~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

ANP !!! said:
@Thetoxicmind and others: Thanks for all the suggestions :), i will consider between T700 and W910i. And get what suits my hand best.

Thanks again.

hey even i need a new phone and i have to decide between the 2. so once u get one, do write here about ur feedback

hotshot05 said:
BTW are u really going to use the battery of the N73?
dont know bout the N-73 battery, but have tried using a friends N-82 battery-its a 1100 mAh unit as againt the Slide's 950 mAh; its a perfect fit and no issues while charging too
hotshot05 said:
Have u done the full charge then total discharge cycle for your battery around 5 times?
My phone almost discharges completetly almost everyother day!!!so the 5 cycle is many times over!!!i dont use GPRS/EDGE but have an average of 2hrs and many times 3hrs talktime usage; since the battery backup is bad, i generally full charge it for 1.5hs daily!!!

ANP !!! said:
@Thetoxicmind and others: Thanks for all the suggestions :), i will consider between T700 and W910i. Is the W910i worth the extra money in terms of sound quality ?, I have heard the slider gets very jammed and hard after some period of time.

The Sound quality on the W910 is much better than the T700 whereas the camera is better on the latter !

planning to get the n79 for my dad i want to know how good is it. what are the inbox cover colors ? and finally whts the price in grey and white thanks in advance. will be putting up 2 phones for sale soon when i get this if i do.

Hi
I need a phone advice
a good music phone, with support 8gb and above memory card
2MP camera, BT
Faast UI, Good Battery, actually gr8 battery life
not heavy, but slim and stylish

budget around 9k
buying today
thanks

jesal said:
planning to get the n79 for my dad i want to know how good is it. what are the inbox cover colors ? and finally whts the price in grey and white thanks in advance. will be putting up 2 phones for sale soon when i get this if i do.

Well,the N82 would seem a better option(esp. in the camera dept.) but the N79 is equally good and does the job...

Nokia N79 ~ 19.7k*

* + VAT

drkrack said:
Hi

I need a phone advice

a good music phone, with support 8gb and above memory card

2MP camera, BT

Faast UI, Good Battery, actually gr8 battery life

not heavy, but slim and stylish

budget around 9k

buying today

thanks

What you probably need is the SE W580 or Nokia 5310 XM !

But neither of them support 8gb memory cards thus leaving you with the Symbian based Nokia 5320 XM & Linux based Moto EM 30 ...

Tony T13 said:
planning to get a cell phone in the range of 10k.
Phone specifications
camera- 3.2 mp or above
media player
bluetooth
FM radio
I had LG KG920 in mind.
Regards

Your only choice is the SE K790i and the Nokia 3600 Slide. I dont like low end LG phones that much since they always miss some essential features and have lots of drawbacks

thetoxicmind said:
Well,the N82 would seem a better option(esp. in the camera dept.) but the N79 is equally good and does the job...

Nokia N79 ~ 19.7k*

* + VAT

i had the n82 keypad sucked big time. price is 19500 for n79 and 19000 for 5800, already broke 500 bucks lol. i guess ill wait a while for the n79 its a good phone surely.

jesal said:
i had the n82 keypad sucked big time. price is 19500 for n79 and 19000 for 5800, already broke 500 bucks lol. i guess ill wait a while for the n79 its a good phone surely.

Well,depends on the user.
I've seen quite a few ppl get used to the keypad without any hassles..
but like i said earlier choose the one your most comfortable with !

Btw,the N79 comes with two extra Xpress-On smart covers(depends on original cover colour & regional availability),more of which can be bought separately.

Seems you get the white & red Xpress-On covers with the Brown version of the phone...

hotshot05 said:
Have you seen the K810i for under 10k anywhere yet? Everywhere I see, the K810i sells in the region of 11k+. And anyway, I hate those circular keys of the K810i.

Dude,just because you don't like those circular keys doesn't mean the whole world is gonna hate it !? it's all upto the user's preference & liking...

And yes it retails for 9.9k (+ VAT) in chennai...

~* A Touch of Excitement !? *~

Listed Brand-wise , Price-wise !!!

Apple iPhone 3G (8GB) ~ 29.7k*
Apple iPhone 3G (16GB) ~ 34.5k*

BlackBerry Storm ~ 26.8k*

HTC P3350 ~ 13.5K*
HTC P3300 ~ 15.6K*
HTC Touch Viva ~ 15.1k*
HTC P3470 ~ 18k*
HTC Diamond ~ 21.9k*
HTC Touch 3G ~ 24.8k*
HTC G1 ~ 24.9k*