The iPhone 5 thread

So 4geniusminds facebook page is the source.
I dont know if to believe this or not. Because there is a shortage of supply even in the US, and Apple always has to please their most loyal customers, the people in their home country.

Guys...need some help. My power button packed up after 11 months of use and unluckily since I bought the phone in SG, I cant get it replaced here. I dont have anyone going to SG as of now. So is there some softare which mimics this? I know I can use the accessability feature, but thats a pain as it hovers over the screen on all apps. I would rather prefer an app. Also I have been quoted around 2.1k for change of the button. Is this price right?

Guys...need some help. My power button packed up after 11 months of use and unluckily since I bought the phone in SG, I cant get it replaced here. I dont have anyone going to SG as of now. So is there some softare which mimics this? I know I can use the accessability feature, but thats a pain as it hovers over the screen on all apps. I would rather prefer an app. Also I have been quoted around 2.1k for change of the button. Is this price right?

I don't know of the app. The price quoted seems a little higher. People over here in Chandigarh ask for 1500. If you are a little handy you can change it on your own. Just order the part and watch a Youtube video and follow that. I have personally replaced screens for 3 friends of mine for different phones and it was very easy once you have the right tools and the Youtube video instructions.
To replace the power button for the iPhone 5, you will have to take apart nearly all parts of the phone. To make it easy for people to replace the screens, Apple changed the design and now the phone opens from the front. This does make the power button one of the components, to replace which, you have to first remove all other components first. This is why people are asking more labor charges. For 4 and 4s one could easily get it changed for 500-700 bucks.

Back