~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

hey guys suggest a android phone in a budget of 27k.

i have my eye on HTC Incredible S.

Getting it for Rs. 25400 on letsbuy.com

Couple of friends suggested - Samsung Galaxy S , Nexus S .

so please help.

prakhar said:
hey guys suggest a android phone in a budget of 27k.

i have my eye on HTC Incredible S.

Getting it for Rs. 25400 on letsbuy.com

Couple of friends suggested - Samsung Galaxy S , Nexus S .

so please help.
LG Optimus 2X @ 25k from letsbuy!

DarkAngel,

My mother has lost her phone and needs to buy a new one.

Details -

1. Budget - preferably under 5k but can stretch to 6k if you deem it a prudent investment.

2. Not a touchscreen, would like something sturdy

3. Good camera - She maintains a blog and regularly uploads photos to it. She would love to have a nice camera :)

4. Internet - Would be checking on her blog and gmail a couple of times each day. Maybe normal 2G internet would suffice?

5. Book reading apps - She would like to do some reading on her mobile.

6. GPS if possible (Maybe I am wishing for the stars!)

7. Good keypad.

I have looked at Nokia C2-01 and Nokia X2

The C2 has 3G (384kbps) and 3.2 megapixel camera while the X2 has a 5 megapixel camera

The downside of C2 is the small screen (2 inch)

What would you suggest DarkAngel?

Hey guys i am getting HTC Incredible S in NOIDA for Rs25500. Is it the best price?

Also want to confirm that, do HTC phones come in sealed packs. Or do the boxes simply have laminated or plastic covering. I mean the box only had the plastic covering, which wasnt torn from anywhere, but there wasnt a seal.

I havent bought HTC ever,so therefore asking.

I have got Sealed Blackberry, Nokia,Samsung,LG phones.

@setonfire - SE Zylo?

Sony Ericsson Zylo review: Walkman rewind - GSMArena.com
Sony Ericsson Zylo - Full phone specifications

Nice big 2.6" screen. Good slider form factor. Has HSDPA 7.2Mbps. So future proof in case 3G prices drop in say a year or two.
Decent 3.2 MP cam. Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com Quality is better than the X2's camera
Buy Sony Ericsson W20i ZYLO at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Rs.6549 - 15% -> Rs.5566.65 from letsbuy. IMO its a very good choice. Its got superb audio quality too!

I might purchase a new phone soon. :(. 5 months ahead.

NO Touch screen / Excellent multimedia(For music and videos.) / No OS preference

Need-

Music Qlty

3G

Wifi

Battery backup

Good Build Qlty

No need-

Touchscreen at ALL.

Any blackberry with good multimedia?

I am thinking of buying motorola atrix from US using aramex account...Is it worth it?..Anyone from TE having experience of buying mobiles through aramex... and anyone from TE having atrix...want your feedback on this..

DarkAngel,

Is the Zylo sturdy? My mother is notorious for dropping her cellphone very often :)

How do I get the 15% off on letsbuy?

Just in case the budget cannot be increased, would Nokia X2 be okay? The camera is the best in class, right?

Thank you for your kind help

setonfire said:
DarkAngel,

Is the Zylo sturdy? My mother is notorious for dropping her cellphone very often :)

Just in case the budget cannot be increased, would Nokia X2 be okay? The camera is the best in class, right?

Battery backup seems to be poor in the Nokia X2. Reg. the build of Zylo according to the review its pretty good.

I think the coupon code is RCOMLB1. Check the letsbuy thread in hot deals section.

Wait for X2 and Zylo owners to comment

m-jeri said:
I might purchase a new phone soon. :(. 5 months ahead.

NO Touch screen / Excellent multimedia(For music and videos.) / No OS preference

Need-

Music Qlty

3G

Wifi

Battery backup

Good Build Qlty

No need-

Touchscreen at ALL.

Any blackberry with good multimedia?
Nokia E5 will do all that and a bit more for much less than a Blackberry(since you have to buy expensive services every month to go online in a Blackberry).

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

setonfire said:
DarkAngel,

My friend has the Xylo. It is pretty sturdy and the picture quality is pretty good too.

the camera quality of the X2 is not that great. It is just a 5MP camera in name.

Thank you hotshot,

I went to my local market yesterday and visited 4-5 shops.

Surprisingly all of them informed me that the Zylo was affected by software problems. Is that the case still?

Furthermore, they also confirmed what Hotshot said - The X2's camera is 5mp only in name :)

Thank God I sought help on TE! I was almost decided on X2.

I need to buy the phone today; your insight is much appreciated.

@DarkAngel,

Is Letsbuy safe? How much time do they take to deliver?

You bought a phone from them recently? Was it in good condition?

Thank you for your help

^The buggers took 20-25 to ship it :| I had requested for a blue color and they didnt have it. 10 days gone because of this (They said they were trying to get it for me) Then 10 more days wait.
I got a 5130XM since needed a phone with excellent music quality and battery backup. Packing was excellent. Mobile box put inside a bubble wrap and then it was placed inside a letsbuy box and taped like hell :) 10/10 for packing. Shipped via Bluedart. I had chosen COD. So no issues about it.

Better get the Arc if you looking for a stable and fast androoid handset. The arc is pretty much the best single core handset in the market right now. If ou are planning on getting an Optimus 2x, wait a while till it gets the gingerbread update and then upgrade. In its present state, i wouldnt buy even if it were a quadcore set. The optimus 2x is for the android enthusiasts who like to load custom roms and stuff..In its stock state the 2x is literally unusable.

The Mobile Phone Advisor

I'm looking to replace my dying N78 bought in May 2008.It was a heavily modded phone(rompatcher and the like..)and I would like a phone that has a good app experience.
I don't have much experience(any!)with touchscreen phones but am willing to experiment.Don't want any lag though.
Willing to try android OS but I've heard about problems with battery life and lag.
Is the Symbian^3 OS very different from FP2 OS 9.3 ?

1. Q: Budget?
A: 10-12k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: None

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Nope

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Camera quality not important

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G,Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Making calls!

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: N.A

1.Are there any deals going around for the C6-01/C7 ?
2.Where is the best place to buy this phone(online/retailer)?
3.I could be in Bombay in a few days ? Any good shops who can give me a decent price ?

Dark Angel,

I would like to buy a dual GSM SIM phone with Android OS and touch screen. How is the F8 phone being advertised by Naaptol? Appreciate your advice.

P.N.Reddy

Folks need a phone for a friend. Most prolly purchase on next month.

She likes the E5 100%. But no front cam.:(.

Budget : 10k

Need :

1. No touch screen necessary. If touch is there, keypad also should be there.

2. Prefer QWERTY

3. Prefer Android, symbian also OK

4. Good battery life and voice clarity.

5. Good music. and camera just for random clicks.

6. Should be good for 3G.

7. Need front cam for video calls.

Something like E5 or galaxy pro fits the bill but no front cam for video calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back