The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#raksrulesWhen iTunes takes backup all your contacts,messages ,mails, apps purchased via iTunes , music will be saved.

Delta updates are so good that iPhone even remembers the last dialed calls , music which is on pause.

You will loose all apps downloaded from install0us.To be on a safe side use google mail and sync your contacts to google.

Ok so i did the deactivate using Redsn0w and activate using iTunes and i got the message that phone is unlocked. But now i get only single bar no matter what SIM or network i try. Google and modmyi forum told me that it is an issue with 1.59.00 firmware and iOS 5+. Only solution is either Ultrasn0w which in my case is not that useful or update to later iOS version and thus update the baseband and fix the issue.

Now i have never done this backup restore stuff or updated iOS so how do i go ahead ensuring that after the iOS update i still have my data and contacts etc intact ?

A backup and restore is very easy. Only thing is that updating to latest 5.1 OS will give u a tethered jailbreak, if you are okay with that then its good.

Btw, you can have untetherd JB on 5.0.1, If you have 5.0.1 shsh blobs, you can try restoring to 5.0.1 OS from apple and upgrading your baseband. Some have reported success in upgrading bb, some have not, mine didnt get upgraded. Ultrasnow is just the aesthetic look, you will still retain the unlock.

PS: Battery lasts longer on 5.0+ OS

As of now i am still on 5.0 and have not updated. Currently the scenario is that i have tethered 5.0 JB

1. I boot normally so the JB does not work and since the phone is now unlocked, i can use any SIM, just that i get only single bar but that does not affect voice or anything i guess.

2. I boot tethered so the JB and Ultrasn0w works and all my JB apps work and also i get full bars.

Since i do not really feel the need of updating to 5.1 as of now, i am not doing so.

As of now i am still on 5.0 and have not updated. Currently the scenario is that i have tethered 5.0 JB

1. I boot normally so the JB does not work and since the phone is now unlocked, i can use any SIM, just that i get only single bar but that does not affect voice or anything i guess.

2. I boot tethered so the JB and Ultrasn0w works and all my JB apps work and also i get full bars.

Since i do not really feel the need of updating to 5.1 as of now, i am not doing so.

untether for 5.0 is out since long. why dont you u use untether jb ?

I am on untether 5.0.1 !!

hello guys

please answer

can we flash a lower version firmware to a factory unlocked iPhone 4s and then jailbreak it??

how much difference in battery life does 5.0.1 and 5.1 have?

Guys. need help.

Just got the white iPhone 4S Verizon CDMA.

currently running 5.0.1 and 1.0.13

I have jailbroken it via[font=arial, sans-serif] Absinthe[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Now how do i unlock it ? there are lots of R-Sim on ebay. which one should i get and from which reliable seller ?[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanx. [/font]

untether for 5.0 is out since long. why dont you u use untether jb ?

I am on untether 5.0.1 !!

Yes i got that same info on another forum and since i never looked looked for the JB info after JBing for the first time, i was not aware.

So now since i have a tethered JB and want to convert into Untethered one, can you tell me what i should do and how i should proceed ?

PS: I still want to stay on 5.0 only.

From what i know, that is not possible as Apple doesn't sign it's previous firmwares any more.

its not the signing, but A5 devices like i4S can't be downgraded even with bb tickets.

But, i4 can be downgraded from 5.1 to 5.0.1 or to any lower provided you have the shsh blobs for your device.

Good news for people who want to do operator unlock,new unlock working for all iPhones, all firmwares is released by Loktar_Sun.

Step by step tutorial:

Code:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=21501

Hi,

I just put in my request to unlock my iPhone yesterday. i wanted to know that after they have successfully completed the request, is it necessary to update the phone to the latest iOS for the phone to get unlocked, or will a simple sync work,like it does in case of Sprint iPhones. I don't want to loose my jailbreak.

Hi,

I just put in my request to unlock my iPhone yesterday. i wanted to know that after they have successfully completed the request, is it necessary to update the phone to the latest iOS for the phone to get unlocked, or will a simple sync work,like it does in case of Sprint iPhones. I don't want to loose my jailbreak.

Restore would do IIRC

You can use Sam prefs to deactivate and then connect with iTunes, let itunes connect to iTunes store and then disconnect and reconnect your iPhone. You can try this after 2 days of calling up AT&T.

Hi,

Not needed. I have my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 and baseband 1.59.00 and i used the Redsn0w option of deactivating the phone and just connected the phone to iTunes and got the Unlocked message. My baseband and iOS versions are preserved. Although it does not matter anymore as i have a REAL unlock now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back