The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Re: The Witcher 2 - Discussion Thread

^^ After we picked it initially from intencity.com @2799/- feels like betrayal.

Haha, looks like it will hit the stores soon enough. I shall stop playing the "other" version and will wait for the retail :clap:

Were you referring to the 9GB update?

I think it was a mistake somewhere that showed 9gb...I dont think I downloaded 9gb twice for it....
I re-downloaded the game after the patch was released as I did a new install of steam again on a new HDD...So maybe thats why...
but now the baber shop etc are available to me...

Update: Placed order from Flipkart yesterday using CoD and got a call from them today. They just wanted to ensure that I knew the game wasn't available yet and that a 4GB Sandisk pen drive comes free with it :D

Freaky said:
Update: Placed order from Flipkart yesterday using CoD and got a call from them today. They just wanted to ensure that I knew the game wasn't available yet and that a 4GB Sandisk pen drive comes free with it :D
Now, this is a really sweet deal! You get all the feelies like the world map, pamphlet etc. plus you get the 4 GB pen drive free!

Completed it just now. Just brief the path I chose.

- Iorveth

- Didn't slay the dragon (Saskia)

- Have Triss alive so nice times ahead

- Let Letho go

Nice experience overall. I recommend everybody max out as much as possible. Game as I mentioned earlier is playable at 24fps too, and in most battles I'm swinging (with many people + rain) at 12-18fps but it's perfectly playable.

Graphics was very good, Bloom was overdone, if they could tone it to half, I would have left it on (patches?).

If Witcher 2 runs on consoles @ medium settings, I hope they improve PC performance even more, because there's roof for a lot left (DX9 game)

Overall, this must be the 2nd or 3rd game I completely completed this year. Crysis 2 was one, Dead Space 2 was another. So it's a feat for the developers, hands down to them to keep me hooked.

Other games were either uninspiring or lackbuster or as we all know by the number, disappointments.

comp@ddict said:
at 12-18fps but it's perfectly playable.

i used to play all my games on my old pc with those fps rates

games like ut2004 , nfs underground 2 etc etc

especially nfs most wanted

i used to wonder why they make games that are so difficult to play...

then i played the same game(nfs most wanted) with 60+ fps on my new pc

it was a cakewalk...esp the car handling was much better...

of course 10-15 is playable...but it makes it difficult to handle things esp in racing and FPS

comp@ddict said:
Completed it just now. Just brief the path I chose.
Dude, please put a spoiler tag for the sake of those who didnt complete the game. Especially your second one.

of course 10-15 is playable...but it makes it difficult to handle things esp in racing and FPS
FPS and racing yea, they require 45-60 fps for best experience, strategy and rpgs can make do with 24-30fps.

@ Tarcxy, done!

how do u hide text with the spoiler button?

will definitely order this...DNF is in transit and Dungeon Siege still not "released" according to site

Put the text between the tags

[ /spoiler]
I have added a space to [ /spoiler] which you need to remove

Freaky said:

Yup, same with me. Preordered a copy for myself. 4GB pendrive seems to be good deal for a game!

I seem to be getting some lag while running around... But other than that it runs fine...

^^ Just turn off UberSampling and it should be better....It is much better after the patch though for sure....

anyone here can help me play it .To start with i have never liked RPGs ,too slow for me. Even then i wanted to try this after reading the good reviews. The problem is with combat , I tried playing in style of POP/AC (these are one of my favourites ) but i die within 2 min always every time , no defence mechanism here. I play with mouse & keyboard.

First of all lower the difficulty. If you are playing on medium get it down to easy. Second you'll have to learn to dodge, don't try to finish the fight in 2 mins, take your time. Third,Use the signs available to you. Quen makes combat a lot easier. Yrden also makes things simple. Against sheilded opponents I use Aard to destabilize them and slash away.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll find combat to be quite entertaining. Watch some youtube videos about Witcher 2 Combat gameplay.

Back