Tourist place in Vizag

ashu

Disciple
Hi Guys,
I am going to visit Vizag in next week. Please suggest me some good tourist places, I may stay for a day there.
Thanks in advance.

Hi! I am from Vizag,
You will need 2-3 days to cover Vizag and its Famed Arruku Valley and Borra Caves.
You can check out Kailash Hills, Rishikonda beach, Submarine Museum.

Hi..I lived in vizag in the year of 1996 to 2001... I know few best place..
and i hope you kinda like it to visit their for sure...

1. INS Kurusura Submarine Museum

2. Yarada Beach

3. Dolphin's Nose

4. Rishikonda Beach

5. Ross Hill Church

6. Sri Venkateswara Temple

7. Rama Krishna Beach

8. Visakhapatnam Zoo

9. Katiki Falls

Remember.. It can't be possible for you to visit all place in one day....So please choose wisely...

Hope you will visit most of the place at one day....Best of luck....I wanna see my naval park area... Hope the day will come soon for me to visit VIZAG...

Mod edit: Please do not overuse smileys in a post (15!). The post will be trashed and you will receive infractions henceforth. Read the rules and familiarise yourself.

Sorry...MOD...

Last edited:
Which of the best I can target? I am having one evening and other day first half.
My mom, dad with me, they like to visit temples, so suggest accordingly.
Also what are the food items can I try there?

I am also visiting Vizag on 15,16,17. Can you guys suggest some good hotels etc, Girls will be also with us, so need some suggestions before going, Will go by train from Hyderabad.

Last edited:
Which of the best I can target? I am having one evening and other day first half.
My mom, dad with me, they like to visit temples, so suggest accordingly.

Well in that case, You can visit
1. Borra Caves

2. Araku Valley

3. Bheemli Beach (Bheemunipatnam Beach)

4. War Memorial ( Known as Victory at Sea )

5. Sri Venkateswara Temple

6. Ross Hill Church

It's the max you can go for it...

Also what are the food items can I try there?

1. Rustic chicken curry

2. VEG - NON VEG Biryani

I'm a non vegetarian, So if you are a vegetarian, My apology to you by mentioning NOV veg items.[DOUBLEPOST=1376098948][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you guys suggest some good hotels etc

Budget please...

Well in that case, You can visit
1. Borra Caves

2. Araku Valley

3. Bheemli Beach (Bheemunipatnam Beach)

4. War Memorial ( Known as Victory at Sea )

5. Sri Venkateswara Temple

6. Ross Hill Church

It's the max you can go for it...

1. Rustic chicken curry

2. VEG - NON VEG Biryani

I'm a non vegetarian, So if you are a vegetarian, My apology to you by mentioning NOV veg items.[DOUBLEPOST=1376098948][/DOUBLEPOST]

Budget please...
No worries, I am non vegetarian :D
Thanks all for your suggestions

Umm, its havent decided yet :meh: but not looking for very expensive or very cheap hotels, should be in that range, I know I sound bit vague but thats my condition now, if you know some hotels plz suggest . Another thing is lady friends are also coming so that should be also kept in mind.

Will reach on 15th early morning by train, so actually looking for some hotels nearby or not very far from station.

Umm, its havent decided yet :meh: but not looking for very expensive or very cheap hotels, should be in that range, I know I sound bit vague but thats my condition now, if you know some hotels plz suggest . Another thing is lady friends are also coming so that should be also kept in mind.

Will reach on 15th early morning by train, so actually looking for some hotels nearby or not very far from station.

Try this two HOTEL, Online booking available.

1. Hotel Akshaya - http://www.hotelpushpak.com/reservation_basic_info_new2.php?hotel_id=2112

2. Hotel Kinnera Comforts - http://www.hotelpushpak.com/reservation_basic_info_new2.php?hotel_id=2115

Thanks a lot, I need a bit more information.
IS there anyway to goto Araku from Vskp by bus and come back? If its there how and from where I can get the information for booking, timings etc ?

And for booking for train,can it be done in advance ?

You can call and book using aptourism, they arrange everything, for going to Arruku,
Morning 6 PM Personal Reserved Coach via train and then local sight seeing and then lunch, tea, and them back to city via Bus.

Borra Caves would take up your entire day .. (Daylight hours)..

Know anyone in the Indian Navy .. you might get to enter the Naval Docks.

All of my maternal family belong to Vizag/Waltair/Vishakhapatnam and over the years in total I've strayed there for over 2 years.

So here are my recommendations -
1. Borra Caves.
2. The War Memorial.
3. The Buddhist excavations on top of a wonderful hill.
4. Araku - Minimum one-2 days spent here will be nice.
5. Simachalam.

That'll be it for you.

If you're looking for beaches recommendation, my favourite is Rhishikonda and Ramakrishna.

@ashu
If you are willing to visit temples mostly, here are some.

1. Simhachalam(Must visit if you come to Visakhapatnam)
2. Kaali Maatha Temple at RK beach.
3. Sai baba Temple at Waltair
4. Another Sai Baba temple at Seethammadhara
Food: Just order whatever you like if you are from Andhra Pradesh. Most of the items are same throughout AP.[DOUBLEPOST=1377949695][/DOUBLEPOST]@ashu --> You must have been caught up in rain here. Right?

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I visited Vizag on last saturday, returned on monday. Sorry due to work could not replied here. I visited Rishikonda Beach, Ramnaidu film studio, Kailasgiri, Vuda park, Submarine, RamKrishna Beach also gave visit to fish market on sunday. Really liked the veg-thali there with variety of vegetables.
@mojo: did not caught up with rain, though it was raining hard on sunday night.
Really had a great time with family... :)

Back