The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

So the phone will be around 20K mark give or take 1K... Not bad but the availability is a little let down... looks like i will need to get my 6630 fixed for some more time as i have made up my mind to pick this up over iphone when it is out...

Also will not mind a grey piece as soon as it hits my local dealer but i am sure waiting for a official piece will be more worth it with Nokia Comes With Music service...

anks22402 said:
now just wait for someone of grey pieces which will come once its out in honkong

Its priced at Euro 400 in Hong Kong which makes it around Rs.24000. So the grey market price will be atleast Rs.24000

Plus since grey market handsets will be in short supply as compared to demand, grey market will sell it at a huge premium.

hanzy said:
+1...

at this moment...im happy , exited and equally sad.....sheeesh.....spoils the party actually :cry:

on the other hand i foresee a lot of FS threads coming up on TE for their cellphones for wananbe 5800 buyers :)...actually this huge time gap is a nice buffer to get rid of your phones for a better pricing at this moment !........also another thing that leaves me wondering is the impact of this phone on the pricing of the others......other touchscreen phones are going to suffer and a price drop on them is SURE to follow..........

Arey baba, but we all want this na :chair: :chair:

Some body please come with a pre-order GO.

I bet it would work out great

14 pages Inquiry & Eagerness PUSH it's price up to 21k, now stop posting any more else push by 2-3k up :bleh:

I am sure the reasone for delay is the screen itself and not anything else... Nokia already knows that they are entering the touch screen market almost 2 years after the iphone.... And any further delays will lessen their sales...

Knowing that Nokia is capable enough of sourcing rest of the components the only thing causing this delay would be the screen itself... They surely don't have the desired nos what they are aiming for...

And Nokia is certainly quite smart... They will supply enough phones region by region and not all places in one go cause lower stocks everywhere will just piss off everybody...

Its better to wait then buying something else... At the best one should try their hand on the cheap Chinese phones... I am sure that it will keep everybody amused for almost a month :devil:

Lol . I guess you are right. But i think we might see this phone before the assumed dates. Actually , let's all pray we do.

wont be a big deal though... the phone may be available before christmas.. just to cash in the sales ;)

Icefusion...ne bola tha ki Nokia ka MD ne bola hai ki 5800 pakka November 3rd weeek mein aayega....

Sala Nokia ka MD jooth bolta hai...

Lol , i guess IceFusion's answer will be

IceFusion of the future said:
The MD said the Nokia 5800 will launch in the 3rd week of November , nothing was said about the availability. As such it was well known that there is going to be a severe shortage of the handset, because of which even our US and Europe friends will have to live without the phone this Christmas.

:eek:hyeah:

Dont worry folks. When we have waited 3-4 long months for this phone , had duels with others about its price , now that it has been officially launched and the price declared, what is a week or two ?

@hanzy , keep on collecting the names of the Mumbai guys in the deal. I am talking to a few of my contacts to help us get the phone asap.

hanzy said:
1) hanzy x1
2) anks22402 x2
3) Motorheadinc x2
4) PhOeNiX x1
5) vint x1
6) rocky_pratik x1
7) nikeel x1
8) jesal x1

10 done and counting.......

ok lets continue the countining...
@phoenix : 10 pieces sure till now...try getting the phone asap re...

people wanting to be added to this list or missed from the list pls inform aspa............

PhOeNiX said:
Lol , i guess IceFusion's answer will be

:eek:hyeah:

Nah... already said that.... if you still dont understand i cant help it :p

Thats the way media works... they get both positive and negative publicity.... :)

I am really confused now.

I have been waiting since August to buy a new phone. When the N79 was announced I thought lets wait for 2 months to get the N79. By the time N79 was available the 5800 was announced with a scheduled November launch, so I waited for a further 1 month. Now waiting for further 2 months is frustrating.

Am considering whether to get the N79 now. :(

Back