the all new iphone 4g!!!?

demonic

Adept
Since last two summers, we've been constantly spotting grainy images of the next iPhone model of corresponding year and we did spot a few pictures of the iPhone 4G as well. Engadget has now posted what it calls "the real iPhone 4G photos". Though many pointed out that even these were fake, prolific blogger and tech pundit John Gruber did some research and concluded that this bunch of iPhone 4G photos is real.
Back in late January, Engadget had leaked images of Apple iPad prototype from Weiphone.com, a mysterious Chinese forum. That photo was rumored to be taken in Apple's Test Labs and had a glimpse of iPhone 4G prototype. Engadget has managed to grab clearer photos of purported iPhone 4G through Twitpics, an image uploading service for Twitter. Engadget said an unnamed 'source' confirmed the authenticity of these images.

So what can we conclude from these "real" images? They show that the iPhone 4G model has different build than the existing iPhone models. The iPhone 4G prototype model carries aluminium-like rims, glass screen with a front camera and iPhone 3G-like back panel. The back panel also carries an FCC number starting with BCGA and an IC number from 579C. These numbers also exist in iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS.

Apparently, Apple hasn't used the aluminum enclosure just like the one used in MacBook Pros. More internal shots of iPhone 4G were available from theWeiphone forum.

John Gruber pointed out that back in 2006, Apple registered a patent for using ceramic enclosures and according to him, aluminum enclosures don't get strong radio signals. Several sources told Gruber that the back enclosure is high-durability fancy glass. This new glass-like enclosure would be stronger to survive falls, scratch resistant and also radio waves friendly.

So far, we're contented with what Gruber points at and are totally geared up to see the new iPhone 4G officially. We should not forget that iPhone's yearly product life cycle suggests that iPhone's refresh is due this year as well in June as Phil Schiller senior vice president of marketing, told David Pogue, a technology columnist with The New York Times

110653_iphone4.jpg

110653_iphone41.jpg

original link
Techtree.com India > News > Consumer Electronics > See what the Real iPhone 4G will Look Like

I highly doubt if its the real deal . Apple wouldn't make such fugly phones and user replaceable battery ? That's so not Apple :p

considering that LTE data rollout has just begun globally and LTE-voice is still a good two years away, calling the upcoming iPhone as iPhone 4G would be a clear case of brainless stupidity in my words [until they put an LTE radio in it, or a WiMAX one for Verizon]

wow. this design means doom to those numerous companies manufacturing iphone cases. They were looting the buyers with insane pricing, thanks to shiny/glossy body of iphone/ipod touch.

I'm pretty sure that this design is not final & just a prototype.

Anyways here is a proper more comprehensive look at the iPhone 4G

[youtube]6dIMs72sSKA[/youtube]

This looks like a hoax to me.. They have opened it up to its guts but still no talk, not even speculation about the processor and other chips.. come on..

no one loses a prototype phone in a public restaurant .The leak is prolly deliberate on apple's part for obvious reasons. Honestly this is the crappiest design possible for an iphone.The current design is a lot better than this and i doubt that design will change this time ard.

I still hate it :-[

Edit: I just saw the video why do i feel buttons on the phone are similar to the Chinese clone phone.I am talking about the side buttons which you can see in the video

I like it... but I don't think I'll be able to get it when it releases, cause it seem to use Micro-SIM. :(

So much for waiting for worthy upgrade from my original iPhone 2G.

Back