The "Everyday" show-off thread !

I can't explain it but this photo has my heart racing.

Well the PC is assembled and running

e4EXs3h.jpg

The case is a hotbox without case fans - idle temps started hitting 70% with CPU fan running at full load. Unfortunately the Arctic P14 5 pack fans came damaged from amazon, ther was no replacement and had to be refunded. I'll salvage a few Arctic P12s tomorrow from my CM690 and use on this for the time being

For now, gotta run it with side panel open. Need to clean up the wiring a bit as well. All in good time.

KC0hmZK.jpg

@rsaeon - Hope you recognise the Noctua in the pic, I got it from you sometime back!

That is such an attractive little build!

@rsaeon - Hope you recognise the Noctua in the pic, I got it from you sometime back!

Everyone recommends the Arctic P12's as an inexpensive alternative to Noctua's but I have been consistently underwhelmed by them. That Noctua fan moves an impressive amount of air and hasn't yet been matched by any other 120mm fan that I've tested. Either I got a bad batch of P12's or people haven't really seen what a Noctua NF-F12 (not A12) can push out because all of my P12's are barely any better than the nondescript fans that are bundled with cases.

That is such an attractive little build!

Everyone recommends the Arctic P12's as an inexpensive alternative to Noctua's but I have been consistently underwhelmed by them. That Noctua fan moves an impressive amount of air and hasn't yet been matched by any other 120mm fan that I've tested. Either I got a bad batch of P12's or people haven't really seen what a Noctua NF-F12 (not A12) can push out because all of my P12's are barely any better than the nondescript fans that are bundled with cases.

I believe the Phanteks T30 do exceed the performance of the NF-A12s in noise-normalized testing (though they are 5mm thicker). They also have a 3000 rpm mode should performance be an absolute priority. Haven't used Arctic's full, fat P12s, but the P12 slims are pretty great for the price. I also recently ordered the Nidec Gentle Typhoons which are supposed to be up there with the NF-A12s in performance and noise characteristics.

A pretty great repository if one is interested in gauging fan noise at different rpms: https://www.youtube.com/user/ydihtty/videos

Any 120mm normal RGB enabled fans with one power/RGB connector built in to connect to my Cougar MX 410 Mesh G-RGB fan connector at its backside?
Please reply. Thanks.

I too could not seem to understand why the Artic P series were so renowned. I tried the P14 PWM and was pretty underwhelmed. Yes, they are way cheaper than Noctuas but I found airflow and SP to be mediocre compared to other similarly priced fans too
Check this review once for Indians:

Deepcool AK400 & AK620 uses these fans from Deepcool which has fan rpm till 1850 which are plain pwm fans.

Deepcool FK120 (3 in 1) 120mm 4-pin PWM Case Fan (Black)- R-FK120-BKNPF3-G-1 https://amzn.eu/d/iPDZbv8

I too could not seem to understand why the Artic P series were so renowned. I tried the P14 PWM and was pretty underwhelmed. Yes, they are way cheaper than Noctuas but I found airflow and SP to be mediocre compared to other similarly priced fans too
Don't know about the P14s, but the P12s (on a rad) have been shown to be within a degree of the NF-A12 at 40 dBA. At lower noise levels/rpms, they're functionally identical. There are some downsides, but for a fan that is less than a fifth of the cost of the Noctuas, they can be safely ignored. I'd definitely pick the P12s (though I actually opted for imported Nidec Gentle Typhoons :p) over the glut of incredibly mediocre fans that pass muster in some builds here.

Don't know about the P14s, but the P12s (on a rad) have been shown to be within a degree of the NF-A12 at 40 dBA. At lower noise levels/rpms, they're functionally identical. There are some downsides, but for a fan that is less than a fifth of the cost of the Noctuas, they can be safely ignored. I'd definitely pick the P12s (though I actually opted for imported Nidec Gentle Typhoons :p) over the glut of incredibly mediocre fans that pass muster in some builds here.
My use case wasn't on a rad, but instead as an intake on the front of the case that needed to pull air through 1 metal and 1 light nylon mesh. I found the artic struggling. The fans are pretty quiet tho!

My use case wasn't on a rad, but instead as an intake on the front of the case that needed to pull air through 1 metal and 1 light nylon mesh. I found the artic struggling.

Same, they didn't have any airflow by the time the air reached the heatsink when used as intakes. By comparison, the F12's could easy throw air half a meter away.

the P12s (on a rad) have been shown to be within a degree of the NF-A12 at 40 dBA

This makes me think I need to do more testing of these fans on heatsinks and find something else for intake.

Check this review once for Indians:

That was very informational, thanks!

Deepcool FK120 (3 in 1) 120mm 4-pin PWM Case Fan (Black)- R-FK120-BKNPF3-G-1 https://amzn.eu/d/iPDZbv8

These look really cool.

I'd definitely pick the P12s (though I actually opted for imported Nidec Gentle Typhoons :p) over the glut of incredibly mediocre fans that pass muster in some builds here.
The XPG Vento Pro fans are rebranded Nidec GTs (Link). I grabbed one from Amazon India a while back for an SG13 build. They were sold by Appario for about 1500. Now I can't find them in stock anywhere. Not the most silent at high RPMs but they did very well in a cramped case.

So with the 4700S sold, I had to get the 5600G up and running. Got a MSI A520M-A Pro - cheap, has 4 SATA ports and has a HDMI 2.1 port.

Unfortunately it came with an old BIOS without Ryzen 5000 support. Turns out I can't use my 2700X to update as Ryzen 2nd gen isnt supported. I swapped CPUs anyway and to my surprise and relief, the motherboard booted up. Updated the BIOS and its running!

The motherboard doesnt support M.2 22110 SSDs. Got an add on card and even that didn't support 22110 SSDs sigh. Got a piece laser cut for that as well, now the 22110 SSD is nice and secure. I've got 1440p 144hz working on HDMI as well!

6UchANS.jpg

All I need now is somewhat cheap RAM to complete the second PC. Ordered some Teamgroup Vulcan Z 32GB off Newegg and will get them in 10 days. Yay!

NewEgg US delivers to India in just 10 days?? Do they manage customs too? I heard pre-covid that they did

How much did that end up costing?

It will be hand carried by a friend next week. 32GB 3200mhz cost me ~7100 after taxes.

And what/where/how is that 22110 ssd?

Its a Toshiba XD5 2TB NVME SSD. 22110, choc full of NAND chips and a huge bank of capacitors on it. Got a deal on ebay a while ago for it.

Anyways the PC is now done

39u7L6z.jpg

H7nyW8G.jpg

Best part are the temps, or lack there of lol

hMAhZRu.png

Right now, the PSU fan is the loudest component. Gotta swap it out with the RM450 soon.

Back