The DRINK Thread.

For people like us staying in Gujarat (dry state) , it's virtually impossible to find any good drinks for reasonable price..
Still for me old monk is best rum..

To be honest OM has lost its taste. It is really watery now, and does not have the density it used to have. It was the best RUM available at one time. Coming from a user, who drank rum all year long, even in the summers. I think a good rum is now: Sikkim Rum. Not sure if it is available in most places. Has a nice taste, and a decent amount of after-taste sweetness. It can be sipped direct with H2o, too.
Which one ?

Sikkim XXX Prize Rum or Snow Lion White Rum

You guys really need to taste beer with more Hops in it. Will just broaden your palate.

I tried Corona after a long time last week. Felt like drinking water. :(. But to be honest, KF strong is nice. It is.

Aaah... nice thread. Although I don't drink any longer, just one of those things I did a gradual cold turkey on, but "Big Cheers" to you guys! Plus... the photographs are amazing, specially the Glen! :D

What recipe? My standard go to has been to add Coke. Cheap whisky? Add coke. Cheap rum? Add coke. Cheap vodka? Add coke.

Edit: Also, Gurgaon used to have this delivery place that delivers from 11PM - 5 AM. For the munchies.

Currently: Drinking Bacardi Limon + Soda.

No love for Black Dog 12

12.jpeg

follow this up with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum ..

Captain_Morgan_Original_Spiced_1_296025.jpg

What recipe? My standard go to has been to add Coke. Cheap whisky? Add coke. Cheap rum? Add coke. Cheap vodka? Add coke.

Edit: Also, Gurgaon used to have this delivery place that delivers from 11PM - 5 AM. For the munchies.

Currently: Drinking Bacardi Limon + Soda.

Was talking about snacks...food..etc :)

hehehhehehhe

:).

No interesting drink recipes?? what do you guys do for the munchies?

One day i get up in the "morning" (10am or s0). I am not in the mood for coffee, so I look around, and see a packet of maggi tomato soup. So why the hell not, I boil some water and dump it in.

While stirring, my eyes catch last night's vodka bottle, that still contains a little left (say 30ml). Gears start turning and suddenly EUREKA, chuck the vodka into the soup, It will be a hot bloody mary.

So i boiled Maggi soup + vodka. As expected it was awful. however, I have a rule that I fininsh whatever is on my place, so I drank the whole horrid mess.

I was off alcohol for a week.

:D

VAT 69 HAS to be the worst possible thing i ever had. Waste of money. :mad:. Will never buy that.

Teachers Imported version fares far better than VAT 69 in my scale. 69 was way too sweet or mild for my taste. Mind you, I love smokey flavours. so heavily biased. But still Scottish and Irish whiskey I do like. Even then 69, NO!

Was talking about snacks...food..etc :)

hehehhehehhe
boiled peanuts served with finely chopped coriander, onion, tomato sprinkled over with lemon & some hot sauce. you ain't getting this one abroad, India only :p

finger kebabs on a stick...

fresh olives work too but hard to find here and work better with the fairer liquors.

chips is just blah compared to that..

Back