The India - South Africa Series thread

shantanil

Disciple
Just thought about creating this thread to know everyone's thoughts and expectations about the ongoing India-South Africa Series.

Well, the Series is underway after a rain delayed start and India could not have made a worse beginning. The ever known weakness against genuine fast bowling and the addition of variable pace and bounce and swing due to the wet weather on an already fast and hostile Centurion pitch has undone India. At 80/6 I really do not see any possibility of India coming back in this test except, for intervention of rains.

Dhoni's ill luck at winning tosses continues. Bowling first on this wicket could have been extremely interesting with some good swing bowling and the hosts would have had a run for their money. But that was not to be. Let's advise Dhoni to do some tossing practice from now on, with the world cup round the corner.:bleh:

However, records say that India has had a tradition of being very bad starters in an overseas tour but improve steadily as the tour progresses. So let's not lose hope even if India lose this by an innings and the test finishes within 3 days. However, the apprehension regarding India's performance in this series is not going to die soon. One sure hopes that a bad performance in the test series (if that were to happen) will not have any negative impacts on the following ODI series, because if it does, then India's World Cup hopes will suffer a big setback as the team's morale will be pretty much down.

The same thing happened in O3 where before the world cup they had lost to new zealand pretty miserably.
Then followed the world cup and they reached upto the finals until ricky ponting bought his graphite layered bat :p

arjpillai said:
This is what happens when you start a tour of South Africa without even a single tour/practice match :p
you got that darn on target.

I cant believe that they would go an overseas tour to South Africa,with no proper acclimatization to the conditions there.

arjpillai said:
This is what happens when you start a tour of South Africa without even a single tour/practice match :p
Agreed. Miserable day of cricket for India today. Lets just hope they come back in the 2nd innings.

Bhaiyo aur Unki Beheno.. (Pardon My Hindi)

Indian Team really surprised us today.

So from this day we are not going to be expecting too much in this tour, and we wont be bothered too much during our regular chores either.

On a serious note, not every days are the same. Our players will shine.

Just let them come back and face the cameras for their commercial shoots.

All hail #1 Test Team.

India always treats first Test match as practice match. In recent overseas tours they have almost always managed to lose first test miserably, before bouncing back in the next. I suppose Indians should start preparations for second match now.

1. Batsman have supposed to have played over "3000" bouncers each. They conveniently dint practice to play against swing which did them in. Maybe it is because no one could bowl them good swing balls.

2. So much is made up about Zaheer not playing. As if that would have mattered.

I pity people who waste their time watching cricket and same old story unfold again and again.
India will win the World Cup? Yeah Right :lol:

Back