PC Peripherals Tips for safe hardware shopping

panky.killer

Disciple
Sep 29, 2009
Mumbai
mahavir electronics is good when ur good buyer of his he wil give u good products and good prize too

and another once prime agbg he haves what market dnt have. visit his place gezmo stuff wil be there. his daily trun over is around 1core other stores IN LR for month .

Faulty or who makes u fool is

MAC IT solution and 2-3 r there i will tel there name never shop them coz they where try 2 fool ppl

bharat pc

Recruit
Nov 9, 2009
Anyways, any proof that prompt computers sell duplicate items or cheated any customer

we are into this business form last five to six years we have not recived any complaint

can we know how we have cheated any customer.

panky.killer

Disciple
Sep 29, 2009
Mumbai
ggt said:
The one mahavir electronics i mentioned is the same you are talking. On second thoughts i think he would be giving the challan because it was an oem drive. So sony service center wont take it as happened to me when my sony dvd writer went bad. Anyways am about to buy a new dvd writer which shop would you people recommend. Should be giving the best price otherwise i might buy it locally here it sells around 1.2k.

try mahavir electronics for it and it wil around 1.2k here to @ LR
I hate casstel world tat guy had big attitude problem :mad:

Aug 29, 2009
Hey im with bharat on this one. I have bought stuff from Prompt since the last 4 yrs and have never faced any problems. Infact i think they r quiet helpful to noobs in terms of service or advice. Cassette world too has been around since ages and i don't remember anyone complaining about them.

Does the guy who created this post have any proof?? Have you been cheated by anyone yourself or you just decided to create a post on a lazy Sunday?

ps: i am simply a customer and i don't have any personal connection with any of these stores but i am a businessman myself and i can clearly see the damage that can be caused by such reckless posts.....

Moderators should look into this very seriously

panky.killer

Disciple
Sep 29, 2009
Mumbai
casste world

I have very much bad experience with it , i had bought intel D 2.8 with some other stuff and when he made the bill without the processor bill. and was giving bullshit reason for nt giving bill like vat has to be added and other stuff if u want proof i can give u the bill and challan for the same and u kne grey market stuff also there IN LR.

so

i made fool for myself and i own comapny for the hardware and networking stuff so i knw half of the store owners over there .

panky.killer

Disciple
Sep 29, 2009
Mumbai
1s Point. when every u goes to his shop . in the middle where the white lcd is kept

he will hand over the printout palmplate with like this shop is old and blal bla bla try to make deal in short time. and grey products

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Mar 24, 2005
51nD m3!
www.techenclave.com
edge111hussain said:
Hey im with bharat on this one. I have bought stuff from Prompt since the last 4 yrs and have never faced any problems. Infact i think they r quiet helpful to noobs in terms of service or advice. Cassette world too has been around since ages and i don't remember anyone complaining about them.

Does the guy who created this post have any proof?? Have you been cheated by anyone yourself or you just decided to create a post on a lazy Sunday?
ps: i am simply a customer and i don't have any personal connection with any of these stores but i am a businessman myself and i can clearly see the damage that can be caused by such reckless posts.....
Moderators should look into this very seriously

dont be harsh dude. well you may be the lucky ones.

Some time back a friend bought a new system from promt and all was well until one day. He went to buy a graphic card and he was sold sm lower edition china made card at price much higher wherein if he had put extra 1000 wud have got higher edition card. Though he was a noob he was his regular customer but is this the way they helped him and that too then charged him like anything. The card seriously sucked in every game. He did went asking for replacement after 2 days but he was given a typical reason....oos time pr market rate high tha...WTF:mad: And on that day the price for that card was what it should be. In any market the cost wont fluctuate so much like 1200 bucks.
Also read here: http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/my-9600gt-not-performing-as-expected-150888-2.html

People even have -ve remarks about prime abgb at times and why not. he isnt god sent here to trade. right???

Cassette world is always in news for some thing or another so forget it.

and what you think i have no other work or what apart from creating such thread. Yes yesterday was Sunday and i wast drunk :tongue: ( damn sure). I have no intentions of hurting anyone or to affect anybody's business.

Here everybody does business and there's both good n bad in it. Some of us will post his bad exp. about a shop and some others may oppose the same and post good about them.;) Every shop has its own story to tell. You opposed me and said good about the shop. Tomorrow you may oppose some other shops and people might oppose you.

After all its all pure business in the end.

Better wait and watch. After all it is an open discussion and everyone has equal right to speakbleh:

Its all getting more n more hot and interesting here..:cool2:

ashish

Adept
Apr 9, 2005
Hom3
bought psu from prime twice paying 100 bucks more and it was doa. But still i get stuffs from them they are reliable and good in service.:)

we had bad experiences with casette world, prompt computers previously and also word fight with plug and play and samvik over pricing.

thanks mate to open such useful thread where we can discuss all this stuff.

