initially. I used that and superposition + games.

This card now is clock limited. We have more cv to spare but bios doesn't allow past 1820. There are mod bios out there - but i wouldn't bother with it. Not worth the risk as we don't have dual bios and could end up with a bricked card for small gains. Enjoy the card instead. There is also VRAM that we oc, but for me even a 50Mhz bump was not holding, so i kept it at base ( 1750)

I am running this card at clocks optimized for 800mv ( around 1590-1600). Temps at low 60s, power limit at 110W, did custom fan curve too to keep it quiet. Only loses 8% perf vs 1820 in superposition.

With L08, config i have is
1049 cvoltage, core clock 1750, memory 1750, Powerlimit = 160w. Max clock - 1820 after OC.

Can you confirm whether you can increase clocks beyond 1820 in L09 ?
1820 is maxed I tried putting 1900 but it went down to 1820

Need to buy a budget card for video encoding , rendering and 3d , saw this 5600 xt come up. Is this still a good buy to use with i7-4770 currently and later on with a 5600.

Last edited:
Need to buy a budget card for video encoding , rendering and 3d , saw this 5600 xt come up. Is this still a good buy to use with i7-4770 currently and later on with a 5600.
Typically nvidia cards are supposed to be better for productivity work.

This also only has 6gb vram which can be an issue. A used 6600 might be a better buy for many instead.
3300x/3600x seem like a good pair for it. i tested it with 3300x and did not have cpu bottlenecks at 1080p. No idea about 4770, it seems too old for new games.
That's for games, no idea for work.

Typically nvidia cards are supposed to be better for productivity work.

This also only has 6gb vram which can be an issue. A used 6600 might be a better buy for many instead.
3300x/3600x seem like a good pair for it. i tested it with 3300x and did not have cpu bottlenecks at 1080p. No idea about 4770, it seems too old for new games.
That's for games, no idea for work.
I got the same card delivered yesterday from Vedant. Manufacturing date is Nov 2023 and it comes with the old 2019 Bios. So it seems like it would need a bios update. @faraz75 @Tracer_Bullet which version is better as I see you both are using different versions L08 and L09 . Any recommendations , I guess if I reach out to support they will share L09 only.

I got the same card delivered yesterday from Vedant. Manufacturing date is Nov 2023 and it comes with the old 2019 Bios. So it seems like it would need a bios update. @faraz75 @Tracer_Bullet which version is better as I see you both are using different versions L08 and L09 . Any recommendations , I guess if I reach out to support they will share L09 only.
L08 was ok when i tested but i havent dont too much stuff on that card. Probably best to get it officially anyway, so unless he is facing issue with L09, go for that.

L08 was ok when i tested but i havent dont too much stuff on that card. Probably best to get it officially anyway, so unless he is facing issue with L09, go for that.
Thanks will email them and ask when I decide to upgrade as of now the original old bios is running fine , with temperatures below 60 degrees while playing games and usage.

Back