The Photography Thread !

touzeen said:
Dragon Rider
377129_10150399979106008_710796007_8695618_897077065_n.jpg

Awesome......

I tried my luck on lunar eclipse yesterday and came no close to amazing pictures here. Can someone let me know the settings used? Is tripod a must?

You guys are GODs. Seeing all these pics, I've a lot on my mind.

- Why are your pics so so so damn sharp ? I understand there is some kind of post processing but still, that can only make up for just something.

- Why is your grass always greener (inline with the proverb) and the skies always with a beautiful blueness. My skies are always ****ed up greys/whites. Even with this Hoya CPL.

- How do you get wide shots ? With three lenses I've I seldom get as grt shots.

^ One underrated piece of advice.

READ. Read as many books on photography as you can. Start with the Holy Bible of Photography, i.e. Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson.

Actually I do agree on that. Even bought The Digital Photography Book - Volume 1 (Scott Kelby) and I am already working on that. Will start 'Understanding Exposure" after that.

Seems like there is a problem with my DSLR. I just tried clicking a pic of the moon right few moment ago. On the tripod, with remote. ISO 100, F5.6 and tried multiple time settings. Everytime I am getting multiple reflections in the frame. I mean I see two moons. One looks like as immediate capture (less expsure) and one with over exposure, both some distance apart. In ideal condition both the images should superimpose but they aren't. Don't know why. Looks like the camera moves a little, after getting first few moments of exposure. The thing even worsens if I move towards f10.

Whats going on ?? :( The close range pics seem to be fine. Anyone wanna suggest ?

Just to make it easy for you guys, here is what my DSLR is capturing :(

vt8Yr.jpg

Mut9a.jpg

aicYI.jpg

Edroj.jpg

Frakk yes. A Hoya UV Filter. :O

Gimme 10 minutes, I'll try without a filter.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

O man you are a savior. I got so tense that my newly acquired possession crapped on me. Here is the pic I clicked using the lens alone. Cropped a bit to show the resolution.

7vLEb.jpg

Feeling so relieved now. Not going to use this HOYA shit. Have a B+W on the 50mm prime. I think that wouldn't be this bad. Thanks thanks thanks again for this huge learning today.

Glad I could help :) One of the many reasons why a UV filter is nothing but a protetctive cover for the front element of your lens. I've never used one and never will (Unless I buy an L lens)

Nice pic btw. Pull its exposure down in Lightroom/ACR/DPP by 2/3rd stops and it will look even better.

LOL...!! Never seen such a big example of UV filter degradation :p

@Shushat.. it must be a duplicate Hoya filter... They are flooded in the market.!!

Even I was about to get one at JJmehta but dealer immediately told me that it is duplicate, plz dont care to buy it :)

ashvarybabul said:
LOL...!! Never seen such a big example of UV filter degradation :p

@Shushat.. it must be a duplicate Hoya filter... They are flooded in the market.!!

Even I was about to get one at JJmehta but dealer immediately told me that it is duplicate, plz dont care to buy it :)

Its SUSHANT re, not the one you wrote :p

I bought that from flipkart. I guess I need to notify them.

Back