~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Looking for a phone around 10k Lesser the better :D

All I want is a descent battery life and a good cam. Any suggestions???

BTW how about those touch screen's! Samsung Star, Cookie or Asus 320?? Are they convinient and of use in a long run??

I am into marketing job so should be convinient and stylish too. What do youll suggest.

Hi Guys,

This is my first post in this forum.

I’m looking to purchase a new touch screen cell phone my budget is max 20K.
Need a phone for normal daily use and occasional music and video usage while I’m travelling.
can you please quote the price in Delhi also.

Spy king said:
hey, quick question.. Whats the cheapest phone with wifi?

also, will any of these phone that don't have wifi support a SD wifi card??

The cheapest phone which has wi-fi is the Asus P320.

Wi-fi SD cards are compatible with only those mobiles which have a SD card slot. So, it should be compatible with the HTC P3400 but the total cost of the P3400 and the wi-fi SD card will be more than a single Asus P320.

devilsmind said:
actually i was having a ipod touch which i recently sold on TE.. i was using videora ipod touch converter and it can convert videos to many format which can be played on ipod..usually i convert videos to MPEG4 VGA 2400 Kbps Stereo/128 kbps
The output video is larger than the original:S but its enjoyable on the touch.
that's the reason im searching for a phone which is similar to the touch in audio and video playback wit a big screen..

Right now im using 5300 xm..and im a total noob in windows based fones..wat i saw people discussing custom ROMs,touch flow and stuff like that..is it same as the themes in symbian? does 5800 support roms and touch flow...As far as i know these features are available in windows mobiles..
does windows mobiles have more features(installing softwares) then symbian 5800...
plz clarify my doubts
Nokia 5800 is a Symbian S60 5th edition OS based phone. The Symbian S60 OS does not support such ROM yet. When Symbian goes Open Source next year, such ROM's may become available.

Applications like Touch Flo is not yet available for 5800XM OS.
Later similar applications may become available.

More number of applications and games are available for the 5800XM.

Also you should have a minimum expertise level before you start installing cooked ROM's, otherwise your phone will be bricked(i.e unusable).
If you want to use applications, games and use multimedia features more on your phone then the 5800XM is your best bet.

mack1983 said:
Hi Guys,

This is my first post in this forum.

I’m looking to purchase a new touch screen cell phone my budget is max 20K.
Need a phone for normal daily use and occasional music and video usage while I’m travelling.
can you please quote the price in Delhi also.

If your not looking for productivity, then the Nokia 5800 XM (18.4K*) should do just fine !

finally i decided to go 4 the 5800xm..its costs around 19k including tax in bangalore..

now what i came to know that a new firmware will b available in July..if its so, then can i update the current 5800 to that firmware or its only for those new 5800's..also i have found people discussing in other thread that the build quality of 5800 is cheap (means the panel is easily scratched and not so strong like other nokia models)and it has some s/w issues..how true is it?

i found a local deal where a guy is selling his 4 months old htc diamond for 15k..with bill and warranty..is it a right price?

devilsmind said:
finally i decided to go 4 the 5800xm..its costs around 19k including tax in bangalore..
now what i came to know that a new firmware will b available in July..if its so, then can i update the current 5800 to that firmware or its only for those new 5800's..also i have found people discussing in other thread that the build quality of 5800 is cheap (means the panel is easily scratched and not so strong like other nokia models)and it has some s/w issues..how true is it?

i found a local deal where a guy is selling his 4 months old htc diamond for 15k..with bill and warranty..is it a right price?

1. No phone is perfect but one has to accept what it has to offer and its shortcomings.Take good care of it and it will remain in a good condition.
Not all phones can boast superior build quality as it all comes to design constraints.

2. Regarding the firmware update, just check the current software version of your phone and update accordingly.The process is quite simple & straightforward.

3. If your going to listen to music & watch lot of movies, you'd be better off with the 5800 XM.

~ T.T.M ~

Thanks thetoxicmind for your suggestion. I did checked 5800 XM and liked it but I was told that it was having some screen and earphone problems.
In some posts I saw people are recommending to buy phones with mfd. After feb 09.
Can we upgrade its firmware or do we need to go to there care center.
little confused here..........:S

mack1983 said:
Thanks thetoxicmind for your suggestion. I did checked 5800 XM and liked it but I was told that it was having some screen and earphone problems.

In some posts I saw people are recommending to buy phones with mfd. After feb 09.

If that's the case, then look for the same.

And like I mentioned earlier, find out your current software version and check with the Nokia website to see whether it is the latest update.

mack1983 said:

Firmware upgrade can be done at home. All you need is the PC suite, your PC and mobile, and a USB cable to connect them. If you feel apprehensive, you can always get it done at the nearest Nokia service center.

hp-india said:
Firmware upgrade can be done at home. All you need is the PC suite, your PC and mobile, and a USB cable to connect them. If you feel apprehensive, you can always get it done at the nearest Nokia service center.

Yeah.The process is quite simple !

need some help here, i am inclined towards picking up the Nokia 5130 XM but the dealer told me that the messages can only be stored in the phone memory.

is there any phone within 6k which allows usage of the memory card for the messages and the contacts?

thetoxicmind said:
If that's the case, then look for the same.

And like I mentioned earlier, find out your current software version and check with the Nokia website to see whether it is the latest update.

bought the fone finally..now the sound clarity is good but the max volume is very less compared to 5300xm..im using philips SBC HP250 headfones.

the software is upto date..and the mfg date is feb2009:S

now is it really true that fones made on or b4 feb2009 have issues???

wingmysoul said:
need some help here, i am inclined towards picking up the Nokia 5130 XM but the dealer told me that the messages can only be stored in the phone memory.

is there any phone within 6k which allows usage of the memory card for the messages and the contacts?

Messages don't exactly take up too much space.
On my 5300XM, 2000+ messages took up only about 1.5MB of space.

Better go with the 5130XM

devilsmind said:
bought the fone finally..now the sound clarity is good but the max volume is very less compared to 5300xm..im using philips SBC HP250 headfones.
the software is upto date..and the mfg date is feb2009:S
now is it really true that fones made on or b4 feb2009 have issues???

1.You can always tweak the EQ settings !

2. I'm not too sure about that.Post here and see if you get any answers : http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/the-definitive-nokia-5800xm-thread-125171-81.html

~ T.T.M ~

I am looking to upgrade my cellphone currently I have a Nokia 6300 and Motorokr E6. I am looking forward to upgrade to a PDA/Smartphone.

Budget: 12k to 15k max

Required Features:
  • GPS
  • Wifi
  • MP3/Video Playback (good quality)
  • Mails support
  • Keypad (Qwerty would be great, as typing messages on my E6 using stylus is PIA)

Some of the cells which I have shortlisted are:

Asus P527 seems good and VFM for 12k (Have a keypad though not Qwerty)

Blackberry 8320 ~15k unlocked (But am confused on its GPS support, thought it has Qwerty keypad) I have never used a BB before

HTC Touch Viva ~14k (Does not have GPS :()

Any suggestions and views would be welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back