The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

anks22402

Adept
Dec 24, 2006
Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

in honkong the launch event happened and the price which they said was 402 $ euro which comes to 26 k .

Source : The Nokia 5800 Blog

24th Nov 2008 update

As rumored that there will be launch event of Nokia 5800 taking place today in Hong Kong, there indeed was launch event in HK just now. Keithvim at ePrice.com.hk attended the event and got back with a plenty of photos. According to him, the price of Nokia 5800 will indeed be HK$3988 (which is about 407 euros). The retail version of Nokia 5800 in HK will come with a 8GB MicroSD card, pen stylus, a plectrum stylus in wrist strap, a stand, a carrying case, pre-loaded Batman trailer clip and 14 pop songs. The update that he has gotten from the event that all of you living in HK need to know is that Nokia 5800 will be on the shelves November 29, which is this Saturday.

thetechmind

Skilled
Dec 13, 2006

anks22402 said:
in honkong the launch event happened and the price which they said was 402 $ euro which comes to 26 k .

24th Nov 2008 update

As rumored that there will be launch event of Nokia 5800 taking place today in Hong Kong, there indeed was launch event in HK just now. Keithvim at ePrice.com.hk attended the event and got back with a plenty of photos. According to him, the price of Nokia 5800 will indeed be HK$3988 (which is about 407 euros). The retail version of Nokia 5800 in HK will come with a 8GB MicroSD card, pen stylus, a plectrum stylus in wrist strap, a stand, a carrying case, pre-loaded Batman trailer clip and 14 pop songs. The update that he has gotten from the event that all of you living in HK need to know is that Nokia 5800 will be on the shelves November 29, which is this Saturday.
so abroad its no way close to 20k :mad: :mad: :mad: !!! aaah yes its close from the upper side ....:no: :no: :no: hopin for the updates soon..........now E63! when are u coming out !!!

Switch

Skilled
Jan 13, 2005

Tube vs iPhone @ this price...

Its iPhone all the way...

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005

hanzy said:
so abroad its no way close to 20k :mad: :mad: :mad: !!! aaah yes its close from the upper side ....:no: :no: :no: hopin for the updates soon..........now E63! when are u coming out !!!

From the same blog...

When it comes to the price, Hong Kong is no exception, just like Taiwan and Spain, whose high launching prices have been made official. In HK, Nokia 5800 will cost HK$3980, which is about €410.

The prices seem to be location specific. As I said Nokia would be shooting itself in the foot if they set a higher price tag after hinting the people that it would be at least 10k less than iPhone.

GenetiCDisasteR

Disciple
Nov 24, 2008

for nokia's sake it better be location specific. if they get it over 21k, then many people (including myself) will be pissed.

prince_reshim

Disciple
Nov 20, 2008

[quote name='anks22402']in honkong the launch event happened and the price which they said was 402 $ euro which comes to 26 k .

24th Nov 2008 update

As rumored that there will be launch event of Nokia 5800 taking place today in Hong Kong, there indeed was launch event in HK just now. Keithvim at ePrice.com.hk attended the event and got back with a plenty of photos. According to him, the price of Nokia 5800 will indeed be HK$3988 (which is about 407 euros). The retail version of Nokia 5800 in HK will come with a 8GB MicroSD card, pen stylus, a plectrum stylus in wrist strap, a stand, a carrying case, pre-loaded Batman trailer clip and 14 pop songs. The update that he has gotten from the event that all of you living in HK need to know is that Nokia 5800 will be on the shelves November 29, which is this Saturday.[/QUOTE
The Store Stalker update Nov 24th (Nokia Launch updates )
Reliance Digital (2 branches ) – “ Sir the phone should be here with us by Friday or The First week of December if you are really desperate sir you can contact Nokia Priority we have received word that they have the phone’s already Priced at around 22,000Rs “

Mobile Store (4 branches ) - “ The phone should be with us 2 days after it has been launched by Nokia Priority by This weekend or First week of november “

Subhiksha Mobile store ( 1 Branch ) – “ Sir Month End November 28th – 30 it should be with us

Nokia Priority –” We will be receiving the phone by This weekend for product testing you should be able to receive your piece if you pre book it by the first week of December “

“ Phone should launch by The month end priced at Rs 23-22,000 “

“ The Phone will be here by Wednesday we should be able to give you the price by Tuesday the phone should not be more then 22,000 Rs . “ – Branch 1

“ The Phone will be coming next week Price By Wednesday “ – Branch 2

“ The Phone should be here next week or First week of December “ – Branch 3

Univer Cell – “ November ending “

And still the best one ..even though they changed their stand

Hot Spot - “ Within 4-5 Months sir “

Other States

November 24th

Nokia Priority ( Bangalore ) – ‘December 12 “

Nokia Priority ( Delhi ) – ‘ Not Anytime before December 15th “

Nokia Priority (Pune ) – “ 99% Tomorrow “

Nokia Priority ( Noida ) – “ December “

Prices are still all over the place

Highlight

The Most Interesting post seems to come from Alam who reports that the Nokia Sales team in Pune has gone through Training for The 5800 Xpress Music .

and Zorion reports that the launch party is tommorw on the 25th and the phones should sell on the 26th in Mumbai.

Reactions: 1 person

d@rK nEmEsIs

Skilled
Feb 3, 2008
Mumbai
www.techmadoo.com

prince_reshim said:
[quote name='anks22402']in honkong the launch event happened and the price which they said was 402 $ euro which comes to 26 k .