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
go to the other 9600gt fake thread bharat----the pics of the fake 8800gt i have posted have come from prompt computers on 31 oct 2007.

and if ur the bharat from prompt---i know you pretty well---i have bought products from you and more often than not they have had to be sent to the service center.

you sell lacie harddrive casings(for 1000-1500) after removing the maxtor 320/250 sata 1 drives and you sell them separately(2500-2600rs).i myself have seen this.

we are not against you but we are against your business practices.its not ethical to take uneducated computer users for a ride and that is the only gripe we have against you.if you charge for a product that is genuine --people will pay--after all its your business and you have to make money(we are not heartless!)try not sell old unsold hardware at the original prices to clear your stocks---promote newer hardware---dont sell the amd x2 7750 --sell the athlon 2 x2 240 for the same price.

amitcompusoft

Recruit
Nov 10, 2009
No You was a wrong, we from the navneet publication india ltd , We are purchase the Computer parts from last 5 Years From Prompt Computers and we have no problem in a pc or a parts in a my home we purchase a core2quad cpu, Galaxy gforce gtx 280 Graphics card, and many other things but we have a nt problem yet. So pls ignore this thread and enjoy a shopping:hap2:

friedclyde

Adept
Nov 15, 2005
Id like to share my experience with Casette World.... In Short Very Bad and Frustrating

I recently moved out of Mumbai, between Pune and Mumbai is where I reside... So it takes me 2 and a half hours to get to mumbai.

The time that all of us are joyous, upgrade time where we save or get some money to put towards our main rigs. I wanted a 255+ an upgrade from my 4000+ and a new mobo, cause my old one went kaput

The prices of Casette world, beat Computer selection so I chose to buy there to save some 100 - 200 rs, big f@ing mistake

I bought a Gigabyte Ga-ma785gm-us2h a nice mobo and the proccy and a Corsair VX 450w

Now, all happy i come home, computer comes on, somehow it doesnt ever remember the graphic card settings so no display sometimes, think it could be cmos batt, change that try

After posting http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/one-longish-beep-and-no-display-170683.html i realize its mobo, no help from casette world they send me to service center where i have to wait for one hour after travelling back to mumbai ... brand new fing mobo, they changed the bios i belive and gave it back in 2 -3 days time

I come back home happy but this time nothing a dead computer............. http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/suggestions-what-i-can-do-troubleshoot-172982.html

processor was dead i was amazed iv been using amd for 10 yearss never has a proccy gone bad.... i was like wtf

the only thing that dint go bad was the corsair psu, which i insisted on even after they tried selling me some silverstone.... psu...

but yes I am never going back to casette world ever again, nor would i recommend you buying anything from there..... thanks for givin me an opportunity to vent my frustration

i took me a month to get my rig working after buying new parts :( that had to go for service from cassette world...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i would recommend neotech as well!

techno_guy

Skilled
Jul 2, 2010
Good work mate !

and yes prime abgb is up to cheating customers

I had gone alone to prime to get a g skill ram. When I came home and showed the bill to my dad he said that the bill they gave was not an invoice but only a purchase order. But Because the warranty is on serial no. I didn't go back again to get another bill .

Then the next time when i had gone to get my friend's Gamma , we bargained about 100~150 bucks and then the guy at prime again made a similar purchase order.

I told my friend to ask for a vat bill. The guy told "deta hun deta hun" twice but didn't give

Then we were seeing around products in their shop and the bill thing went out of mind. But later on while we were about to leave I recollected and asked for Vat bill and then the guy gave the proper bill

So guys I am not saying that prime abgb is selling fake stuff or cheating but they are not giving Vat bill / Invoice . So make sure you demand for it

strategy

Skilled
Feb 25, 2010
^ yeah interesting.

what should a vat bill have.. should it show the vat added to the amount. or are there any other constraints

well we online buyers can just mail them to include the bill, but as you said they are unwilling to give the invoice. if he does not send the vat bill WAHT CAN WE DO!!?( its not advisable to go there for 4-5K product) ...thats why its better to avoid these type pf retailers (IMO)

techno_guy

Skilled
Jul 2, 2010
strategy said:
^ yeah interesting.

what should a vat bill have.. should it show the vat added to the amount. or is there any other constraints

well we online buyers can just mail them to include the bill, but as you said they are unwilling to give the invoice. if he does not send the vat bill WAHT CAN WE DO!!?( its not advisable to go there for 4-5K product) ...thats why its better to avoid these type pf retailers (IMO)

Ya it has 5% Vat added to the product cost

I mean suppose if a seller quotes 1000 bucks for dvd writer then the 1000 includes the vat amount so a Vat bill will be like 950 (product amount)+ 5% Vat = 1000

But without Vat bill it will be just mentioned dvd and amount written will be 1000

So you see that 5% of the product cost goes in seller's pocket

And yes mediahome.in is also not giving Vat bill

he is asking for some company details

tech_savy

Disciple
Feb 11, 2010
Hey guys mahavir computers is not a very good shop.i asked him to give gigabyte 460w psu and he forced me to buy the vip500w.also i asked him for amd 555 then he was forcing me to buy intel.Also he charged me around 10% more than the market price.