Budget 31-40k Trying to go for budget build with RX 5600 XT

faraz75

Recruit

Attachments

• pcpricetrackerbuild.png
    pcpricetrackerbuild.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 99
PCPriceTracker Build

Some room for savings in the cabinet mainly, switched to Ryzen for a better 6 core processor.
I would say OP's choice on the psu is better as its only rs 500 more but comes with a 80+ bronze rating, also they could go with the ryzen 5 3600 if they can get it for cheaper than the 5500 as they perform basically the same.

I made a similar build. It costed me 37k. Although the GPU was used but under warranty, for 10k.

My specs :
i3 12100f
Asus prime h610m e d4 mobo
Hyperx 3200mhz 8gb 2 sticks ram
Asus Radeon rx6600
Deepcool Matrexx 40 3FS cabinet
WD sn570 500gb
CM mwe 550w psu

When did you buy it?

My build costed me 43,900 in total
I made a similar build. It costed me 37k. Although the GPU was used but under warranty, for 10k.

My specs :
i3 12100f
Asus prime h610m e d4 mobo
Hyperx 3200mhz 8gb 2 sticks ram
Asus Radeon rx6600
Deepcool Matrexx 40 3FS cabinet
WD sn570 500gb
CM mwe 550w psu

Thank you for input guys but a bit late.
I went with my posted build and it costed me 43,900.

Now the antec case has 3 front fans but no exhaust fan. Should I get exhaust fan? If so how many? I'm thinking about positive since it is better against dust.

Currently while playing tekken 8 my gpu went 76 degrees highest

When did you buy it?

My build costed me 43,900 in total
1 month ago
Thank you for input guys but a bit late.
I went with my posted build and it costed me 43,900.

Now the antec case has 3 front fans but no exhaust fan. Should I get exhaust fan? If so how many? I'm thinking about positive since it is better against dust.

Yes, add a fan or two for sure. My temps never cross 70 degrees.

If this is 5600xt
1) You can look at updating the bios if its old. I had bought from mdcomputers and it came with older bios which were known to be unstable. Double check it, but this was the link that i had saved
Follow the instructions, it should ask for permissions.
Bios version i used
L08 2020/3/23 1.10MB Windows®How to Update Support 14Gbps memory speed

2) These things have very high default voltage. Its very easy to undervolt this and get same performance with lower power usage. With PowerLimits/core voltage/fan curve, we can get to whatever sweet spot we want in temps/fan noise/performance.
In my case, there is only light gaming, i use PL 110w + 1575 core 800 cv. This gives me 5-6% lower than stock performance and it runs cool and quiet.. Stock clocks i think you can test 900mv and lower vs 1000 or so by default on latest bios.
Best i could do without modded bios - PL+0 + 900mv + 1820 core runs 10% faster than stock. In my unit, memory overclock did not work well and i left it at stock.
Stock power usage was 135w in old bios and i think around 160w with latest bios.

Last edited:
If this is 5600xt
1) You can look at updating the bios if its old. I had bought from mdcomputers and it came with older bios which were known to be unstable.
2) These things have very high default voltage. Its very easy to undervolt this and get same performance with lower power usage. With PowerLimits/core voltage/fan curve, we can get to whatever sweet spot we want in temps/fan noise/performance.
In my case, there is only light gaming, i use PL 110w + 1575 core 800 cv. This gives me 5-6% lower than stock performance and it runs cool and quiet.. Stock clocks i think you can test 900mv and lower vs 1000 or so by default on latest bios.
Best i could do without modded bios - PL+0 + 900mv + 1820 core runs 10% faster than stock. In my unit, memory overclock did not work well and i left it at stock.
Stock power usage was 135w in old bios and i think around 160w with latest bios.
Yes it is Asrock 5600 XT

I would say OP's choice on the psu is better as its only rs 500 more but comes with a 80+ bronze rating, also they could go with the ryzen 5 3600 if they can get it for cheaper than the 5500 as they perform basically the same.
Yes I pulled out PSU from psucultist list and it was C tier. Same for mobo

If the temps are not very high, then just move one of the front fans to the back and be done with it. Anything below 80 degrees is perfectly acceptable.

If not, go for deepcool fan. If you want something cheaper, check fourdot fans on Amazon.

If this is 5600xt
1) You can look at updating the bios if its old. I had bought from mdcomputers and it came with older bios which were known to be unstable. Double check it, but this was the link that i had saved
Follow the instructions, it should ask for permissions.
Bios version i used
L08 2020/3/23 1.10MB Windows®How to Update Support 14Gbps memory speed

The link is downloading Asrock tweaker

Corsair AF120​

Cooler Master Sickleflow 120​

DEEPCOOL RF120 FS​

Which one do you guys recommend? For cooler master I'm seeing high noise in reviews

The link is downloading Asrock tweaker
Dunno, seems they removed direct link. Perhaps they support it through tweaker or some other tool. I see there is no direct bios for 6600 too, so maybe they changed how bios is distributed.

Few months back, i had direct bios links available and just had to run a batch script. Out of box, i had a late 2019 bios and latest one was march 2020 as per AMD driver, listed as L08 in Asrock site.
If the gpu is stable for you, then probably not needed. I wasn't sure and there are lots of complaints that early bios was buggy so i updated to latest one. New bios also increases power limits and clock limits and should have more stable vram.

Just for reference, bios date as per AMD driver GUI.

After-AMDHwDetails.PNG

Dunno, seems they removed direct link. Perhaps they support it through tweaker or some other tool. I see there is no direct bios for 6600 too, so maybe they changed how bios is distributed.

Few months back, i had direct bios links available and just had to run a batch script. Out of box, i had a late 2019 bios and latest one was march 2020 as per AMD driver, listed as L08 in Asrock site.
If the gpu is stable for you, then probably not needed. I wasn't sure and there are lots of complaints that early bios was buggy so i updated to latest one. New bios also increases power limits and clock limits and should have more stable vram.

Just for reference, bios date as per AMD driver GUI.

View attachment 194002
Mine says 2019/12/31 02:39

Back