Car & Bike TestDriven: The New KTM Duke 200 Launched in India

^^ Yes it can do it. did it myself and then said my prayers for being alive. there's this performance auto company in navi mumbai -- vashi - which will remap the ecu so you can get 30-32 bhp for 7-8k. you can remove it and ship it to them - they will program it for you and send it back to you in 3 days. it doesn't tamper with the warranty of the bike.

how does just remapping the ecu make so much of a difference??? not suggesting whether it can or cannot be done.. but would like a little bit of knowledge about this.. i know what ecu is and what it does.. but i can never understand how it might give such a power boost..

even i am planning to buy a new bike.. now confused.. definitely dont wanna go for bajaj because i have been riding my pulsar for 8 years now.. r15 has become way too expensive for a 150cc.. honda cbr is overpriced.. so the options that i have come down to are, for sporty riding, KTM duke, and if i go for relaxed riding, then the Enfield Classic 350.

Few more pics of my bike, finished 1000kms, first service done. did few 0-100 run and before you can say Duke it does 100
happy55.gif

Awesome pics man. And you have kept it pretty clean too. Or it may be that u took pics just after servicing.
happy19.gif

I have completed 1500 km yesterday. Time for Cleaning and lubricating the chain. Bought the riding gear and accessories too. Will post the pics for those later. Right now just listing them.

1. Helmet : Sol Helmet model : SL68s2 Metalman for Rs4550/-

rEITW.jpg

Link : http://www.solhelmet...pid=580&_lang=E

2. Jacket : Spartan Mesh Jacket medium sized. Having CE approved elbow, shoulder and back protection for Rs5500

3. Gloves : Spartan Gloves with wrist protection. Rs2500

These are very similar to cramster TRG2 gloves. First wanted to buy the cramster ones but they didnt have large size in stock. weighted for about one month and finally bought the Spartan ones. Strangely i found the Spartan better in quality.

Cramster TRG2 link : http://www.cramster.in/ridinggear.php

Following are cramster gloves.

vYFDB.jpg

4. Shoes : Orazo Picus Boots. for 3.4k

Link : http://orazosafety.com/buy_picus.aspx
5. Bought Bike cover. Its basically a Royal Enfield bullet cover and found that it fits duke almost perfectly.

Will post my gear pics later.

there's this performance auto company in navi mumbai -- vashi - which will remap the ecu so you can get 30-32 bhp for 7-8k. you can remove it and ship it to them - they will program it for you and send it back to you in 3 days. it doesn't tamper with the warranty of the bike.

are you sure on that warranty-friendly part?

they say it increases RPM limit to 11,700 and they are telling KTM/Bajaj guys cant find it.

Simple Max-rev/Dyno testing will be suffice Or if they are geeky they can always dump ECU firmware to check abnormality .

Awesome pics man. And you have kept it pretty clean too. Or it may be that u took pics just after servicing.
happy19.gif

That is when my bike was the worst state because i was planning to give it for service next day, i have a habit of keeping my car and bike clean, to so much extent that my friends think its a disorder
crazyeyes.gif

Those riding gear looks good man, except the helmet which looks a bit too loud in design but each to their own.

isnt the power 25 bhp??? thats what i remember reading in the brochure.. so basically, the horsepower gain is just due to higher rpms????

25Bhp is the standard power and they were claiming it can be increase upto 28bhp and rpm limiter will be raised to ~12k rpm. I have no idea if the power increase was just because of limiter or there were more tweaks in the ECU. Anyways these were just advertised figures they have not done any dyno or anything.

here are pics for my riding gear : (Warning: large size pics, may take time in loading)

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Sol Helmet (Orange Metal Man):[/font]

XMGGj.jpg

KCwui.jpg

Orazo Picus Riding Boots:

Q1K1F.jpg

Spartan Gauntlet Gloves:

fbvmz.jpg

Spartan Riding Jacket:

Yl321.jpg

2rGGP.jpg

that is some excellent gear above... with all this stuff, i am sure you must be pushing the bike to its limits.. do post some performance figures.. actual tested ones.. not brochure data...
<
thanks..

that is some excellent gear above... with all this stuff, i am sure you must be pushing the bike to its limits.. do post some performance figures.. actual tested ones.. not brochure data...
happy19.gif
thanks..

i dont ride that fast.. the fastest i have been on this bike is 112kmph. I value safety more than speed. Thus invested in the gear. Plus since its my first bike and i haven't had any ride experience of more than 15min on any bike before this, i am learning as i am driving this bike more and more.

When i went to yelagiri from chennai (220kms on side) during run in period of my bike, i went to max 91kmph. Even that felt too fast to me that time.

Then once again while driving on the chen-bang highway i touched 100 for first time, That also felt too fast.

Then last saturday went to pulicat lake(70km from chennai), I found a empty, straight and plain road. Touched 113kmph on that. That's the fastest i have been on this(any) bike.
happy19.gif

The acceleration figures were something like 0-100 in 25sec. It will improve slowly as i gain more confidence.

oh sorry.. i didnt realize you are still learning how to ride.. thats okay. then i wont push you to test the bikes potential... gear for safety is fine.. but people generally dont buy so much gear unless and until they're going to go long distance touring as well as push the bikes to their limits even if once in a while.. but its good that you've bought all this stuff..

Holiness at its awesome. Looks like the tron movie but instead of the blue, it is illuminated as a Lava
<
Ghost RIder
<
You name it and you have it
<

where did you get these stickers and for how much??? is there any specific name for these stickers or just glow stickers???? are these just glowing in the dark or have you used some uv light or black light???

where did you get these stickers and for how much??? is there any specific name for these stickers or just glow stickers???? are these just glowing in the dark or have you used some uv light or black light???

I got these stickers done in Anna Nagar,(right side of Yesesi Supermarket). They are just reflective stickers. Which if u throw light, reflect back. Thus while taking pics if u flash is on, these stickers become LED.
<
Thats all.

Actually i had bought RIM stickers from Bangalore which also had KTM logo cut out. But the quality of those RIM stickers wasn't good, which i came to know when i reached that shop where i wanted them to stick my stickers as I would definitely screw it up. There they showed there own stickers which looked of better quality than mines. But they didnt have the KTM logo cut out. So i used my KTM logo with there RIM stickers. And the result was really good.

Here's a pic in day time :

UUeHQ.jpg

Back