The Official 'DiRT 3' Thread! [PC] [PS3] [X360]

Tarcxy said:
Am I the only guy to find it hard to control the car? Dirt newbie with a keyboard here..
No, it is hard for the first time. You are going right buddy. Keep on tryin ull get along.

Dont juss keep the acceleration key pressed. try releasing the acceleration key from time to time in combination with left and right keys to turn+ brakes also. But do not keep any of the keys pressed for long. This way ull learn the handling quickly.

Good Luck!

Tarcxy said:
Am I the only guy to find it hard to control the car? Dirt newbie with a keyboard here..
Keep the suspension as low as possible. And listen to killerz too. Handling is a lot easier with the xbox controller because you can give partial throttle on it rather than full or none. Same goes for break. L1 and R1 keys are like that in it. I guess you will have to tap the keys on the keyboard to attain similar handling. Handling is a lot more difficult because the roads are very narrow. Try to follow that green light. Brake when it turns red.

^there's been an update released yesterday of size 615MB. An update of that size would surely hit those who have FUP's as its the starting of the month..:D

I got the update from torrent sites. I have a legit game. I also applied the anti securom dll so I can play without the disc. I could even play online like this.
One thing I found out is that gymkhana is a lot easier with manual transmission. Drifting becomes a lot easier in second gear.

I am using my X360 controller to play this game,Gymkhana is hard but really fun with this.Well,after all we can sense some beautiful gfx.Dirt3 is just amazing.Besides lets share our XBL id's,so that we can arrange some online games.Mine is 'jojothedragon'.

iamnew said:
I just hate GFWL.I am unable to update the game and hence cant play online.the dirt3 single player is great.
Get the update from torrents. You have the genuine copy so only apply the patch don't do anything else.

^^ yup even i ended up doing that. Now everything is fine :) The dam update didn't happen in the game. I don't know y GFWL cant check for updates before starting the game.

Okay I've got a problem. I'm getting too high fps.

THe maximum settings I can choose in the menu is "High" but I've heard of "Ultra" preset

ALso in benchmark mode I'm getting 55-60+ fps with v-sync on, now thats a bit too high. I think the game is running under DX9.

I checked the config file, no mention of DX11, but TESSALATION is set to TRUE and forceDX9 is set to FALSE.

Help guys, wanna run under DX11 maxed out!

Back