24th Nov 2008 update

As rumored that there will be launch event of Nokia 5800 taking place today in Hong Kong, there indeed was launch event in HK just now. Keithvim at ePrice.com.hk attended the event and got back with a plenty of photos. According to him, the price of Nokia 5800 will indeed be HK$3988 (which is about 407 euros). The retail version of Nokia 5800 in HK will come with a 8GB MicroSD card, pen stylus, a plectrum stylus in wrist strap, a stand, a carrying case, pre-loaded Batman trailer clip and 14 pop songs. The update that he has gotten from the event that all of you living in HK need to know is that Nokia 5800 will be on the shelves November 29, which is this Saturday.[/QUOTE
The Store Stalker update Nov 24th (Nokia Launch updates )
Reliance Digital (2 branches ) – “ Sir the phone should be here with us by Friday or The First week of December if you are really desperate sir you can contact Nokia Priority we have received word that they have the phone’s already Priced at around 22,000Rs “

Mobile Store (4 branches ) - “ The phone should be with us 2 days after it has been launched by Nokia Priority by This weekend or First week of november “

Subhiksha Mobile store ( 1 Branch ) – “ Sir Month End November 28th – 30 it should be with us

Nokia Priority –†We will be receiving the phone by This weekend for product testing you should be able to receive your piece if you pre book it by the first week of December “

“ Phone should launch by The month end priced at Rs 23-22,000 “

“ The Phone will be here by Wednesday we should be able to give you the price by Tuesday the phone should not be more then 22,000 Rs . “ – Branch 1

“ The Phone will be coming next week Price By Wednesday “ – Branch 2

“ The Phone should be here next week or First week of December “ – Branch 3

Univer Cell – “ November ending “

And still the best one ..even though they changed their stand

Hot Spot - “ Within 4-5 Months sir “

Other States

November 24th

Nokia Priority ( Bangalore ) – ‘December 12 “

Nokia Priority ( Delhi ) – ‘ Not Anytime before December 15th “

Nokia Priority (Pune ) – “ 99% Tomorrow “

Nokia Priority ( Noida ) – “ December “

Prices are still all over the place

Highlight

The Most Interesting post seems to come from Alam who reports that the Nokia Sales team in Pune has gone through Training for The 5800 Xpress Music .

and Zorion reports that the launch party is tommorw on the 25th and the phones should sell on the 26th in Mumbai.

repped nice findout,but if the phone is above 20k then there would be very less buyers for it,I think the prices will come down to 18k:) in a month or two,as it is the case with other nokia phones which are priced very high at the launch time.:mad:

thetechmind

Skilled
Dec 13, 2006

H@cKer said:
[quote name='prince_reshim']

repped nice findout,but if the phone is above 20k then there would be very less buyers for it,I think the prices will come down to 18k:) in a month or two,as it is the case with other nokia phones which are priced very high at the launch time.:mad:

unfortunately cant survive with current phone for MORE 1 month...........IceFusion reading this thread as i type this.....UPDATES plssssssssss.....\

ICEFUSION : beated this post !!!...

its 20k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now SINCE the official pricing is known......whozzzzz in ?????????????????????? 8 people confirmed so far.....since we were considering 18k !.....but then 20k is still fine with me.....................so ...............now...lets get set for a GO on this for discount :D

vpraveenis

Adept
Jul 8, 2006

IceFusion said:
its for twenty thousand... Me gonna go play with it now :)

Woooohoooooooooo :clap:

This is the best news I've heared!!! Is that the MRP or the street price??

Waiting for your updates after "Playing" :)

thetechmind

Skilled
Dec 13, 2006

vpraveenis said:
Woooohoooooooooo :clap:

This is the best news I've heared!!! Is that the MRP or the street price??

Waiting for your updates after "Playing" :)

Man , im all exited............all the waiting and waiting and waiting for a perfect phone in mind is finally going to materialiseeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! :clap: :clap: after my N72 went bust LAST DECEMBER i.e in december 2007 , i have been surviving on a NOKIA 3510.....YES !.........and now i want this so bad , LOL......:rofl: :rofl: :hap2: :hap2:

@IceFusion : How about ur contacts for a bulk order ????? Im sure with your contacts you can get urself and everyone a awsome deal.....

nikhilpai

Adept
Apr 26, 2006
www.techans.com

hanzy said:
[quote name='H@cKer']

unfortunately cant survive with current phone for MORE 1 month...........IceFusion reading this thread as i type this.....UPDATES plssssssssss.....\

ICEFUSION : beated this post !!!...

its 20k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now SINCE the official pricing is known......whozzzzz in ?????????????????????? 8 people confirmed so far.....since we were considering 18k !.....but then 20k is still fine with me.....................so ...............now...lets get set for a GO on this for discount :D

I am in as well !!! :hap2:

jesal

Adept
Dec 12, 2006

i am in if the prices are juicy, also there are 3 color choices right so what about those. i like all 3. red, blue and black

thetechmind

Skilled
Dec 13, 2006

jesal said:
i am in if the prices are juicy, also there are 3 color choices right so what about those. i like all 3. red, blue and black

1) hanzy x1
2) anks22402 x2
3) Motorheadinc x2
4) PhOeNiX x1
5) vint x1
6) rocky_pratik x1
7) nikeel x1
8) jesal x1

10 done and counting.......

tracerbullet

Skilled
Jul 4, 2005
Mumbai

Nice pricing, I must say :)

I'm glad Nokia didn't join the bandwagon with Apple, SE, BB and the likes and overprice its phone.

but all this mayhem?? And they call us fanboys.