Transcend HDD : 500GB @ 5950 Rs ,320 gb @ 3550 Rs, 250gb @ 3175 Rs

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ You haven't mentioned another Rs 25 in terms of cash deposit. (well most buyer's use that option :D)

So turns out to be -

1. 160 GB : Rs 2925 - Shipped
  2. 250 GB : Rs 3375 - Shipped
  3. 320 GB : Rs 3850 - Shipped
  4. 500 GB : Rs 6500 - Shipped
Decent prices. :D

Please put me down for 1 unit of 500GB Transcend portable 2.5 inch HDD. Please PM me your bank a/c details for money transfer.

Received the 500GB portable HDD today. Packing was good. Tested the drive. It's working fine. It seems faster compared to other portable drives I've tested and it's silent :hap2:.

My old 320GB 3.5 inch Hitachi external HDDs seem so cumbersome to use now :p.

My impressions on the rubberized silicone casing are

Advantages:

1. If one drops the drive, the casing will not crack(except if it unluckily falls on the front plastic edge).

2. The rubber offers some shock absorption so the chance of the drive conking off when dropped is reduced.

Disadvantages:

1. It smells a little out of the box (but that goes away :)).

2. It's a bit of a dust magnet. Kinda like the Corsair USB drives. But the protection is worth it.

I've reformatted the drive with NTFS, created a 465GB TrueCrypt container file and am storing data into it. I'm pleased with the performance.

Hi media home, could you provide the Sata 2.5" transcend casing??kind of finding it hard to source in my town. sending you a pm . and waht will be the cost including shipping???:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back