The Nokia X1-00 is here

DarkAngel

Skilled
How low can you go? The Nokia X1-00 aims for a sub €35 price and with dedicated music keys, powerful loudspeaker and a microSD card slot, the X1-00 makes for a great portable music player.
The Nokia X1-00 has a strong focus on music - the loudspeaker on the back is rated at 106 phon (a unit of perceived loudness) and has been calibrated not to distort the sound even at the loudest setting.
The music prowess of the X1-00 doesn't end here - there are three dedicated music keys, 3.5mm audio jack, a stereo headset in the box, FM radio and support for microSD cards up to 16GB along with a single-key playlist creator.

Nokia X1-00
The phone runs Series 30 and is obviously aimed at developing markets, so the five separate phonebooks will be very useful if the phone is shared between the family. The X1-00 offers the basics with standard package of organizer and some games.
The Nokia X1-00 also packs a dedicated torch for when the power goes out and if you use the phone sparingly, the 1320mAh battery should last a mammoth 61 days of standby.
The X1-00 measures 112.2 x 47.3 x 16mm and weighs 91g. It will be available in Orange, Ocean blue and Dark grey in select markets starting in April and should cost €34 (before taxes and subsidies).

Great for people who want a non-camera, non-touch music phone :)

Nokia X1-00 brings a lot of BANG for a 35 euro worth of buck - GSMArena.com news
Listen up! The Nokia X1-00 is here | Nokia Conversations - The official Nokia Blog
Nokia X1-00 - Full phone specifications

Good find Darky.

35 euro= Rs.2215/- (@Today)

To compete with other popular brands (Karbonn, micromax, maxx, spice) in Indian market Nokia requires to launch handset with dual sim & good cam.

Nice features for a great price. And it comes without a camera.
Great for those people for whom cameras are banned in office.

The phone has nice features... And Nokia claims it to be really LOUD (as regards the speaker).

In my opinion, the colours of the phone are extremely LOUD and gaudy. They should offer a Full black or atleast a Black-Silver colour option.

The Black-Yellow one looks like it is specifically made to order for Mumbai's Taxi Drivers... :rofl:

Nokia X1-00 - The World's First S30 Music Phone

You read the title right! Nokia is soon launching the Nokia X1-00, which is the entry level phone in the X series.

• no camera
  • S30 interface.
  • supports upto 16GB memory card
  • music player
  • dedicated music keys
  • 3.5mm jack
  • A 1320mAH BL-5J battery (same as in a C7)
  • gives (claimed) 38hrs of music playback
  • extra loud speaker (similar to 5030 XpressRadio)

Expected price around 1.7K :clap:

This could potentially KILL all the mp3 players in the market IMO... you could just buy it for listening to songs

Source: all over the internet

Any opinion guys ?:D

Re: Nokia X1-00 - The World's First S30 Music Phone

How is the music output. Anything special to justify its music phone tag?

^^Since it is music centric, i am expecting very good music quality and as rightly said, if the SQ is decent enough, it will be a killer phone. Any idea when it is launching ?

As it is i am looking a very very simple phone for dad (but FM is compulsary)

But i do not like the music output of nokia compared to my SE walkman phone.
Hence the query.
The thing is my se phone is started to show symptoms of a dying keyboard but the music is just unparallel To nokia .
So confused between the repairing cost or of buying a new basic phone for music.

I think what Nokia is launching is X1-01

How soon it will hit the market -only Nokia knows.

Nokia is in death throes- and is now only capable of successfully designing low end phones or unsuccessful ones like N8.

High end market belongs to Samsung, Apple,Etc.Etc.

Well all recent Nokia phones with 3.5mm jacks have good sound quality as long as you use aftermarket earphones.

@vijayshimla:

This is the X1-00 not the X1-01. Most probably the X1-01 or X1-02 if ever launched would be either a dual SIM or an S40 device without camera or something like that.

And there is nothing wrong in catering to the low end. It is the biggest market in India. And Just one year back, when nokia used to provide memory card support only in mid end (over 4k) phones, samsung, LG and motorolla had the upper hand in selling basic devices with music player. Now thanks to the fact that all current nokia s40 phones support memory card, (and also bluetooth and GPRS) people can cheaply access net and have a music player. Phones like the Nokia C1-01 have revolutionized how the masses access feature phone like facilities at budgets under 2.2k. No other company sells phones costing 2.1k (C1-02) which can connect to the internet and also act as a bluetooth modem. Nokia supports java MIPD 2.1 again not seen in phones at this budget from other companies.

Anyway, back to topic, the fact that X1-00 uses the s30 interface means that while the phone has ZERO customizing ability and does not support bluetooth/gprs/apps, it has significant boosts on the phone's battery life. Coupled with a BL-5J battery I expect this phone to actually compete with some modern mp3 players in music playback time. My 5130 XpressMusic on the other hand died out in 4.5 hours flat from full charge when I was listening to music while navigating through google maps.

Why Nokia not making a mobile with 3G,Wifi,GPS,big non-touch screen,awesome music player,1320 mAh battery but with out camera ?.....:S

^ I don't think anyone makes such a phone anymore. Reason being a camera has become a 'default' feature. Even sub 2K phones come with one. So if a phone costlier than that doesn't have one, it means it is an 'incomplete' phone. Unless of course it is an Apple.

^^But the audience for such a phone is too miniscule and hence feasibility of such phones for the company takes a hit and hence they dont make such.

Back